ImageImage

Game 9: Portland vs Lakers 7:00pm SNW

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Re: Game 9: Portland vs Lakers 7:00pm SNW 

Post#61 » by monopoman » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:23 am

Jesus another missed 3 if we just hit 1 or 2 more this would be a whole different ball game. Even with the insane amount of missed 3's we have had this game.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#62 » by Roy The Natural » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:23 am

Goaltend
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,836

Post#63 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:24 am

Oh. Scott Foster is reffing a game with a critical blown goal tending call. Color me shocked.
monopoman
RealGM

Post#64 » by monopoman » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:25 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:Oh. Scott Foster is reffing a game with a critical blown goal tending call. Color me shocked.

It's amazing that McGee has been given such the benefit of the doubt on blocks I think a few of them have gone to the glass first before he touched it.
Matt800
Rookie
And1: 317

Post#65 » by Matt800 » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:26 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:Oh. Scott Foster is reffing a game with a critical blown goal tending call. Color me shocked.

Are you talking about the Lillard dunk? I don't know the specific rules for goaltending but it seemed like it hit the rim and then McGee hit it away. Seems like that is some sort of rule violation.
The Sebastian Express

Post#66 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:26 am

monopoman wrote:

It's amazing that McGee has been given such the benefit of the doubt on blocks I think a few of them have gone to the glass first before he touched it.

I haven't noticed the others, that was really the only one I've had a problem with all game.
The Sebastian Express

Post#67 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:28 am

Matt800 wrote:

Are you talking about the Lillard dunk? I don't know the specific rules for goaltending but it seemed like it hit the rim and then McGee hit it away. Seems like that is some sort of rule violation.

Yes I'm talking about that non-call. Scott Foster is our old friend whose blown call against Aldridge versus OKC several years ago led to a complete rule change, that's how atrocious it was.
monopoman
RealGM

Post#68 » by monopoman » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:30 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:
Matt800 wrote:

Yes I'm talking about that non-call. Scott Foster is our old friend whose blown call against Aldridge versus OKC several years ago led to a complete rule change, that's how atrocious it was.

Yep, we get screwed pretty regularly from calls like the fact that they completely missed Curry getting grabbed by that dumb ass Wizards player who was on the bench. Guy should have gotten more than a fine should be suspended for a game or two for something that **** bush league.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#69 » by d-train » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:31 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:I guess goal tending will no longer be a call they make in the NBA.

I want to see that again. It might be a good block if Lillard still has his hand on the ball.
monopoman
RealGM

Post#70 » by monopoman » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:32 am

If one more 3 went in this game Lakers would be up 1 right now. So for Lakers to even be in this game they need us to shoot a completely horrible rate from 3 point land. There team looks pretty pathetic.... Those that think the Lakers are contenders are going to get reality checked when they might not even make the playoffs.
The Sebastian Express

Post#71 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:34 am

The issue with putting Meyers on the floor to stretch it is that doesn't work because everyone knows he's only going to shoot it if no one's in ten feet of him because his release is so, so, so slow. Like a wind up clock slow.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#72 » by Roy The Natural » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:36 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:The issue with putting Meyers on the floor to stretch it is that doesn't work because everyone knows he's only going to shoot it if no one's in ten feet of him because his release is so, so, so slow. Like a wind up clock slow.

That and he's god awful at everything else other than screening.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#73 » by Moonbeam » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:39 am

Frustrating loss. The fight back in the 4th was nice, but they just couldn't get it within 1 possession. That Scott Foster goaltending blunder is like a meme at this point. Seems to happen to Portland quite often.
The Sebastian Express

Post#74 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:40 am

For the record I don't actually have any issue with the reffing in this game. I thought there were some really iffy no calls in the third when the Blazers were physically being assaulted; but, I felt those were repaid in the fourth including a crucial time where Ingram clearly nearly lost a hand to a hard foul that was played off like a steal. I just have issue with Foster's questionable goal tending (non) call, in particular because he's got a history of making terrible calls like that in many other games and he's got a shady past. TBH I don't know how he's still got a job with all that was implicated against him.
The Sebastian Express

Post#75 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:42 am

And the loss doesn't bother me outside the streak ending. I think the only time the Lakers played really well was the third, and we just honestly missed a lot of open shots, ones that were in rhythm that we don't normally miss.

So I just shrug it off and I think if the Lakers would've lost with that lead Luke Walton probably would've been fired after the game. So you're welcome, Bill!
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#76 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:50 am

I was hoping for 17 in a row over the Lakers, but 17% from the arc can spell doom. Blazers have lived by the three so far...they died a little tonight.

Meyers is just hopeless. I can't believe he's making over 10M a year. On the other hand, in 3 minutes he had he same number of rebounds that Zach did 18 minutes. Play like a big man Zach...

Laker bench outscored the Blazer bench 51-25

anybody else notice that Mike Barrett appeared in a commercial during the game?
BossGangVIP
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#77 » by BossGangVIP » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:55 am

monopoman wrote:If one more 3 went in this game Lakers would be up 1 right now. So for Lakers to even be in this game they need us to shoot a completely horrible rate from 3 point land. There team looks pretty pathetic.... Those that think the Lakers are contenders are going to get reality checked when they might not even make the playoffs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#78 » by Epicurus » Sun Nov 4, 2018 5:03 am

Nik and Seth shot 1-8 from 3 land. They have combined for over 50% previously from 3line. They were due for a poor shooting night. Too bad it was that same game. BTW, lot of rim outs from the Blazers tonight. I think they would have put the Lakers away by half time if those rimmers would have fallen.
monopoman
RealGM

Post#79 » by monopoman » Sun Nov 4, 2018 5:04 am

BossGangVIP wrote:
monopoman wrote:If one more 3 went in this game Lakers would be up 1 right now. So for Lakers to even be in this game they need us to shoot a completely horrible rate from 3 point land. There team looks pretty pathetic.... Those that think the Lakers are contenders are going to get reality checked when they might not even make the playoffs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
If you came here just to gloat go back to your own board dude. God most Laker fans are **** so obnoxious they win 1 game out of 17 against the Blazers and they act like they just won the championship. Most self inflated fans in the **** NBA by far, you would think they were the ones on the court every game.

I also will be betting against the Lakers in any series they get into if they actually make the playoffs which may not be happening.

Edited by Moonbeam:

Please just report posts like this to the mods in the future and try not to reply to posts you feel are antagonistic. I know in the heat of the moment that it can be easy to respond in kind, but we will deal with such post accordingly and keep this a friendly place for discussion.
monopoman
RealGM

Post#80 » by monopoman » Sun Nov 4, 2018 5:06 am

Wizenheimer wrote:I was hoping for 17 in a row over the Lakers, but 17% from the arc can spell doom. Blazers have lived by the three so far...they died a little tonight.

Meyers is just hopeless. I can't believe he's making over 10M a year. On the other hand, in 3 minutes he had he same number of rebounds that Zach did 18 minutes. Play like a big man Zach...

Laker bench outscored the Blazer bench 51-25

anybody else notice that Mike Barrett appeared in a commercial during the game?

Every team basically lives by the 3 these days, if Golden State shot our rate from 3 point land against any opponent that we had tonight they would be hard pressed to win it. Hitting 3's also opens up the inside game because then they have to start really chasing down our shooters from the 3 point line.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers