Rd 1 game 2 Portland vs NOP 7:30pm Tues SNW/TNT

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,168

Re: Rd 1 game 2 Portland vs NOP 7:30pm Tues SNW/TNT 

Post#361 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:25 pm

One thing with Dame, this is a team that never gives up and always see's a chance to run it in the clutch. They are nothing if not practiced at playing from behind.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,890

Re: RE: Re: Rd 1 game 2 Portland vs NOP 7:30pm Tues SNW/TNT 

Post#362 » by JasonStern » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 am

zzaj wrote:
Dame Lizard wrote:Also I want us to trade our 2018 draft pick to dump Turner.

The thing is, to whom? The few teams with capspace are going to be looking to spend their money on the middling and better FAs. I don't think a #24 pick is going to entice any team to spend all of their limited cap money on a net negative player like Turner. Maybe if he made about 10M less per season...

Unless he's stretched, I think there is a 99% chance Turner is with the Blazers next year and the year after that.

or trade Turner for a useless player with a smaller contract. i.e. Atlanta for Miles Plumlee, Chicago for Ömer Aşık, etc.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#363 » by Norm2953 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:51 am

JasonStern wrote:
zzaj wrote:
Dame Lizard wrote:Also I want us to trade our 2018 draft pick to dump Turner.

The thing is, to whom? The few teams with capspace are going to be looking to spend their money on the middling and better FAs. I don't think a #24 pick is going to entice any team to spend all of their limited cap money on a net negative player like Turner. Maybe if he made about 10M less per season...

Unless he's stretched, I think there is a 99% chance Turner is with the Blazers next year and the year after that.

or trade Turner for a useless player with a smaller contract. i.e. Atlanta for Miles Plumlee, Chicago for Ömer Aşık, etc.

Would this board take on Batum's bad deal for Turner's bad deal?
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,890

Post#364 » by JasonStern » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:53 am

Norm2953 wrote:
JasonStern wrote:
zzaj wrote:

Batum has 2 more years and makes $5 million/year more than Turner. can't see that going over well, especially if a pick was involved. replace the 1st with Leonard and it gets a bit more interesting.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#365 » by Norm2953 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:20 am

JasonStern wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:
JasonStern wrote:

Batum has 2 more years and makes $5 million/year more than Turner. can't see that going over well, especially if a pick was involved. replace the 1st with Leonard and it gets a bit more interesting.

There likely would need a second player to balance out salaries with no draft pick involved. At least Nic would be
a better fit in the Stotts offense
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#366 » by Rocketsbaby » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:54 am

Norm2953 wrote:
JasonStern wrote:
zzaj wrote:

Batum isn't "good" but he's certainly still a rotation player. Charlotte played him out of position at SG all year when he's really a SF or smallball PF.

Turner on the other hand is one of the worst players in teh league. He's utterly useless. He's bad on the eye test but the advanced stats show what a horrendous player he truly is. This would be a MAJOR upgrade... and this is coming from someone who thinks batum stinks.

He also played through a preseason elbow injury that initially threatened his entire season, so its possible he will be much better next year
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Rd 1 game 2 Portland vs NOP 7:30pm Tues SNW/TNT 

Post#367 » by Dame Lizard » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:45 pm

zzaj wrote:
Dame Lizard wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:I'll admit...I'm kind of torn

on one hand I want the Blazers to still make a series of it and have a chance to win, or at least make it exciting. I'd hate to see a sweep

on the other hand, as everybody knows, I think this team is poorly constructed and needs an overhaul....and getting swept might put some momentum into that remodel

better angel vs evil angel

I agree. I hope we win or get swept. I feel like losing in 5 won't even sway Olshey, but maybe losing in 4 will.

Also I want us to trade our 2018 draft pick to dump Turner. Admit you collossally screwed up giving Turner that contract and move on Olshey. You've made some great moves and some terrible ones Neil. And that one was always really terrible.

No team wanting to compete will take him- I agree.

But a team who is tanking/accepting mediocrity might be swayed. We'd probably have to throw in a bit more incentive as well.
xtruroyaltyx
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#368 » by xtruroyaltyx » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:49 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:
xtruroyaltyx wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:Teams have lost the first 2 and come back to win 3 in a row. Celtics did it to the heat, although we are going to have to do it wiwth 2 being on the road.

Teams have also lost the first two and have gone on to be swept.

What is the purpose of this comment?

I guess now you get the purpose.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,836

Post#369 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:50 am

xtruroyaltyx wrote:
xtruroyaltyx wrote:
Teams have also lost the first two and have gone on to be swept.

No, I don't. You came here to troll. Enjoy your warning. Do it again, it's a twelve hour.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#370 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:00 am

xtruroyaltyx wrote:

No, I don't. You came here to troll. Enjoy your warning. Do it again, it's a twelve hour.

they actually have suspensions as short as 12 hours?
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,836

Post#371 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:02 am

Wizenheimer wrote:
xtruroyaltyx wrote:

they actually have suspensions as short as 12 hours?

Temporary suspensions can go from 30 minutes to a couple hours to a 12 hour option. It's a measure to allow the average moderator to stop someone from continuous trolling or a meltdown/disruptive behavior while putting in a three (or more) day request to Howard.

Or to just put the poster in a place to calm down/cool down.
xtruroyaltyx
Ballboy

Post#372 » by xtruroyaltyx » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:29 pm

Take your suspension and shove it up your ass.

Obviously this and the following comments are unacceptable and are now being handled.
Last edited by bwgood77 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Notify forum user is being dealt with
xtruroyaltyx
Ballboy

Post#373 » by xtruroyaltyx » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:31 pm

:o
xtruroyaltyx
Ballboy

Post#374 » by xtruroyaltyx » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:28 am

xtruroyaltyx wrote:

Maybe now you get the purpose. No?

Can only handle good things being said about your team snowflake?

Once again, continually trolling and making personal attacks is unacceptable and will be dealt with accordingly.
Last edited by bwgood77 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Notify forum user is being dealt with

Return to Portland Trail Blazers