Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Re: Game 37: Portland vs Cleveland 4:00pm SNW 

Post#41 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Jan 3, 2018 4:37 am

Case2012 wrote:Image

Oden2 wrote:
Masterfully wrote:This Portland team does absolutely nothing for me. Give me bad or give me good. This is just... bleh.

It’s not just the W/L record. They play uninspired and boring.

Yeah it's such boring basketball!

deanwoof
Assistant Coach
And1: 811

Post#42 » by deanwoof » Wed Jan 3, 2018 5:18 am

I'm actually surprised how clean those two toilets look...
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#43 » by PDXKnight » Wed Jan 3, 2018 5:54 am

Wizenheimer wrote:
Case2012 wrote:Image

Oden2 wrote:
Masterfully wrote:This Portland team does absolutely nothing for me. Give me bad or give me good. This is just... bleh.

It’s not just the W/L record. They play uninspired and boring.

Yeah it's such boring basketball!

:lol:I don't know what it is but I find poorly designed buildings incredibly fascinating.
mikhail1991
Junior
And1: 9

Post#44 » by mikhail1991 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 6:47 am

Shem wrote:
mikhail1991 wrote:
Shem wrote:What does Lame-am stand for?

Jake Layman

Gotcha. Though I am glad Stotts FINALLY figured out that he shouldn't get rotational minutes.

Ahh I see, I remember the game where he didn't miss a shot. High point of his career IMO
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#45 » by Shem » Wed Jan 3, 2018 6:48 am

mikhail1991 wrote:
Shem wrote:
mikhail1991 wrote:Jake Layman

Gotcha. Though I am glad Stotts FINALLY figured out that he shouldn't get rotational minutes.

Ahh I see, I remember the game where he didn't miss a shot. High point of his career IMO

It was his FIRST EVER game in garbage time against Golden State. He hasn't been the same since.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Labinot41
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#46 » by Labinot41 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 7:10 am

Collins out of rotation?

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#47 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Jan 3, 2018 3:29 pm

Labinot41 wrote:Collins out of rotation?

I'd guess that was more a case of matchups. Cleveland only plays 2 bigs, and not at the same time, Love and Thompson. The Nurkic/Love matchup was working for Portland and those 2 players seem to have about the same timing on their floor and rest time. And Thompson is such a physical player that matching him with Davis made tons of sense

Collins has been playing PF; you don't want him to be guarding Lebron. And Jeff Green is probably too quick for Collins.

everything was working until the Blazers had a flat period in their offense, then the wheels fell off and it was over
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#48 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jan 3, 2018 7:15 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
I'd be curious to see RealGM system data to know if this is just a Blazer thing or if the site overall has seen a dip in active users.

yeah..that may be the case

I'd wonder if the inevitability of only 2 or 3 teams having a chance at the title has depressed interest

I think it's usually the case for treadmill teams right in the 12-18 area unless you're in a super larger market like the Bulls last year. Personally I've been less vocal because I'm busy and tired. Tonight during the game I was coming back from Portland, for example.

I also just think like.... what is there really to talk about? The NBA has become more predictable than I can ever remember so games are kinda boring. There's no good trade rumors floating around. When I come here and scroll through the open/new threads, typically all I come across are salary breakdowns and complaints about the teams current salary situation, so it's just kinda gotten stale.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#49 » by Epicurus » Wed Jan 3, 2018 7:27 pm

I am totally perplexed as to why a fresh-legged Vonleh only got surrender time minutes last night. There must be some sort of trade or whatever game being played which is beyond my understanding. When Vonleh has received 30 or more minutes, not only has he been very efficient, but the Blazers are 3-0 (8-3 when he play 20 minutes or more). Neither Aminu or Collins or Harkless have a comparable record of individual and team performance. I don't get it!
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#50 » by monopoman » Wed Jan 3, 2018 7:28 pm

A pretty rough game made worse by having to listen to two of the worst commentators in the business. The Cav announcers are just trash talk about homers, and they make extremely obvious insights into the game like "Oh man you can't turn over the ball right there, that just fuels the Blazers." or "On that play you gotta bring the weak side help or they get an easy bucket."

The priceless moment from the Cav annoucners was when Aminu got a foul and was complaining that Love jumped on his back. Aminu NEVER complains about calls so for him to get upset it had to be pretty damn blatant. The Cav announcers were acting like "Oh man he can complain here but the Cav players can't that's just unfair!"

Return to Portland Trail Blazers