And1: 2,526

Re: Game 40: Portland vs Houston 7:00pm SNW 

Post#21 » by zzaj » Sun Jan 6, 2019 5:31 am

Duffman100 wrote:
Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Meyers Leonard is bad.

you watch him occasionally, imagine how is to watch him regularly lol

Why was Collins not playing?

He did have some time at PF tonight. My guess would be that Stotts didn't like his matchup...
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,813

Post#22 » by Duffman100 » Sun Jan 6, 2019 5:32 am

zzaj wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Dzon Dilindzer wrote:you watch him occasionally, imagine how is to watch him regularly lol

He did have some time at PF tonight. My guess would be that Stotts didn't like his matchup...

I suppose Capela with the size.

but i'd take the better player.

Either way, good win! Couldn't believe that Tucker moving screen / foul.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#23 » by DusterBuster » Sun Jan 6, 2019 5:35 am

38pts on 35 shots, I guess Harden really is this eras Kobe.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#24 » by Shem » Sun Jan 6, 2019 5:40 am

Duffman100 wrote:
Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Meyers Leonard is bad.

you watch him occasionally, imagine how is to watch him regularly lol

Because Terry Stotts and Neil Olshey are in love with Meyers. I've never seen a player do more f'-ups than him and still get chances EVER in my 35 years of watching NBA basketball.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Shem
RealGM

Post#25 » by Shem » Sun Jan 6, 2019 5:42 am

zzaj wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Dzon Dilindzer wrote:you watch him occasionally, imagine how is to watch him regularly lol

There was a time where Stotts went small and had to choose between Meyers and Collins. He chose Meyers. And Meyers are f'ing up all over the place. It was a bit of a head scratching decision on Stotts when the decision was made and continues to be a head scratcher when seeing the results of the decision.
April 4, 2014:

Shem
RealGM

Post#26 » by Shem » Sun Jan 6, 2019 5:43 am

I would also like to note and I pointed this out in yesterday's game day thread. When was playing his best basketball when playing without Meyers in the game with him. Once Stotts started using Meyers to play along side of Collins, Collins hasn't been the same. You would think Stotts, the coaching staff and the rest of the Blazer management would notice that. Yep, you would think...
April 4, 2014:

Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#27 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Jan 6, 2019 5:53 am

Victory GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
LillardTime
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#28 » by LillardTime » Sun Jan 6, 2019 6:04 am

Shem wrote:I would also like to note and I pointed this out in yesterday's game day thread. When was playing his best basketball when playing without Meyers in the game with him. Once Stotts started using Meyers to play along side of Collins, Collins hasn't been the same. You would think Stotts, the coaching staff and the rest of the Blazer management would notice that. Yep, you would think...

I actually think the franchise is hoping to trade Leonard and the only way to be able to trade him is for him to get on the court and try to show something. In fairness he hasn’t been completely hopeless this year. There are worse players out there but the 11 mil a year hurts
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#29 » by Epicurus » Sun Jan 6, 2019 6:31 am

Shem wrote:I would also like to note and I pointed this out in yesterday's game day thread. When was playing his best basketball when playing without Meyers in the game with him. Once Stotts started using Meyers to play along side of Collins, Collins hasn't been the same. You would think Stotts, the coaching staff and the rest of the Blazer management would notice that. Yep, you would think...
Not sure where your evidence is for this claim, but looking at https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/colliza01/lineups/2019 , I can't find it.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#30 » by Norm2953 » Sun Jan 6, 2019 7:38 am

I'm probably more supportive of Meyers than most but do think Lillardtime has it right that the
team is trying to move Meyers. He's not as bad as previous years and might be an acceptable
big at half the cost.

With time running down on his contract, there are some truly bad players who other teams find
a way to trade. He's never been seriously hurt and is big enough to play.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#31 » by monopoman » Sun Jan 6, 2019 9:02 am

I think Meyers play could fool a number of teams, I mean **** even with a subpar Crabbe playing below his contract we still convinced the Kings to take him. Yeah they gave us a player back that we had on the books for a few years but I mean we still got rid of him without giving up a major pick.

**** some teams might think with more of a chance on the court he could develop even more.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#32 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sun Jan 6, 2019 3:35 pm

You gotta love that the ref's reviewed that foul on Turner pushing Tucker to see if Harden was behind the 3 point line. If Turner pushes Tucker, why is Harden shooting free throws, let alone 3 free throws vs. 2 free throws. What incompetence!!! They even reviewed the play and didn't get it right. Mind boggling!!!
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#33 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Jan 6, 2019 5:49 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:You gotta love that the ref's reviewed that foul on Turner pushing Tucker to see if Harden was behind the 3 point line. If Turner pushes Tucker, why is Harden shooting free throws, let alone 3 free throws vs. 2 free throws. What incompetence!!! They even reviewed the play and didn't get it right. Mind boggling!!!

that was a rule change the NBA implemented a couple of years ago, IIRC...maybe it was last summer. The same thing could have happened at the basket. For instance, if Harden was driving for a lay-in and Nurkic shoved Capela into Harden disrupting the shot, it would have been called a shooting foul. We've acttually seen a variation of it for years...a player shoots from distance at the same time a foul occurs on rebound jockeying; the basket will count and the rebounder will get a foul shot, even if the other team isn't in the penalty. I guess the thinking is not to let the defense nullify successful offense by fouling during a shot attempt

in the case last night it looked like Tucker was pushed before Harden 'gathered' but it was close
bigdavid
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#34 » by bigdavid » Sun Jan 6, 2019 7:15 pm

Great game. Very exciting... really enjoyed. I think everyone played great. Defense works. I would like to see Turner start, but not allowed to shoot 3's
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#35 » by monopoman » Sun Jan 6, 2019 8:01 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:You gotta love that the ref's reviewed that foul on Turner pushing Tucker to see if Harden was behind the 3 point line. If Turner pushes Tucker, why is Harden shooting free throws, let alone 3 free throws vs. 2 free throws. What incompetence!!! They even reviewed the play and didn't get it right. Mind boggling!!!

that was a rule change the NBA implemented a couple of years ago, IIRC...maybe it was last summer. The same thing could have happened at the basket. For instance, if Harden was driving for a lay-in and Nurkic shoved Capela into Harden disrupting the shot, it would have been called a shooting foul. We've acttually seen a variation of it for years...a player shoots from distance at the same time a foul occurs on rebound jockeying; the basket will count and the rebounder will get a foul shot, even if the other team isn't in the penalty. I guess the thinking is not to let the defense nullify successful offense by fouling during a shot attempt

in the case last night it looked like Tucker was pushed before Harden 'gathered' but it was close

My problem is you have no clue if the player are you shoving will go into the other man or not, or how much he will amplify the contact. I mean he could easily just keep flying back and if Harden is anywhere within reason its a foul for Harden. Obviously he can't fly 30 feet back into Harden but 10-15 feet might fool the Refs even if that is clearly exaggerating the contact.

Also knowing how much time and effort Harden spends on fooling the refs this might be something Tucker and Harden have practiced.

Another thing I hate about this call is it seems that Turner is obligated to face the wrath of anything that happens to Harden vicariously through Tucker hitting him. So if Turner pushes Tucker somewhat and then Tucker flies back like he was shoved by a heavy weight body builder at maximum strength, and hits harden but smacks him in the face hard is that a Flagrant 1?
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#36 » by Moonbeam » Mon Jan 7, 2019 9:00 pm

That was a nice bounce-back win against a tough opponent. Portland's played the toughest schedule in the league thus far by SRS and is still in the playoff picture. Hopefully they can stay relatively healthy and take advantage once the schedule eases to move up the standings.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Jan 9, 2019 11:04 pm

bigdavid wrote:Great game. Very exciting... really enjoyed. I think everyone played great. Defense works. I would like to see Turner start, but not allowed to shoot 3's

Watch more Blazer games, you may differently!
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Jan 9, 2019 11:05 pm

monopoman wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:

My problem is you have no clue if the player are you shoving will go into the other man or not, or how much he will amplify the contact. I mean he could easily just keep flying back and if Harden is anywhere within reason its a foul for Harden. Obviously he can't fly 30 feet back into Harden but 10-15 feet might fool the Refs even if that is clearly exaggerating the contact.

Also knowing how much time and effort Harden spends on fooling the refs this might be something Tucker and Harden have practiced.

Another thing I hate about this call is it seems that Turner is obligated to face the wrath of anything that happens to Harden vicariously through Tucker hitting him. So if Turner pushes Tucker somewhat and then Tucker flies back like he was shoved by a heavy weight body builder at maximum strength, and hits harden but smacks him in the face hard is that a Flagrant 1?

Looked a whole lot more like a flop than a push!
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018

Return to Portland Trail Blazers