The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,830

Re: Rd 1 game 3 Portland vs NOP 6:00pm SNW/NBATV 

Post#201 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:34 am

Wizenheimer wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:I really don't want my wife to read this thread....I'd be getting 12 hour warnings every day

Would you even hear her over all the beer you've been drinking? Be honest. How much did tonight cost you?

I can't drink!!

I have an infection and am on an antibiotic that doesn't work with alcohol. And I have to say, it was torture watching this game with a glass of water at my side

The fates were cruel to you today. I was spared watching this game with a doctor's appointment that saw me sleep well into the fourth quarter.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#202 » by Moonbeam » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 am

I've been spared the agony by being in a horrible time zone for NBA basketball. It makes me appreciate our European fans so much!
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#203 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:48 am

monopoman wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:
Would you even hear her over all the beer you've been drinking? Be honest. How much did tonight cost you?

I can't drink!!

I have an infection and am on an antibiotic that doesn't work with alcohol. And I have to say, it was torture watching this game with a glass of water at my side

I handle almost all games with just water by my side, I only drink during games when it's at a bar or something.

I look at it this way...the human body is 60% water. That means I'm 2200 ounces of water...why have 8 more ounces sitting next to me?
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#204 » by DusterBuster » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:48 am

Wizenheimer wrote:I really don't want my wife to read this thread....I'd be getting 12 hour warnings every day

I live my like 12 hours at a time /Vindeiselvoice
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
7-12-52
Senior
And1: 392

Post#205 » by 7-12-52 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:55 am

I don't hate Damian... I just think he might be a bit overrated.
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Post#206 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:10 am

7-12-52 wrote:Image

Your aware that the billboard isn’t serious right
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#207 » by monopoman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:10 am

7-12-52 wrote:Image

The sign is meant to be a joke, no one in their right mind thinks that Damian is better than LBJ. I have never met someone that ever argued that LBJ is an inferior player to Dame.
7-12-52
Senior

Post#208 » by 7-12-52 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:19 am

I'm aware it was a joke. I still don't think it goes up if Damian isn't being heavily overrated by fans though.

Lebron, John Wall needs a 3rd option.
Lebron, Kyrie needs a 3rd option.
Lebron, Aldridge needs a 3rd option.

Do you honestly think any of those billboards could/would ever happen?
The Sebastian Express

Post#209 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:29 am

7-12-52 wrote:I'm aware it was a joke. I still don't think it goes up if Damian isn't being heavily overrated by fans though.

Lebron, John Wall needs a 3rd option.
Lebron, Kyrie needs a 3rd option.
Lebron, Aldridge needs a 3rd option.

Do you honestly think any of those billboards could/would ever happen?

It's a tongue-in-cheek joke of a billboard that's making fun of other fans in different cities who put up billboards (see Los Angeles, Philadelphia) beforehand. Because they know there's no chance we can sign LeBron. So it's not serious, it's more meant to make fun of other cities, show Dame some love at the same time and it was done by one group of fans/a website.

Come on. No one thinks Damian is better than LeBron and they don't think LeBron would be the third option behind him and CJ. There's no reason to overthink this or make it something that it isn't.
7-12-52
Senior

Post#210 » by 7-12-52 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:39 am

Did you not read what I said? I clearly said I know it was a joke. After that I asked if you think that joke would be made by fanbases of other teams with borderline allstars. If not, why not?
monopoman
RealGM

Post#211 » by monopoman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:39 am

It's funny that you assume it's a joke also but then act like "This proves that people overrate him!" Dude we get it you think Damian is nowhere near as good as some but even on here I have seen people give him **** and call him overrated at times, so don't act like EVERYONE thinks Damian is a top 5 player in the NBA if they live in Portland.

**** during that 13 game win streak a lot of people were hyping the **** out of Lillard, and the vast majority of them were not Blazer fans or Damian Lillard fanboys.

Even if other cities may not do this it's irrelevant a small group put that billboard up and they didn't consult the rest of the city of Portland if they thought it was accurate. It's like if you read one guy on some random forum who says that Lillard is the greatest living basketball player and then you say "Ha, this proves that Lillard is overrated!"
7-12-52
Senior

Post#212 » by 7-12-52 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:47 am

I don't have a problem with Damian. I have a problem with him being our best player. If someone could remotely dream up a scenario where we keep Dame and break the streak of mediocrity I'd be all ears but I don't see it.

We haven't won more than 54 games since 1999. I know I'm likely over reacting a bit but it is hard being a Blazer fan. I was born in 85 and the Blazers had nearly as many 50 win seasons before I was 10 as they have got in the time since. It hurts. Sorry.
The Sebastian Express

Post#213 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:54 am

7-12-52 wrote:Did you not read what I said? I clearly said I know it was a joke. After that I asked if you think that joke would be made by fanbases of other teams with borderline allstars. If not, why not?

Because Portland fans are weird? People like to have fun? Those other teams might be in a position to actually sign him one day? because Washington and Cleveland have a noted little rivalry from the playoffs? Because Boston fans wouldn't do that since.. hey, Kyrie?

I don't think you know it's a joke because you're taking it as a Super Serious Thing right now instead of the tongue-in-cheek thing that it's meant to be.

Why do you think this is some thing that is definitive proof that Damian is overrated? It's just fans having fun.
monopoman
RealGM

Post#214 » by monopoman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 am

Let me put it this way lets say Curry and Lillard swapped teams I don't think all of a sudden that makes us a top team in the West. I also doubt it really hurts GS in the grand scheme of things, sure they are somewhat worse but I bet they would still be top dogs. Part of the problem is we don't have enough good players around Lillard to be a great team. Ever since LMA left the best player Lillard has gotten to play with has been Nurkic and Nurkic definitely has some glaring flaws in his game.

We don't have the roster to be a top team in the west unless we see massive improvement from players on the team not named Lillard. Lillard could improve on some aspects of his game as well sure, but at least he works on **** every season and has improved aspects of his game since his first year or two in the NBA.
7-12-52
Senior

Post#215 » by 7-12-52 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:05 am

monopoman wrote:Let me put it this way lets say Curry and Lillard swapped teams I don't think all of a sudden that makes us a top team in the West. I also doubt it really hurts GS in the grand scheme of things, sure they are somewhat worse but I bet they would still be top dogs. Part of the problem is we don't have enough good players around Lillard to be a great team. Ever since LMA left the best player Lillard has gotten to play with has been Nurkic and Nurkic definitely has some glaring flaws in his game.

We don't have the roster to be a top team in the west unless we see massive improvement from players on the team not named Lillard. Lillard could improve on some aspects of his game as well sure, but at least he works on **** every season and has improved aspects of his game since his first year or two in the NBA.

Yes. Exactly. I don't think Damian sucks. I think we are asking him to do more than he is capable of. We have less supporting talent than other elite teams around a player that isn't a slam dunk Lebron type superstar. I just don't get how you can see our capped out roster and think we have a path to competing with the elite teams anytime before the end of Dame's contract.

I don't want to trade Dame. I just think Olshey has put the Blazers in such a terrible position a total tear down is necessary. I blame Olshey for ruining this roster. Maybe Paul Allen. I don't blame Damian for not hitting the growth spurt as a teen Anthony Davis did. He is simply outmatched.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,347

Post#216 » by Revived » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:22 am

Roy The Natural wrote:
rugby1111 wrote:1st team Damian pillars has more turnovers than assists (0).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean... what happened to the Lillard that used to attack the rim, this guy just chucks bad shots....

He came back way too early from his ankle injury. He can’t attack the rim on a bum ankle.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#217 » by GreenRiddler » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 am

Lillard and McCollum look defeated. More frustrated then I seen them in a while.

I think they are gonna remember no one really stepping up on these traps. O remember Hou did the same exact thing in the regular season and we made them pay so bad with 3s. Dame and CJ didn't play bad they got taken out of the game.

I gotta agree with Dame I haven't really seen a team so committed to leave a big behind and leave 3 point shooters wide open and dare them to shoot time and time again. Possessions after possessions.

It kinda reminds me of zone defense w/o being zone defense.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#218 » by GreenRiddler » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:47 am

Revived wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
rugby1111 wrote:1st team Damian pillars has more turnovers than assists (0).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean... what happened to the Lillard that used to attack the rim, this guy just chucks bad shots....

He came back way too early from his ankle injury. He can’t attack the rim on a bum ankle.

No not really. They are just trapping the hell out of him. Honestly no one can drive with double and triple teams. Now that the series is over I can see that more clearly without being mad about it.

They gambled him and McCollum didn't have any backup and they were right.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#219 » by GreenRiddler » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:13 am

I don't know what is gonna happen but something is gonna happen. Fire stotts olshey or a big trade. Something is gonna happen though.
baas9
Senior
And1: 13

Post#220 » by baas9 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:40 am

Be honest, are any of you actually surprised by this? If you truly are surprised I think you haven’t been paying close enough attention. So many people put on their rose city colored glasses this time of year and forget how the NBA works. We are 1 superstar short of contending and we are constructed all wrong. Dame is not the answer and neither is CJ, but I repeat myself...

Unfortunately this is what many have been rooting for, why I cannot tell. Mediocrity sucks but apparently blind enthusiasm is contagious around here. My only real concern is that it may be a bit too late to blow it up and get high value return on players that clearly are not making people sit up and take notice when it matters. Dame may bring something of considerable value in a trade but unfortunately we are now in a buyers market for our players because what they are is clear for everyone to see. We’ll be lucky to get comparable value for our “stars”now.

This is a superstar league and if Davis’ domination of our team doesn’t prove that to you I don’t think it’s worth continuing this boring broke a$$ conversation. It’s really tired at this point.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers