CJ for ???

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Re: CJ for ??? 

Post#301 » by Wizenheimer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:48 pm

Blazers98 wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:As a Sixers fan I would probably do Fultz and RoCo for McCollum but not sure the front office would. Not sure id throw in the Miami 1st with those 2 tho, a sixers 1st sure...

Out of curiosity, how close would Covington for McCollum be? What about something like Covington, Landry Shamet and the Miami 1st? Any interest in guys like Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot, Richuan Holmes, or Furkan Korkmaz? How about Jared Bayless’ expiring contract and sixers take back a contract?

Throw some trades at me lol

I'd be down for Fultz, Covington and Philly's 1st rounder for CJ. If Fultz comes back from his injury, he has more upside than CJ, we get our much needed 3 and D wing guy Covington, and a first rounder.

I would not come close to doing a Covington for CJ deal. I can't imagine the front office would either.

CJ for Covington would save Portland 16M/year in salary, and in Portland's situation, that has value

but I'd agree it wasn't enough.

Before the draft, I liked this idea: CJ + 24 for Covington + Fultz + 10 with an agreement that when the off-season starts, Portland would take Bayless with their TPE. That would add about 4-5M to Portland's salaries next season, but there could be ways to mitigate that. For Philly, they'd get CJ and a late 1st round pick while increasing their cap-space by 5M. But I also think Philly values Covington a lot as their glue guy and lock-down perimeter defender and he's on a very attractive contract
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,168

Post#302 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
Blazers98 wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:As a Sixers fan I would probably do Fultz and RoCo for McCollum but not sure the front office would. Not sure id throw in the Miami 1st with those 2 tho, a sixers 1st sure...

Out of curiosity, how close would Covington for McCollum be? What about something like Covington, Landry Shamet and the Miami 1st? Any interest in guys like Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot, Richuan Holmes, or Furkan Korkmaz? How about Jared Bayless’ expiring contract and sixers take back a contract?

I'd be down for Fultz, Covington and Philly's 1st rounder for CJ. If Fultz comes back from his injury, he has more upside than CJ, we get our much needed 3 and D wing guy Covington, and a first rounder.

I would not come close to doing a Covington for CJ deal. I can't imagine the front office would either.

CJ for Covington would save Portland 16M/year in salary, and in Portland's situation, that has value

Before the draft, I liked this idea: CJ + 24 for Covington + Fultz + 10 with an agreement that when the off-season starts, Portland would take Bayless with their TPE. That would add about 4-5M to Portland's salaries next season, but there could be ways to mitigate that. For Philly, they'd get CJ and a late 1st round pick while increasing their cap-space by 5M. But I also think Philly values Covington a lot as their glue guy and lock-down perimeter defender and he's on a very attractive contract

How do the rest of you feel about Saric?

Personally I think a Saric/Covington package could potentially be pretty good at restructuring this team.
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#303 » by PhillyFan11 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
Blazers98 wrote:

Not claiming to have inside info, but I’m thinking Covington is more expendable than you would think. He was benched in the playoffs for TJ McConnell, 6’ PG. Covington is a very solid player, he’s just not what the sixers need at the moment. I compare his situation to Iguadola in Philly a while a go, very similar players too. Covington will do best on a team that doesn’t ask him to score, which the sixers need him to given Ben really being a pass 1st guard.

Covington, Shamet, Holmes, Bayless and a sixers 1st

For

CJ and Meyers Leonard?

That would be RoCo, Shamet and a 1st for CJ while also providing salary relief.
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#304 » by Waynearchetype » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:00 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
Blazers98 wrote:

Not claiming to have inside info, but I’m thinking Covington is more expendable than you would think. He was benched in the playoffs for TJ McConnell, 6’ PG. Covington is a very solid player, he’s just not what the sixers need at the moment. I compare his situation to Iguadola in Philly a while a go, very similar players too. Covington will do best on a team that doesn’t ask him to score, which the sixers need him to given Ben really being a pass 1st guard.

For

CJ and Meyers Leonard?

I don't think the value difference between CJ and Covington equals a late first. I'd definitely ask for more as Portland, because as is that deals makes us worse for a late first round pick, which isn't worthwhile.
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#305 » by PhillyFan11 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:19 pm

2 late 1st’s (Shamet was just taken 26th) + an expiring contract

CJ is very good player, but let’s be honest, he’s not a franchise altering player. He’s a good 2nd/3rd option on a playoff team with a huge contract...
LillardPortland
Sophomore
And1: 77

Re: RE: Re: CJ for ??? 

Post#306 » by LillardPortland » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:00 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:2 late 1st’s (Shamet was just taken 26th) + an expiring contract

CJ is very good player, but let’s be honest, he’s not a franchise altering player. He’s a good 2nd/3rd option on a playoff team with a huge contract...
I guess CJ would be able to score 25 PPG if he plays alongside with Simmons. And he improved his Defense over the past Season. I think a fair trade would be CJ + POR 2019 1st for Covington + Fultz + Shammet or Miami 2021 1st
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,533

Post#307 » by zzaj » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:03 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
Blazers98 wrote:

For

CJ and Meyers Leonard?

Without looking too deeply into cap implications, I'd think hard about this trade. It'd be nice to get out of Meyers and have a cheap replacement for Davis for a year.

Lillard/Bayless/Shamet
Turner/Shamet/Simons
Covington/Harkless
Aminu/Collins/Holmes
Nurkic/Collins/Holmes

It leaves Portland very weak at SG, because Turner sucks. But if either of Shamet or Simons develops even a little bit, then Portland is a better team than this past year, IMO...More defense and more 3pt shooting.
LillardPortland
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#308 » by LillardPortland » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:04 pm

zzaj wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:

For

CJ and Meyers Leonard?

Without looking too deeply into cap implications, I'd think hard about this trade. It'd be nice to get out of Meyers and have a cheap replacement for Davis for a year.

Lillard/Bayless/Shamet
Turner/Shamet/Simons
Covington/Harkless
Aminu/Collins/Holmes
Nurkic/Davis/Collins

It leaves Portland very weak at SG, because Turner sucks. But if either of Shamet or Simons develops even a little bit, then Portland is a better team than this past year, IMO...More defense and more 3pt shooting.
Our shot creation would be terrible
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,533

Post#309 » by zzaj » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:11 pm

LillardPortland wrote:
zzaj wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:

For

CJ and Meyers Leonard?

Lillard/Bayless/Shamet
Turner/Shamet/Simons
Covington/Harkless
Aminu/Collins/Holmes
Nurkic/Davis/Collins

Our shot creation would be terrible

It's already terrible. The Blazers have two players on the roster who can create their own shot. This trade would leave them with 1, depending on how Simons does in the NBA.

Personally, I'd be happy to eschew the ISO ball that Lillard and especially CJ have been caught up in the past couple of years for a more structured movement based offense.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,841

Post#310 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:20 pm

I'd consider that trade too. But I'd like to try to reroute that late Philly first to unload Turner.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#311 » by Goldbum » Sat Jul 7, 2018 5:19 pm

I have been thinking hard about the Lakers since the LaBron signing. What about something like...

CJ and Layman
Deng, Ingram, and Hart?
CJ with Ball/Bron seems to be a near perfect match.
You have a under sized SG who can score from all over, playing next to an oversized PG/SF combo who are exceptional at creating shots for other players
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,890

Post#312 » by JasonStern » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:18 pm

Goldbum wrote:I have been thinking hard about the Lakers since the LaBron signing. What about something like...

CJ and Layman
Deng, Ingram, and Hart?
CJ with Ball/Bron seems to be a near perfect match.
You have a under sized SG who can score from all over, playing next to an oversized PG/SF combo who are exceptional at creating shots for other players

I can't see the Lakers giving up Ingram for McCollum, even if it gets them out of Deng's contract.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#313 » by Case2012 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:11 pm

I'm getting really tired of our "fanbase" suggesting we trade our best players to the *********** LAKERS. :banghead: :nonono: :crazy: :noway:
Instagram: @casetwelve
Blaze the Nugz
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#314 » by Blaze the Nugz » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:15 pm

Case2012 wrote:I'm getting really tired of our "fanbase" suggesting we trade our best players to the *********** LAKERS. :banghead: :nonono: :crazy: :noway:

I'm getting tired of our "fanbase" suggesting that Portland should never deal with LA even if doing so would improve the roster. :crazy: :noway:

Sometimes your enemy's enemy is your friend.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#315 » by Case2012 » Mon Jul 9, 2018 4:23 pm

Blaze the Nugz wrote:
Case2012 wrote:I'm getting really tired of our "fanbase" suggesting we trade our best players to the *********** LAKERS. :banghead: :nonono: :crazy: :noway:

I'm getting tired of our "fanbase" suggesting that Portland should never deal with LA even if doing so would improve the roster. :crazy: :noway:

Sometimes your enemy's enemy is your friend.

LOL wow, where do you get your weed bruh? I'm in the industry and I'd love to find some product that could get you high enough to think our team would be better by trading Dame for Kuzma and Ingram. The only way the Blazers get better by dealing Dame to LA is if LeBron comes back.

Even if I could get around the notion of dealing the best Blazer player since Clyde to our biggest rival, there isn't a trade that makes us better. Now, if you wanna trade Dame and CJ for picks and prospects and tank for a few years for high picks that's another story, and I could maybe get down with that, but personally I'd rather just move on from basketball. The ineptitude of our GM and owner allowing us to become a treadmill team during our best players prime is incredibly frustrating and frankly I'm just about over it anyways. The time to tank (which I was very adamant about) was after our first round victory over Houston. We could have traded LMA for a really high draft pick and tanked to gain another, either to consolidate for a star player, or develop draft picks. That window has closed.
Instagram: @casetwelve
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,905

Post#316 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jul 9, 2018 5:13 pm

There is a huge difference between Damian for Kuzma and Ingram and CJ for Ingram and Hart.

I would love a deal of CJ for Ingram, Hart and Deng. And that seems relatively fair. I see Hart as a Phoenix era Raja Bell level 3/D player. And Ingram has loads of potential. 16ppg on 47%Fg and nearly 4apg as basically a guy that only recently can drink? Getting him would be more than worth Deng's contract.

I would even think about CJ for Hart, Kuzma, Deng and a R1. Albeit I don't think Kuzma is anywhere nearly as talented or potential ridden as Ingram.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#317 » by Wizenheimer » Mon Jul 9, 2018 5:27 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:There is a huge difference between Damian for Kuzma and Ingram and CJ for Ingram and Hart.

I would love a deal of CJ for Ingram, Hart and Deng. And that seems relatively fair. I see Hart as a Phoenix era Raja Bell level 3/D player. And Ingram has loads of potential. 16ppg on 47%Fg and nearly 4apg as basically a guy that only recently can drink? Getting him would be more than worth Deng's contract.

I would even think about CJ for Hart, Kuzma, Deng and a R1. Albeit I don't think Kuzma is anywhere nearly as talented or potential ridden as Ingram.

yep...CJ for Ingram + Hart + Deng would be a decent deal for Portland...or at least acceptable. But it would be gross having Turner, Deng, and Meyers for 2 more years
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,905

Post#318 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jul 9, 2018 5:44 pm

But it would be gross having Turner, Deng, and Meyers for 2 more years

IMO LAL never does CJ for Ingram and Hart. But add in Deng and its possible, and that Deng deal isn't as bad to PDX because we are already stuck with two piles of poop for two more season. Whats a third when the first two are already crippling your team beyond reproach.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,168

Post#319 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Jul 9, 2018 5:48 pm

If we rebuild, CJ for Ingram/Deng is about as good as I think we could hope for, but Ingram is likely the type of player LA doesn't move except for someone more like Lillard.
Dangeruss
Senior
And1: 96

Post#320 » by Dangeruss » Mon Jul 9, 2018 8:37 pm

I still think we should be gunning for Aaron Gordon with CJ. Gordon would be amazing here

Return to Portland Trail Blazers