Game 25: Portland vs Houston 7:00pm SNW 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Dec 9, 2017 5:34 pm

vs

Time: 7:00pm
Place: Moda Center
TV: SNW

GLB of the game Rachel Leigh Cook
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Re: Game 25: Portland vs Houston 7:00pm SNW 

Post#2 » by ducler » Sat Dec 9, 2017 8:48 pm

PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#3 » by PDXKnight » Sat Dec 9, 2017 11:03 pm

3 straight home losses yowza
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#4 » by Masterfully » Sat Dec 9, 2017 11:13 pm

Nurk is our tonight. Hope Collins can get some meaningful minutes.

Portland is a 9 point dog at home. Yeesh
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#5 » by PDXKnight » Sat Dec 9, 2017 11:14 pm

Masterfully wrote:Nurk is our tonight. Hope Collins can get some meaningful minutes.

Portland is a 9 point dog at home. Yeesh

It'll probably be Davis mostly
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#6 » by GreenRiddler » Sat Dec 9, 2017 11:39 pm

Collins is our 2nd best defensive center. Vonleh is too short for Capela as he was for McGee last April for lobs galore. Expect the same lobs tonight only Capela and Harden a lot better than Green and McGee.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#7 » by Epicurus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:05 am

I'd start Leonard in Nurkic's place. Yea, I know that crazy. Yet now is the time to discover if Leonard's high efg% is a fluke or the new Leonard. Further the Blazers this season have a poor efg%. Why not see if Leonard can turn it around? I doubt if Davis or Collins will mean victory.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,533

Post#8 » by zzaj » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:42 am

My guess is we'll see a lot of Meyers, unfortunately. I'd love to see more of Collins against Capela. Capela's weight at the combine was 222. He's now listed anywhere between 220 and 240...so "weight" shouldn't be an excuse.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#9 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:47 am

zzaj wrote:My guess is we'll see a lot of Meyers, unfortunately. I'd love to see more of Collins against Capela. Capela's weight at the combine was 222. He's now listed anywhere between 220 and 240...so "weight" shouldn't be an excuse.

I'd question if Meyers has the mobility to stay with Capela. Maybe with Nene if Nene plays
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,836

Post#10 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:56 am

Meyers struggles to stay with a chair with his mobility.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#11 » by Shem » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:59 am

Wizenheimer wrote:
zzaj wrote:My guess is we'll see a lot of Meyers, unfortunately. I'd love to see more of Collins against Capela. Capela's weight at the combine was 222. He's now listed anywhere between 220 and 240...so "weight" shouldn't be an excuse.

I'd question if Meyers has the mobility to stay with Capela. Maybe with Nene if Nene plays

I bet that thought wouldn't cross Stotts' mind when playing with the idea of starting Meyers tonight. Then Portland gets off to a slow start when Houston attacks that weakness before Stotts finally makes a substitution and the rest of the game is Portland trying to climb back in it.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#12 » by Epicurus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:19 am

Wizenheimer wrote:

Does Capela have enough range for the comparative difference in mobility matter? Specifically, if Capela works only around the basket, can't Leonard keep up? He looked decent the other day in denying entry passes including an alley-oop one. On the other hand, doesn't Leonard's distance shot pull Capella away from the restricted area on defense, allowing more room for Lillard in particular? Again it depends on what Leonard show up, doesn't it? (the predictable usual one or the guy who this year is running up the advanced stats)
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#13 » by Epicurus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:22 am

Shem wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:

I bet that thought wouldn't cross Stotts' mind when playing with the idea of starting Meyers tonight. Then Portland gets off to a slow start when Houston attacks that weakness before Stotts finally makes a substitution and the rest of the game is Portland trying to climb back in it.
I am at a loss to understand why you believe a long-time fixture on the NBA coaching sidelines and a two time Academic All Ameircan is so comparatively stupid that he can't possibly see what a poster here does.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#14 » by Shem » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:38 am

Epicurus wrote:
Shem wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:

I am at a loss to understand why you believe a long-time fixture on the NBA coaching sidelines and a two time Academic All Ameircan is so comparatively stupid that he can't possibly see what a poster here does.

I'm at a loss on why you feel the need to bait people into debates to fill a void your life. But whatever floats your boat I suppose.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#15 » by Epicurus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:47 am

Shem wrote:
Epicurus wrote:
Shem wrote:I bet that thought wouldn't cross Stotts' mind when playing with the idea of starting Meyers tonight. Then Portland gets off to a slow start when Houston attacks that weakness before Stotts finally makes a substitution and the rest of the game is Portland trying to climb back in it.

I'm at a loss on why you feel the need to bait people into debates to fill a void your life. But whatever floats your boat I suppose.
Are people not allowed to contest anything you say? If so, you may wish to try to say things far less contestable.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#16 » by PDXKnight » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:47 am

Shem wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:

Sounds about right... I don't get why we don't just give the rookie some burn. It's not like we're world beaters right now, is playing a rookie really gonna be the difference between making the playoffs when Meyers isn't helping this team anyhow?
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,836

Post#17 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:51 am

Shem wrote:
Epicurus wrote:
Shem wrote:I bet that thought wouldn't cross Stotts' mind when playing with the idea of starting Meyers tonight. Then Portland gets off to a slow start when Houston attacks that weakness before Stotts finally makes a substitution and the rest of the game is Portland trying to climb back in it.

He isn't baiting you. He's asking you a question based on a point you've made in this thread. It isn't filling a void in his life. Also perhaps not throw stones at glass houses when you find old posts from five plus years ago for your debates.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#18 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:04 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#19 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:17 am

Leonard plays better when he isn't just put out by the 3 point line and told to wait for the ball
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#20 » by Roy The Natural » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:21 am

Shem wrote:
Epicurus wrote:

It's best to just ignore him, constant condescension and baiting. It's insufferable.

The Sebastian Express wrote:
Shem wrote:
Epicurus wrote:I am at a loss to understand why you believe a long-time fixture on the NBA coaching sidelines and a two time Academic All Ameircan is so comparatively stupid that he can't possibly see what a poster here does.

He isn't baiting you. He's asking you a question based on a point you've made in this thread. It isn't filling a void in his life. Also perhaps not throw stones at glass houses when you find old posts from five plus years ago for your debates.

If it was someone else, sure.... but he's got a history. Always taking subtle digs at other posters.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers