Post#41 » by monopoman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:23 am

Oubre thinks he is some hot ****.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,832

Re: Game Thread: Blazers at Almost Bullets 3PM NBCSNW 

Post#42 » by The Sebastian Express » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:24 am

I want us to go through the CJ sequence.

CJ dribbles into traffic. Gets caught. Throws ball back out to Turner at the three point line with basically about four seconds or left.

Which naturally leads to a turnover.

Lets his man sprint out ahead of him (despite being at the three point line himself), get the ball from a pass, fouls him.. but not hard enough to prevent the bucket.

Falls to the floor on the inbound with the ball, only saved by a timeout from the bench.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#43 » by monopoman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:26 am

Refs really allowing the Wizards to play any sort of defense they want, only calling hard fouls.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#44 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 am

Victory GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
monopoman
RealGM

Post#45 » by monopoman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:39 am

Well overall very impressive game, the Wizards bench in the 4th tried to comeback but i think the starters weren't fully engaged at that point.

If we can get 2 out of the next 3 I will be reasonably happy with this road trip because the next 3 games has the Blazers facing..

@Knicks
@Bucks (Back2Back)
@Warriors

So yeah this last 3 game stretch will be brutal.
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#46 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:48 am

i didnt see anything impressive about this game, im not even sure if washington are tanking or just trash

im just glad we won the game (even those trash/tanking teams win some games, this same washington team won in portland) and new york knicks are the same as washington, we should win that game

i hate games like this, theres no excitement, nothing...
monopoman
RealGM

Post#47 » by monopoman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:14 am

@Knicks is your typical trap game, Blazers coming off a rather easy win might overlook that game focusing more on @Bucks and @Warriors.

Obviously we should beat them, that doesn't mean it will be an easy game.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#48 » by Soulyss » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:41 am

monopoman wrote:@Knicks is your typical trap game, Blazers coming off a rather easy win might overlook that game focusing more on @Bucks and @Warriors.

I am glad the Blazers didnt coast to a win... I think it will keep them focused on the knicks.

Btw... guess who is in 1st place in the West? Yep... your Blazers :)
monopoman
RealGM

Post#49 » by monopoman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:54 am

Soulyss wrote:
monopoman wrote:@Knicks is your typical trap game, Blazers coming off a rather easy win might overlook that game focusing more on @Bucks and @Warriors.

I am glad the Blazers didnt coast to a win... I think it will keep them focused on the knicks.

Btw... guess who is in 1st place in the West? Yep... your Blazers :)

Yeah, that is crazy, it's insane that 1st and 6th in the west is separated by 1 game. This west playoff race looks like even the Warriors might have to battle it out at the end of the season to nab the 1 spot.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#50 » by mojomarc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Soulyss wrote:I am glad the Blazers didnt coast to a win... I think it will keep them focused on the knicks.

You weren't as happy as the guy sitting a few seats down from us, who started yelling every chance he got "Dame--you're giving them 40 tonight!" Dame clearly heard him once or twice, and gave him a high five on the way out. :D

And definitely not as happy as the Meyers Leonard fan when Leonard shouted back to him he'd come autograph the jersey at halftime.

And absolutely not as happy as Olivia seeing the dessert bar :rolf2:

It was a fun game for sure. Dwight Howard is absolutely monstrously huge when you see him in person. Nurkic looks like he is always ready to have fun. Mo Harkless had a great time at the end of the bench teasing the Washington fan who kept yelling to bench all of their starters. The game was very physical from where we were sitting--you could hear the slapping and there was one play where the Portland player (Layman?) horse collared a Wizard going up for a layup and it was a no-call.

Everyone seems to be talking about the nine pass play in the first as the "play of the night," but the one that impressed me the most was one play in the first half when Wall had a really nice drive, put his shoulder right into Dame's chest (probably should have been foul--it was a strong shoulder), and scored. Dame went back the other day, and you could see his body almost light up with energy. He drove down the lane, leaving Wall in the dust, and went for an emphatic dunk. The dunk didn't go in, but just watching Dame up close decide "I'm the best player in this game and I'm going to remind everyone of that right now" was just electric. Close second for me was the almost 5-point play when Lillard had that great drive and then stole the ensuing inbound and scored but missed the +1. And of course watching Leonard and Collins go through their made three point ritual was pretty amusing.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers