Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

tacos
Senior
And1: 384

Re: *Trade ideas thread* 

Post#161 » by tacos » Tue Dec 5, 2017 7:04 am

Matt800 wrote:Maybe

Turner + Davis for Courtney Lee + Noah

NYC gets rid of Noah's contract and also gets a little younger.

Swanigan + Layman + protected 1st for RHJ

Brooklyn gets a big with some potential, and other stuff.

POR gets Lee who can score efficiently and play defense, Noah who knew how to play defense, and RHJ who can play defense and has some potential to improve. I think there'd be a better roster balance than there is currently.

No... Portland has no interest in the corpse of Noah or his hilarious contract

#2 also no... Portland has no interest in trading their rookie who is exceeding expectations and a first-round draft pick for role player

These are both extremely bad for Portland... and remember stay in school don't do drugs and remember to wash behind your ears
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#162 » by Soulyss » Tue Dec 5, 2017 9:08 pm

Village Idiot wrote:Batum is looking to be available. He's not producing much for Charlotte this year but they seem to be fairly dysfunctional. They're also playing him out of position (IMHO) at SG

Batum is only 28 (turns 29 on the 14th). I would love to have his passing out on the perimeter. Last year he averaged 15 points, 6.2 rebounds and 5.9 assists but shoot poor percentages. He'd certainly be a heck of a lot better at SF/PF than Harkless

Proposal: Turner and Davis for Batum. They get an ending contract and for their needs an equivalent player.

I like the idea of bringing Batum back so long as Turner is headed out. I suggested Harkless, Turner, and a Protected 1st for Batum and O'Bryant (expiring filler) Portland saves money per year helping with the Nurk resign and get's a much better fitting piece.
tacos
Senior
And1: 384

Post#163 » by tacos » Wed Dec 6, 2017 2:41 am

Soulyss wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:Batum is looking to be available. He's not producing much for Charlotte this year but they seem to be fairly dysfunctional. They're also playing him out of position (IMHO) at SG

Batum is only 28 (turns 29 on the 14th). I would love to have his passing out on the perimeter. Last year he averaged 15 points, 6.2 rebounds and 5.9 assists but shoot poor percentages. He'd certainly be a heck of a lot better at SF/PF than Harkless

Proposal: Turner and Davis for Batum. They get an ending contract and for their needs an equivalent player.

I like the idea of bringing Batum back so long as Turner is headed out. I suggested Harkless, Turner, and a Protected 1st for Batum and O'Bryant (expiring filler) Portland saves money per year helping with the Nurk resign and get's a much better fitting piece.

He did punch Juan Carlos Navarro so that's a good thing... He could be our goon for European players like some kind of a metric Bruce Bowen

But didn't he hate being in Portland? He said he'd prefer to go to American Siberia when he was a restricted free agent
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#164 » by Village Idiot » Wed Dec 6, 2017 9:57 pm

tacos wrote:
Soulyss wrote:

He did punch Juan Carlos Navarro so that's a good thing... He could be our goon for European players like some kind of a metric Bruce Bowen

But didn't he hate being in Portland? He said he'd prefer to go to American Siberia when he was a restricted free agent
Here's what he said to Lowe after he left.On playing in Portland:

NB: ...that place is special. Portland is special. I loved it. I loved it.

ZL: You hear sometimes a lot of players don’t wanna play there because it’s out of the way, it’s, you know…

NB: To be honest, when I first got here, I was like, why am I here? The first time I got there, I was like, wow, I mean… special. I loved it.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
Village Idiot
General Manager

Post#165 » by Village Idiot » Wed Dec 6, 2017 10:07 pm

Some ideas, mine and others, for an instant top 4 seed rebuild:

Batum and O'Bryant for Turner and Harkless and a protected 1st. Harkless goes to the Knicks for Lance Thomas who goes to Charlotte. LT makes $4 million less than Harkless

Cousins and Tony Allen for Nurkic, Vonleh and Myers and $6 million

PG13 and John Henson for McCollum and Davis. McCollum and Davis go to Milwaukee with Middelton going to OKC. The Thunder get a guy under contract and who makes $5 million less giving them a lot of instant salary and luxury tax relief.

Assuming Cousins and PG13 resign we have a solid group of players in their primes. We get three versatile guys at the 2,3,4 who can all guard three positions and switch on a lot. The defense is potentially very good.

PG: Lillard, Napier
SG: George, Allen, PatC
SF: Batum, Layman
PF: Aminu, Swanigan, Collins
C: Cousins, Henson, O'Bryant
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#166 » by Case2012 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:36 am

I start a trade thread and then a few days later someone else does... and everyone starts posting in there.
Instagram: @casetwelve
Village Idiot
General Manager

Post#167 » by Village Idiot » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:39 am

Case2012 wrote:I start a trade thread and then a few days later someone else does... and everyone starts posting in here. Thanks Roy. :noway: :banghead:
While there is certainly some overlap, not all trade ideas involve blowing it up and not all posts on blowing it up involve trade ideas so I can see a need for both threads.
Case2012
Lead Assistant

Post#168 » by Case2012 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:13 am

Chicago seems ripe for plucking some good role players and taking on bad contracts for picks.

Meyers Leonard, Evan Turner, Ed Davis and 2019 top 5 protected pick and some seconds for Lopez and Mirotic.

I think Mirotic would bring the spacing we desperately need and both him and Lopez could start or come off the bench. I think we'd instantly be better. Losing a pick sucks, but so do those contracts and drafting young seems like a bad way to get the most of Dame and Cj's primes.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6977654
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,526

Post#169 » by zzaj » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:32 am

Case2012 wrote:Chicago seems ripe for plucking some good role players and taking on bad contracts for picks.

Meyers Leonard, Evan Turner, Ed Davis and 2019 top 5 protected pick and some seconds for Lopez and Mirotic.

I think Mirotic would bring the spacing we desperately need and both him and Lopez could start or come off the bench. I think we'd instantly be better. Losing a pick sucks, but so do those contracts and drafting young seems like a bad way to get the most of Dame and Cj's primes.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6977654

I'm reeeeeeeealy skeptical that Chicago would do that trade, but I do agree it would make Portland better. I think it'd put them in a tier above where they are now. The Blazers would still have pretty abysmal guard depth though. Maybe they could bring Morrow back to hit some 3s. Or G-D forbid they get the big, physical backup PG that some of us have been rallying for years about...

Lillard/Napier
CJ/Pat
Aminu/Harkless
Mirotic/Collins/Swanigan
Nurkic/Lopez
Case2012
Lead Assistant

Post#170 » by Case2012 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 pm

After the Jimmy Butler trade, I'm of the opinion that CHI front office isn't that savvy. Even then, I don't think it's that bad of a trade.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,889

Post#171 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 pm

I would jump on this trade in a millisecond, but no way they take BOTH Leonard and Turner. We would have to add move value. I would include Swanigan if that was the selling point for CHI.
Labinot41
Sophomore
And1: 41

Re: RE: Re: *Trade ideas thread* 

Post#172 » by Labinot41 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:39 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

I would jump on this trade in a millisecond, but no way they take BOTH Leonard and Turner. We would have to add move value. I would include Swanigan if that was the selling point for CHI.

I am sure they would also want Zach Collins. Bulls FO is dump but not soooo dump. And at that point i wouldn't do it. Zach Collins should be untouchable! He has so much potencial and will be really good in the future
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,889

Post#173 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:08 pm

I am sure they would also want Zach Collins. Bulls FO is dump but not soooo dump. And at that point i wouldn't do it. Zach Collins should be untouchable! He has so much potencial and will be really good in the future

Honestly, if we could move both Myers and Turner in the same deal I would probably go as far as:

Evan Turner, Myers Leonard, Noah Vonleh, Caleb Swanigan, 2018 R1 Lotto Protected for Robin Lopez and Nicola Mirotic.

Even then, I don't think CHI does that. But to me, its an easy yes. Zach is the future starter at PF, not Caleb. And you replace Caleb's offensive bench scoring (potential) with Mirotic who is a excellent scoring option off the bench at SF/PF. Vonleh is unlikely to be resigned IMO, so his addition doesn't hurt too much and Zach emerging makes jettisoning him even easier. Lopez is a elite backup Center who is a great, great locker room guy and, most important, sets some of the best screens in the game, helping CJ, Pat and to a lesser extent Lillard get open when moving w/o the ball.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,526

Post#174 » by zzaj » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:53 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

Honestly, if we could move both Myers and Turner in the same deal I would probably go as far as:

Evan Turner, Myers Leonard, Noah Vonleh, Caleb Swanigan, 2018 R1 Lotto Protected for Robin Lopez and Nicola Mirotic.

Even then, I don't think CHI does that. But to me, its an easy yes. Zach is the future starter at PF, not Caleb. And you replace Caleb's offensive bench scoring (potential) with Mirotic who is a excellent scoring option off the bench at SF/PF. Vonleh is unlikely to be resigned IMO, so his addition doesn't hurt too much and Zach emerging makes jettisoning him even easier. Lopez is a elite backup Center who is a great, great locker room guy and, most important, sets some of the best screens in the game, helping CJ, Pat and to a lesser extent Lillard get open when moving w/o the ball.

Yep, I'd do that trade as well. And like you, I don't think CHI does. I think Mirotic would start for the Blazers at PF, however.

Mirotic/Zach
Nurkic/Rolo

Would be a nice bigs rotation.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#175 » by GimmeDat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:39 am

Came here to ask about Collins in the other thread, and noticed this discussion ^ I don't think the initial deal is remotely close for the Bulls - we give up 2 positive value guys for 2 baad deals, a decent backup in Davis but someone who holds any value for our purposes, and on top of all that the 1st is protected.

I wouldn't say the Bulls FO are dumb... that Butler trade's looking pretty good about now, isn't it? They've had their misses but to propose a bad deal and then say 'well maybe they do it because they're dumb' is hopeful, imo.

Didn't mean to intrude just to piss on your idea/discussion, just thought I'd offer my honest take from the Bulls perspective.

Bulls fans are currently split on competing or tanking/getting value for our vets, so I can't offer you a consensus opinion, but personally I'm all for the latter option.

I think Turner/Collins for Lopez/Mirotic is probably what I'd do, assuming Turner is your worst contract. Including Leonard on top of that would probably take a 1st, maybe not the '18 one or maybe with some protections, if that's too much in your eyes.
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#176 » by Waynearchetype » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:37 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb6zuswa

I'm ready to burn the thing down. This trade would include BKN and CLE picks to portland.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#177 » by Roy The Natural » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:57 am

GimmeDat wrote:Came here to ask about Collins in the other thread, and noticed this discussion ^ I don't think the initial deal is remotely close for the Bulls - we give up 2 positive value guys for 2 baad deals, a decent backup in Davis but someone who holds any value for our purposes, and on top of all that the 1st is protected.

I wouldn't say the Bulls FO are dumb... that Butler trade's looking pretty good about now, isn't it? They've had their misses but to propose a bad deal and then say 'well maybe they do it because they're dumb' is hopeful, imo.

Didn't mean to intrude just to piss on your idea/discussion, just thought I'd offer my honest take from the Bulls perspective.

Bulls fans are currently split on competing or tanking/getting value for our vets, so I can't offer you a consensus opinion, but personally I'm all for the latter option.

I think Turner/Collins for Lopez/Mirotic is probably what I'd do, assuming Turner is your worst contract. Including Leonard on top of that would probably take a 1st, maybe not the '18 one or maybe with some protections, if that's too much in your eyes.

Wouldn't touch it... rather blow the team up and give Collins playing time than this. The problem here is that neither Lopez or Mirotic "fix" the Blazers, or their salary issues. Giving up Collins for non "fixes" is just dumb. I'll just nix this notion here though. Bulls aren't getting Collins for marginal vets, taking on Turner does nothing to change that notion. Portland IMO is on the verge of blowing it up, and resetting.

I'm hanging up the phone on this, it's not even in the zip code of on offer I'd consider.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#178 » by GimmeDat » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:35 am

I can understand the interest in keeping Collins.

Another trail of thought - Mirotic is available and one of the best trade destinations seems to be Portland. Are you guys interested?

He's playing great this season (led us through that 7 game win streak), he's a streaky shooter but good overall scorer, rebounds and has been one of our best defenders. On 13.5mil this season, next season is a team option.
Labinot41
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#179 » by Labinot41 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:33 am

GimmeDat wrote:I can understand the interest in keeping Collins.

Another trail of thought - Mirotic is available and one of the best trade destinations seems to be Portland. Are you guys interested?

He's playing great this season (led us through that 7 game win streak), he's a streaky shooter but good overall scorer, rebounds and has been one of our best defenders. On 13.5mil this season, next season is a team option.
Sorry bro, but Collins is ontouchable.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#180 » by GimmeDat » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:45 am

Labinot41 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:I can understand the interest in keeping Collins.

Sorry bro, but Collins is ontouchable.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

Wasn't talking about for Collins, just generally.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers