Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Re: Game 22: Portland vs Milwaukee 7:00pm SNW/NBATV 

Post#101 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:47 pm

Oden2 wrote:
Fitz303 wrote:
jeffhardyfan52 wrote:Looks like nurk is pissy we boo Meyers

I don't blame him. It's embarrassing that Blazers fans are booing him. People act like he held Paul Allen at gunpoint for that contract. If someone offers me 10 Million even though I'm not worth that contract, you know damn well that I'm signing it. He's not dogging it out there. He's not a bad person by any means. That's not somebody you boo. We're not Philadelphia. Portland is better than that. Or at least I thought we were. Boo the other team, not guys in the Blazers jerseys. If he beat his wife or something, I get it. For him not being as good as people hoped? That's dumb, and embarrassing as a fan

I think the booing has to do more with how he never seemed to put much of an effort into improving himself & playing softly than the money. If he went out there and at least gave a few hard fouls/ brought toughness I could live with him being massively overpaid.

Instead he spent his off seasons practicing shooting when he should've been working on his defense

yeah, it's not a very good look by the fans, but fans can't perform precision booing. When they boo Meyers it's for what he is as a player, what he's paid for being what he is, and it's also for the guy who gave him that idiotic contract.

there's some scapegoating for sure, but why did Meyers come into the game instead of Ed Davis? Why did Meyers come into the game instead of Collins. Why was Swanigan made inactive instead of Meyers?

all those questions may be indicating something, Perhaps Meyers is being played to try and elevate his trade value enough that Portland can find a taker for him and his contract. Think about that; so when he comes in and bombs away at air, fans are booing because they know they''ll keep seeing him
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,671

Post#102 » by PDXKnight » Fri Dec 1, 2017 6:18 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
Oden2 wrote:
Fitz303 wrote:
I don't blame him. It's embarrassing that Blazers fans are booing him. People act like he held Paul Allen at gunpoint for that contract. If someone offers me 10 Million even though I'm not worth that contract, you know damn well that I'm signing it. He's not dogging it out there. He's not a bad person by any means. That's not somebody you boo. We're not Philadelphia. Portland is better than that. Or at least I thought we were. Boo the other team, not guys in the Blazers jerseys. If he beat his wife or something, I get it. For him not being as good as people hoped? That's dumb, and embarrassing as a fan

I think the booing has to do more with how he never seemed to put much of an effort into improving himself & playing softly than the money. If he went out there and at least gave a few hard fouls/ brought toughness I could live with him being massively overpaid.

Instead he spent his off seasons practicing shooting when he should've been working on his defense

yeah, it's not a very good look by the fans, but fans can't perform precision booing. When they boo Meyers it's for what he is as a player, what he's paid for being what he is, and it's also for the guy who gave him that idiotic contract.

there's some scapegoating for sure, but why did Meyers come into the game instead of Ed Davis? Why did Meyers come into the game instead of Collins. Why was Swanigan made inactive instead of Meyers?

all those questions may be indicating something, Perhaps Meyers is being played to try and elevate his trade value enough that Portland can find a taker for him and his contract. Think about that; so when he comes in and bombs away at air, fans are booing because they know they''ll keep seeing him

I think it's a catch 22. If Meyers turns into a 10 ppg player then Olshey would hold onto him because clearly Olshey and pa have backed Meyers for years (at least up to when he got that extension). Realistically Meyers is what he is. Most gm's aren't idiots and know Meyers Leonard isn't gonna magically turn into an all star with a change of scenery. Of course there's that old saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so our biggest hope might be that another gm is a big Meyers fan and is willing to give up an expiring for him. At the end of the day it seems like false hope to think we could get expirings for Meyers, perhaps the best we could do is get another overpaid player on a 1 year shorter contract (i.e. Austin rivers/ Jeremy Lin/marjanovic) and that's if Olshey gets lucky
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 851

Post#103 » by Epicurus » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:42 pm

If you could meld Collins' basketball instincts into Leonard's body, you would have a hell of a big man. Probably the best chance of that happening is Collins' work in the weight room and the dinning table. It will not be this season. Thus, given the lack of big men after Nurkic's injury last season and the sad results, keeping both around this season seems warranted and I'd go with the more experienced NBA body than a rookie prospect who physically will be dominated, for more minutes.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#104 » by d-train » Fri Dec 1, 2017 11:23 pm

Bucks are only 11-9 but they look like they on the cusp of being great. I don't think Blazers can beat them in 100 tries. If you are looking for a team to rise up and beat the Warriors and LeBron, keep watching the Bucks.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers