Game 42: Portland vs Chicago 7:00pm SNW 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Jan 9, 2019 7:35 am

vs

Time: 7:00pm
TV: Moda Center
TV: SNW

GLB of the game Sienna Miller
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Re: Game 42: Portland vs Chicago 7:00pm SNW 

Post#2 » by ducler » Wed Jan 9, 2019 9:14 pm

Read on Twitter
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,532

Post#3 » by zzaj » Wed Jan 9, 2019 9:53 pm

Going to the game tonight and sitting 6 rows back, which is closer than I've ever sat. That means I'm going to lose my voice...because nose bleeds or not, when I go to games I boo at the top of my lungs anytime an opposing player touches the ball.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#4 » by Brandon-Clyde » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:05 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:33 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#6 » by Brandon-Clyde » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:14 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#7 » by Joel Embust » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:45 am

Zach is having himself a solid game.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#8 » by Brandon-Clyde » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:47 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#9 » by monopoman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:13 am

Another team the Blazers outclassed by a good margin and they take care of business. Chicago stayed tough and didn't let the Blazers get a huge lead in the beginning of the game but eventually the Blazers were able to build that lead and secure it.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#10 » by Shem » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:25 am

Loved Collins and Curry off the bench tonight! :D
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#11 » by Brandon-Clyde » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:55 am

Victory GLB pic
Spoiler:
zzaj
General Manager

Post#12 » by zzaj » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:07 am

My takeaways...

Lillard looked like he was coasting and played everything very smart. Seemed like he was content to run PnR with Nurkic, which Chicago had no answer for.

CJ actually passed the ball a little bit, and not the "I've got nowhere to go so I better look for an outlet" variety. Actual playmaking...

Lauri looked waaaaay more raw than I expected.

If we are waiting for Simons to become an NBA player, we're going to have to wait a good long while...and perhaps forever. There are some fundamental IQ things in his game that are missing. However, Stotts had him playing PG which he'll never be good at...

Chicago is a really bad team, but I like Kris Dunn. He's a 3pt shot away from being a really decent player.

I kinda forgot how big Lopez is. He looked slightly bigger than Nurkic to me top and bottom. Zach looks like he might have grown an inch or so. At one point standing side by side with Meyers they were literally exactly the same height. Speaking of Zach he was super frustrated when he fouled out...he had a bunch of fellow players talking to him, putting their arms behind his back, etc...

Kind of a yawner of a game. It never felt like Chicago posed much of a threat to steal it...
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#13 » by Wizenheimer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:36 pm

zzaj wrote:My takeaways...

Lillard looked like he was coasting and played everything very smart. Seemed like he was content to run PnR with Nurkic, which Chicago had no answer for.

CJ actually passed the ball a little bit, and not the "I've got nowhere to go so I better look for an outlet" variety. Actual playmaking...

If we are waiting for Simons to become an NBA player, we're going to have to wait a good long while...and perhaps forever. There are some fundamental IQ things in his game that are missing. However, Stotts had him playing PG which he'll never be good at...

Chicago is a really bad team, but I like Kris Dunn. He's a 3pt shot away from being a really decent player.

I kinda forgot how big Lopez is. He looked slightly bigger than Nurkic to me top and bottom. Zach looks like he might have grown an inch or so. At one point standing side by side with Meyers they were literally exactly the same height. Speaking of Zach he was super frustrated when he fouled out...he had a bunch of fellow players talking to him, putting their arms behind his back, etc...

Kind of a yawner of a game. It never felt like Chicago posed much of a threat to steal it...

pretty much

Zach was pissed because it was about the 1st time he put together a good game in a month and he wanted to keep it going. He hasn't stepped out of the project phase yet; still has a long way to go and core strength to build. He has good defensive instincts though but where his ceiling actually is a very open question

watching that game, it was obvious why Chicago was a lottery team in the hunt for the top-pick. But more then that, they looked like a bad team playing the 82nd game of the season. Players only became enthusiastic when they had the ball. During the game, Portis was the only Bull who seemed engaged and I made a bet with myself that he's the only one in a contract year. Sure enough, when I looked it up...he is
zzaj
General Manager

Post#14 » by zzaj » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:

pretty much

Zach was pissed because it was about the 1st time he put together a good game in a month and he wanted to keep it going. He hasn't stepped out of the project phase yet; still has a long way to go and core strength to build. He has good defensive instincts though but where his ceiling actually is a very open question

watching that game, it was obvious why Chicago was a lottery team in the hunt for the top-pick. But more then that, they looked like a bad team playing the 82nd game of the season. Players only became enthusiastic when they had the ball. During the game, Portis was the only Bull who seemed engaged and I made a bet with myself that he's the only one in a contract year. Sure enough, when I looked it up...he is

Another thing that occurred to me about Zach seeing him from about 20 feet away--a thing that never really translates to the angle of televised games--is that he has REALLY high hips, and accordingly a high center of gravity. Along with a general lack of strength, that may have something to do with him getting so easily pushed around. Zach has a ways to go as well. It seemed like the Bulls players were purposely going at him like he had a big old target on his back.

My Portis moment came right before he made his 2nd 3 pointer. I yelled out, "I LOVE YOU CRAZY EYES" right before he took the shot. After he made it he glanced in our general direction. My distraction didn't work, but at least I tried to do my part...
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#15 » by monopoman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:

pretty much

With 10 wins it's probably pretty hard to stay motivated on a team like that. I mean the Blazers atmosphere is much more encouraging to developing guys and getting them motivated battling for a playoff spot in the very tough western conference.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#16 » by DaVoiceMaster » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:27 am

I am not a Simon's fan whatsoever. All the guy knows how to do is shoot and he doesn't do that very well.

Was Dunn allowed to mug Lillard tonight or what?

Glad yo see Collins have a good night. Now, I need to see about 30 more of those before I jump on his band wagon. When point guards can no longer push him around, then I will get excited.

Glad to see Stauskas came ready to play. Wonder if he'll replace Layman in the rotation after his dismal game.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018

Return to Portland Trail Blazers