ImageImage

2019 Offseason, June 30th 3PM PT.

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

realboredcactus
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: 2019 Offseason, June 30th 3PM PT. 

Post#2001 » by realboredcactus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:33 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:Livingston would be a nice veteran to have off the bench. Steady hand with tons of "been there" experience.

Wouldn't hate it. It seems at this point they have been just getting guys to get guys (Tolliver and Hezonja felt like stopgaps rather than answers), while Lyles can be a good backup 4 for us. IDK if he'll take a minimum but we've seen weirder
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#2002 » by Village Idiot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:36 pm

d-train wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:I don't get the fascination with Gallinari, especially if it means giving up Bazemore or Whiteside. Sure he's skilled and can score but he is also slow, laid back and old. We have a guy with a fairly similar skillset but with a heck of a lot more athleticism in Hezonja. If he can finally put it together for a whole season he could be a lot more valuable to us long-term.

I agree about Gallo's athleticism. He's not a good athlete by NBA standards at any position. Love is a better athlete than Gallo. My concern about Love is his competitiveness. I question if he is the competitor we need to battle Joker, Green, and Millsap.
tbh I don't want Love either. I feel like we will have enough offense this season with Whiteside in the middle grabbing offensive rebounds and scoring on the occasional post-up with Hood for a whole season, Bazemore and his shooting and Collins being a better shooter than Aminu. Tolliver btw is a slightly better career 3pt shooter than Love at 37.6 vs 37.0. Of course Love is better than Tolliver at everything else but not $30 million better IMHO.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#2003 » by d-train » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
d-train wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:I don't get the fascination with Gallinari, especially if it means giving up Bazemore or Whiteside. Sure he's skilled and can score but he is also slow, laid back and old. We have a guy with a fairly similar skillset but with a heck of a lot more athleticism in Hezonja. If he can finally put it together for a whole season he could be a lot more valuable to us long-term.

I agree about Gallo's athleticism. He's not a good athlete by NBA standards at any position. Love is a better athlete than Gallo. My concern about Love is his competitiveness. I question if he is the competitor we need to battle Joker, Green, and Millsap.
tbh I don't want Love either. I feel like we will have enough offense this season with Whiteside in the middle grabbing offensive rebounds and scoring on the occasional post-up with Hood for a whole season, Bazemore and his shooting and Collins being a better shooter than Aminu. Tolliver btw is a slightly better career 3pt shooter than Love at 37.6 vs 37.0. Of course Love is better than Tolliver at everything else but not $30 million better IMHO.

I agree. I have questions about how Whiteside is going to workout, but I think it's worth a try. We might already have the right combination of players.
realboredcactus
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#2004 » by realboredcactus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
d-train wrote:

I think love from a few years back would be great, but he's a center at this point and is injury prone. Still love him as a player but would really want a guy at the 4 who is mobile and can shoot. Our 4's now (Collins, Hezonja, Tolliver) are all solid shooters at worst, and the first two can move. I would not mind Gallo as much since he can be a great 4 especially if we only give up other expiring.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers