ImageImage

Game 10: Portland vs Minnesota 6:00pm SNW

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,326

Re: Game 10: Portland vs Minnesota 6:00pm SNW 

Post#41 » by Wizenheimer » Mon Nov 5, 2018 5:09 pm

monopoman wrote:I was saying they were worth less not worthless. The space between the word there is key Wiz.

oh....sorry. I guess I had some game-thread dyslexia

but I have to say, beating Houston without Harden or NO without AD does seem to be worth less then if they had played. Blazers still won those games, which sometimes is a challenge in the NBA, so they get some credit and the win counts the same, regardless

by the way (since you mentioned Houston being rested), I forget which stat-geek website it was...may have been Wages of Wins or 82games...anyway, they did a data study (a couple of years ago) of how NBA teams did after longer rests in-season (3 days or more). IIRC, the result was in the game after the rest, teams had a lower winning % then their norm, but the two games after that 1st game, had a higher winning percentage then the norm. They concluded it was so because teams coming off that rest tended to shoot poorly and have more turnovers....a simple factor of timing was off. In that game against PDX, Houston shot 32.3% on FG's and 23.3% on three's

in the game after the Blazers, they won on the road, when they shot 50% on FG's and 39% on three's, still without Harden. Could all be coincidence, but I sure seem to have recall of Portland coming out flat in many games after rests. Could be the athlete's body clock gets tuned into those games every other night
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,164

Post#42 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Nov 5, 2018 8:00 pm

I think Jake Laymans role is kind of fascinating... He's in with the starters to begin the game and in with the scrubs to finish it out. Is he a starter or a scrub? I've noticed Stotts use his 3rd stringers this way before, keeping the bench unit in-tact.

Stotts seems to do a decent job putting contract-year players in positions to succeed. I guess Aminu has been a little quiet on the scoring front but if you watch the game for more than just who scores then he is playing his usual standard of good solid basketball. Jake is really getting an opportunity to shine though, even if his future is not with the Blazers.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#43 » by d-train » Mon Nov 5, 2018 8:18 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:I think Jake Laymans role is kind of fascinating... He's in with the starters to begin the game and in with the scrubs to finish it out. Is he a starter or a scrub? I've noticed Stotts use his 3rd stringers this way before, keeping the bench unit in-tact.

Stotts seems to do a decent job putting contract-year players in positions to succeed. I guess Aminu has been a little quiet on the scoring front but if you watch the game for more than just who scores then he is playing his usual standard of good solid basketball. Jake is really getting an opportunity to shine though, even if his future is not with the Blazers.

He is getting a last look. Blazers have to make a decision on his future with the team and are giving him every opportunity to prove himself. Trent, Simon, and Biggie have time and perhaps some dues to pay. Veterans before rookies unless a rookie is knocking it out of the park.
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#45 » by Sinobas » Tue Nov 6, 2018 3:10 am

Why don't the Wolves suspend him?
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#46 » by d-train » Tue Nov 6, 2018 3:35 am

Sinobas wrote:Why don't the Wolves suspend him?

They can tell him to get lost and ban him from getting near the team. But, they have to pay him. He is in technical compliance of his contract.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers