ImageImage

anyone willing to trade for bradley beal

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

anyone willing to trade for bradley beal 

Post#1 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:28 pm

washington is ready to blow up the team, so what would it cost to get bradley beal

could he improve us or would it be lateral move... lets say were willing to trade cj, do we trade him for another sg or for some forward... this could be a chance to shake things a bit
NBA_Hangtime
Ballboy
And1: 6

Re: anyone willing to trade for bradley beal 

Post#2 » by NBA_Hangtime » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Beal for McCollum would be a lateral move in my opinion.

Doesn't make sense.
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#3 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:14 pm

how about kelly oubre jr for forward position, but i dont know if washington would trade him, he could be part of their rebuild if they go that way... i certainly wouldnt want john wall (we have dame) or otto porter who simply isnt worth that contract

but man, neil olshey doesnt have guts to make a big trade... hes all about drafting and developing players and finding some underrated players like nurkic, although he lucked into that deal, it was more to get rid of plumlee than he saw something in nurkic
BigLurch92
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#4 » by BigLurch92 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:12 pm

I would not want any potentially toxic attitude from that toxic team. What the hell went wrong there?
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#5 » by JasonStern » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:46 pm

I doubt that Portland makes any major moves until the ownership situation sorts itself out.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#6 » by Masterfully » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:11 pm

My love of Collins is world famous, but I’d be interested in a Collins/Turner for Porter Jr trade.

But as was already said, I don’t see management taking on a contract that big until the ownership dust settles.
jebdrbhjb
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#7 » by jebdrbhjb » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:22 am

Excuse me please, one more drink
Could you make it strong?
'Cause I don't need to think

......Dave Matthews
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#8 » by Waynearchetype » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 am

Porters contract is gross and he cannot create his own offense... like at all. He is not a max player. 100% of his 3s this year are assisted lol.
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#9 » by Waynearchetype » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:47 am

Like, I'd be interested if they're giving him away. Doubtful I'd give a firrst for it though.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,531

Post#10 » by zzaj » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:55 am

Before going too far down a CJ for Beal rabbit hole, we have to ask ourselves:

Is 60 games of Beal worth more than 80 games of CJ?
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#11 » by Wizenheimer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:30 am

zzaj wrote:Before going too far down a CJ for Beal rabbit hole, we have to ask ourselves:

Beal has missed 5 games over the last 3 seasons. CJ has missed 5 over the last 4. In the 6 seasons before this one, Beal averaged 68 games a year; in 5 seasons, CJ also averaged 68 games. CJ probably has a durability advantage but he had plenty of injury issues over his first two seasons in the NBA and his final season in college

Beal is a better player. He's a more efficient shooter, a better passer, doesn't dominate the ball, and plays better defense. In a straight trade, Portland would have an advantage. On the other hand, Beal has about the same level of salary so there would be no advantage there, and that's an area that's worth considering because neither player is really worth their contract
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#12 » by PDXKnight » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Waynearchetype wrote:Porters contract is gross and he cannot create his own offense... like at all. He is not a max player. 100% of his 3s this year are assisted lol.

He’s a solid defender though.. I’d actually look at that idea if we could get an et and Meyers kind of swap. Yes it’s an extra contract year with otto but we wont have significant cap space anyhow next summe and i think the fit impeccable
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,897

Post#13 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:12 pm

I would love to buy-low on Otto but until ownership is figured out, there is no way that happens. Something like Harkless+Leonard+FRP for Porter.

No way do I give up Zach for Otto. I only trade Zach as part of a deal for a huge upgrade that can create his own shot. Otto is a supercharged Mo Harkless, not a guy you trade Collins for.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,531

Post#14 » by zzaj » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
zzaj wrote:Before going too far down a CJ for Beal rabbit hole, we have to ask ourselves:

Beal has missed 5 games over the last 3 seasons. CJ has missed 5 over the last 4. In the 6 seasons before this one, Beal averaged 68 games a year; in 5 seasons, CJ also averaged 68 games. CJ probably has a durability advantage but he had plenty of injury issues over his first two seasons in the NBA and his final season in college

Beal is a better player. He's a more efficient shooter, a better passer, doesn't dominate the ball, and plays better defense. In a straight trade, Portland would have an advantage. On the other hand, Beal has about the same level of salary so there would be no advantage there, and that's an area that's worth considering because neither player is really worth their contract

Your totally correct...I just glanced at the games played and saw his 17 from this year and thought they were from last year. Maybe confirmed my own bias that Beal is constantly injured...

In a straight swap, I'd take Beal.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#15 » by Soulyss » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:28 am

zzaj wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:

Your totally correct...I just glanced at the games played and saw his 17 from this year and thought they were from last year. Maybe confirmed my own bias that Beal is constantly injured...

In a straight swap, I'd take Beal.

If you look at the last three seasons, both from a per-36 and advanced stat standpoint... Beal and CJ are basically... the same player... CJ is actually the superior shooter, Beal is a slightly better passer... they are about equal defensively believe it or not.

However only one of these is best friends with the franchise...

You should rethink this.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#16 » by Soulyss » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:31 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:I would love to buy-low on Otto but until ownership is figured out, there is no way that happens. Something like Harkless+Leonard+FRP for Porter.

No way do I give up Zach for Otto. I only trade Zach as part of a deal for a huge upgrade that can create his own shot. Otto is a supercharged Mo Harkless, not a guy you trade Collins for.

I agree,,, I suspect that if you were willing to bite the bullet on Porter's contract, he would actually be a REAL nice fit alongside Dame/CJ/Nurk in the starting lineup, and he would also be able to play minutes alongside Turner. It's a lot of Money to choke down from a Tax perspective... but I think it would make the Blazers significantly better.

Mo, Leonard, Trent Jr, and a Protected 1st... I think that would be a pretty fair deal.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#17 » by Shem » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 am

NBA_Hangtime wrote:Beal for McCollum would be a lateral move in my opinion.

Doesn't make sense.

And after reading Lowe's article, you lose something valuable in the locker room. Which in its own way would make the Blazers worse.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas

Return to Portland Trail Blazers