DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,168

Re: Game 23:Portland vs New Orleans 7:00pm SNW 

Post#81 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Dec 4, 2017 2:20 am

Wizenheimer wrote:
Oden2 wrote:
Honestly I feel like like this team is missing a glue guy big time: think Jerome Kersey, Trevor Ariza, or Nic Batum. One guy who I like to imagine on this team is Otto Porter. He can rebound, defend, shoot 3's and most importantly doesn't need the ball in his hands on every possession to be effective. Could there be a better fit for a Stotts team than this? Obviously we aren't gonna get Otto Porter but if I could magically grab anyone off a team and put him on the blazers Porter would look pretty legit in black white and red! Of course since we aren't getting Porter we should chase that kind of player via our next best option, the draft. Give me an efficient 12-16 ppg player any day over a guy Like melo who jacks up an inefficient 22-28 ppg!

well, the guy you describe is Kyle Kuzma, but that ship has sailed because almost nobody spotted him on the horizon

I think what portland needs most is more talent. Their best player is not elite. Their 2nd best player is not all-star level and is overrated by the GM and a lot of the fans. Their 3rd best player has potential but is still trapped in inconsistency. And after that, the Blazers have a collection of players and not one of them, except for maybe Davis or Aminu, is even average as a player

so Portland needs talent, and unfortunately they also need a whole lot less salary

Portland has company though. There are a lot of teams like Portland right now...stuck in a place with a low ceiling and high floor. Parity I guess. Unfortunately, unlike some of those stuck teams Portland has no prospects for high draft picks or cap-space. That sure looks like a treadmill, barring some near miraculous change of circumstances

I think there is a couple fit issues working against us as well. Namely we need two roles:

1. Pass-first guard - seriously we need a ball-handler who see's his #1 job as setting up other players and distributing.
2. A larger perimeter-scorer - someone ideally >6'6 who can really put pressure on the defense like Dame/CJ do.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#82 » by monopoman » Mon Dec 4, 2017 5:25 am

We need a pass first guard more when Damian is not on the floor, I think that overall Damian does a damn good job of setting up teammates and looking for his own shot, crap he will rarely shoot it sometimes and will be constantly trying to set guys up.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#83 » by Wizenheimer » Mon Dec 4, 2017 6:21 am

monopoman wrote:We need a pass first guard more when Damian is not on the floor, I think that overall Damian does a damn good job of setting up teammates and looking for his own shot, crap he will rarely shoot it sometimes and will be constantly trying to set guys up.

yeah, I agree with that. Dame carries a pretty heavy burden being the #1 scorer and the #1 play-maker, but he's good at both things

a 30 year old Steve Blake would be a good pass-first option...then Portland would have the option of trading him again

Return to Portland Trail Blazers