ImageImage

Game 11: Portland vs Milwaukee 7:00pm SNW

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,529

Re: Game 11: Portland vs Milwaukee 7:00pm SNW 

Post#81 » by zzaj » Wed Nov 7, 2018 6:42 am

Oden2 wrote:I never thought I'd see the day ET would lead the Blazers in +/-. +21 is impressive!

The main change I see is that he's choosing his spots better. Watching him chuck from 3pt land after 2 or 3 passes made me drink heavily. I much prefer this version of Turner...the one who doesn't bog down the offense quite as much and is shooting high efficiency shots.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#82 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Nov 7, 2018 7:36 am

zzaj wrote:
Oden2 wrote:I never thought I'd see the day ET would lead the Blazers in +/-. +21 is impressive!

The main change I see is that he's choosing his spots better. Watching him chuck from 3pt land after 2 or 3 passes made me drink heavily. I much prefer this version of Turner...the one who doesn't bog down the offense quite as much and is shooting high efficiency shots.

he's shooting the same two's he's always shot. It's just that his career mark was a little over 46% and this season, he's at 56%. Whether it's a hot streak or a comfort zone will be clearer a month or so from now

he's also pretty strong so the new we-love-offense-only NBA rules might be helping him out. For some reason, teams are giving the Blazers lots and lots of open mid-range shots. That's in Turner's wheelhouse. I mean, it was like the Bucks were allergic to mid-range defense tonight; CJ was shooting 15' shots with 5 feet of space
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#83 » by Sinobas » Wed Nov 7, 2018 1:32 pm

The Blazers only outshot the Bucks from 3 ever so slightly last night, but were much better from inside the arch. The Blazers were a sizzling 65% from 2pt range. I think it was their best game overall of the season.
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#84 » by Sinobas » Wed Nov 7, 2018 1:34 pm

Shem wrote:If I were the Bucks, I would just ISO Antetokounmpo while Turner is out there guarding him.

It seems that the refs put him on the line any time he misses. He just wildly charges in to the defender, while traveling several times, and they still call a defensive foul even when the defender beats him to the spot and was vertical. I didn't understand why he doesn't just do that every time down the court.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,610

Post#85 » by Matches Malone » Wed Nov 7, 2018 3:01 pm

Sinobas wrote:
Shem wrote:If I were the Bucks, I would just ISO Antetokounmpo while Turner is out there guarding him.

It seems that the refs put him on the line any time he misses. He just wildly charges in to the defender, while traveling several times, and they still call a defensive foul even when the defender beats him to the spot and was vertical. I didn't understand why he doesn't just do that every time down the court.

He only had 2 free throw attempts...

The way refs have been officiating Giannis this year has been putrid, honestly.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
bigdavid
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#86 » by bigdavid » Wed Nov 7, 2018 3:10 pm

I have as you all know bee a Turner fan since college. It's nice to see him playing well after all the hate he's been shown on this board.Turner is a solid all purpose player that every team would love to have, He is not particulry fast has no 3 point shot no great slam duke hi lite film but is a solid team all around good player.

Go Blazers Go Turner
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#87 » by Soulyss » Wed Nov 7, 2018 3:46 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Sinobas wrote:

He only had 2 free throw attempts...

The way refs have been officiating Giannis this year has been putrid, honestly.

The refs were pretty bad across the board last night... quite a few blown calls.. I also though Giannis should have gone to the line a couple of times. They do let people play pretty physical with him.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#88 » by d-train » Wed Nov 7, 2018 4:52 pm

bigdavid wrote:I have as you all know bee a Turner fan since college. It's nice to see him playing well after all the hate he's been shown on this board.Turner is a solid all purpose player that every team would love to have, He is not particulry fast has no 3 point shot no great slam duke hi lite film but is a solid team all around good player.

Go Blazers Go Turner

Turner plays the role he is asked to play. Some players have a role that is conducive to padding stats and some do the little things that help their team win.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#89 » by Shem » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:10 pm

d-train wrote:
Shem wrote:
d-train wrote:I guess you don't remember Caldwell Jones. At times, he would bring the ball up court and play point center.

So what does former Blazer Caldwell Jones who wore #27 (same as Nurk) bringing the ball up the court have do with getting offensive rebounds and bringing the ball down to their waist with hopes it won't be stripped away and then bringing it back up to shoot? Because the last time I checked, they're not the same thing.

I misread and responded to the wrong post. You said, "never bring the ball down" and I read that as dribbling the ball down court.

That's all right. It happens. I've also misinterpreted many posts by other people here over the years.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,443

Post#90 » by Myth » Wed Nov 7, 2018 7:09 pm

Does anybody else get flashbacks of Travis Outlaw when watching Turner play? They both have that little turn around jumper, can make big plays, but also make some ridiculously dumb plays, and look like they are killing the offense at times with the turn around jumper being so predictable that the off ball movement stops? Turner is better this year, and I've been trying to make sure that is known in the trade forum, but he is still at times frustrating.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,896

Post#91 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Nov 7, 2018 8:53 pm

The turnaround jumper looks sorta similar between Outlaw and Turner, but Outlaw was always totally clueless on defense unless he could get by w/ legthy/atheticism. But fundamenally he never had a clue how to defend, ET is much better. And passing wise, Outlaw was much more of a black hole than ET. Travis was better in the open court, and I would trust him to score on iso more than ET, but the two things that ET clearly does better than Outlaw, pass and defend, are two things this team needs.

I hope he keeps it up.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#92 » by monopoman » Wed Nov 7, 2018 9:09 pm

Excellent game overall from the Blazers, they look very engaged and eager to win from the first minutes. CJ obviously was a huge part of the offense in the second half and he had the types of unstoppable offensive games we get from him every once in a while. Very big win against a damn good Bucks team that has beaten the Blazers 4 times in a row before this game.

Another thing I noticed is Blazers have the 3rd highest point differential this season, so while our record is 5th highest when looking at both conferences together only 2 teams have a better point differential Bucks and Warriors. Pretty impressive when we haven't faced many teams that will likely end the season below .500.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,529

Post#93 » by zzaj » Wed Nov 7, 2018 10:36 pm

As a sidenote, did anybody see Harkless' reaction on the bench after CJ's crossover on Donte? With everybody else jumping up and cheering, Harkless simply sits there perfectly still, rigidly upright and staring off into space in front of him. So checked out that it's eerie to me, actually. I'm starting to think the guy has a couple screws loose...

There was a video of the bench reaction that I saw last night, which I can't find now that shows it best. But even the clips that are up you can see how strange he's acting...
LillardPortland
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#94 » by LillardPortland » Wed Nov 7, 2018 10:58 pm

zzaj wrote:As a sidenote, did anybody see Harkless' reaction on the bench after CJ's crossover on Donte? With everybody else jumping up and cheering, Harkless simply sits there perfectly still, rigidly upright and staring off into space in front of him. So checked out that it's eerie to me, actually. I'm starting to think the guy has a couple screws loose...

There was a video of the bench reaction that I saw last night, which I can't find now that shows it best. But even the clips that are up you can see how strange he's acting...
I Allways thought he doesn't like to be in Portland. For me it looks like he want's to play for another Team
monopoman
RealGM

Post#95 » by monopoman » Wed Nov 7, 2018 11:03 pm

Well better Harkless just be a bit distant than actually crying to the media, or becoming a locker room cancer. If he really doesn't like being here he is just playing out his contract silently and trying to do what is asked of him so props to Harkless for that.
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#96 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Wed Nov 7, 2018 11:20 pm

i think harkless non-reaction to cj crossover was actually a reaction, just the way he did it

Read on Twitter
Matt800
Rookie
And1: 317

Post#97 » by Matt800 » Wed Nov 7, 2018 11:41 pm

I think if Harkless isn't happy or high-energy, it is probably more related to not being healthy.
monopoman
RealGM

Post#98 » by monopoman » Wed Nov 7, 2018 11:57 pm

It can be annoying to be stuck on the bench due to injury, some players hate that.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#99 » by Shem » Thu Nov 8, 2018 1:26 am

zzaj wrote:As a sidenote, did anybody see Harkless' reaction on the bench after CJ's crossover on Donte? With everybody else jumping up and cheering, Harkless simply sits there perfectly still, rigidly upright and staring off into space in front of him. So checked out that it's eerie to me, actually. I'm starting to think the guy has a couple screws loose...

Harkless does have a bad knee. I don't know about you, but if my knee was sore, I wouldn't want to be jumping out of my seat.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
monopoman
RealGM

Post#100 » by monopoman » Thu Nov 8, 2018 1:42 am

Yeah it looked more like Harkless was going for the most non-reaction ever, probably as a joke. I mean his expression looks almost like he is a character in Get Out or something.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers