Tracking the Playoff Race

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Re: Tracking the Playoff Race 

Post#181 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:56 am

The nice thing is the Blazers may control their destiny. OKC and the Spurs will complete their games just prior to tip off. If OKC loses to Milwaukee and the Spurs beat Dallas, OKC falls to 7th place. The Blazers can decide whether they want to try and win the game or lose it. If the Blazers are happy playing Utah, then rest as many players as you can. If they rather play the Spurs (should they finish 6th], then play the starters.

Lillard really needs rest. I dont know that any others do.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#182 » by DusterBuster » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:00 am

DaVoiceMaster wrote:The nice thing is the Blazers may control their destiny. OKC and the Spurs will complete their games just prior to tip off. If OKC loses to Milwaukee and the Spurs beat Dallas, OKC falls to 7th place. The Blazers can decide whether they want to try and win the game or lose it. If the Blazers are happy playing Utah, then rest as many players as you can. If they rather play the Spurs, then play the starters. Lillard really needs rest. I dont know that any others do.

Is one game really gonna do a ton for Lillard tbh tho?

I don't think Dame will ask to rest, the team would have to do it. I think the starters play, but maybe just dont log big mins.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#183 » by DusterBuster » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:27 am

Ben Golliver just posted the point differential for each playoff matchup. Blazers vs Thunder is second to last as one of the most evenly matched point differential. Only HOU vs UTA ranked less.

Read on Twitter

Given how close all the Blazers v Thunder games were, I'm expecting at least all the games to be pretty tight and chippy.
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,832

Post#184 » by The Sebastian Express » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:32 am

DusterBuster wrote:Ben Golliver just posted the point differential for each playoff matchup. Blazers vs Thunder is second to last as one of the most evenly matched point differential. Only HOU vs UTA ranked less.

Read on Twitter

Given how close all the Blazers v Thunder games were, I'm expecting at least all the games to be pretty tight and chippy.

There's no doubt the chippiness will be there. If Westbrook keeps doing his cradle the baby thing or whatever move he might get knocked to the floor a few times in the playoffs. I fully expect them to win. I just don't think we can manage it defensively without Nurk.

BUT MAYBE WE COULD AVENGE SEATTLE SOMEHOW.

I mean.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#185 » by DusterBuster » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:36 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Ben Golliver just posted the point differential for each playoff matchup. Blazers vs Thunder is second to last as one of the most evenly matched point differential. Only HOU vs UTA ranked less.

Read on Twitter

There's no doubt the chippiness will be there. If Westbrook keeps doing his cradle the baby thing or whatever move he might get knocked to the floor a few times in the playoffs. I fully expect them to win. I just don't think we can manage it defensively without Nurk.

BUT MAYBE WE COULD AVENGE SEATTLE SOMEHOW.

I mean.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's probably a 6 game series. Probably split the 1st two in Portland, OKC probably takes the two in OKC, Portland wins 5 and OKC closes it out in 6. That's my prediction at least. I hope to hell I'm wrong, but it's unquestionably an uphill battle, even with the Thunder kinda banged up.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#186 » by DusterBuster » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:40 am

I will say, even with everything that's happened, I have a much different feeling with the team going into the playoffs this year than I did last year. The Blazers really kinda stumbled on their way into the playoffs as they were closing out the regular season. I oddly have a lot more confidence in them this year than I did last season.
Matt800
Rookie
And1: 317

Post#187 » by Matt800 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:26 am

DusterBuster wrote:I will say, even with everything that's happened, I have a much different feeling with the team going into the playoffs this year than I did last year. The Blazers really kinda stumbled on their way into the playoffs as they were closing out the regular season. I oddly have a lot more confidence in them this year than I did last season.

Yeah compared to last year I agree. I think part of it for me is that there are a lot more guys this year who have had big games late in the season.

This month:
Turner - 2x triple doubles
Curry 2x19 point games
Hood 1x21 point game
Aminu 1x23 point game
Zach 1x18 point game
Moe 1x26 point game
Kanter 4x 20+ pts 10+ rb games
Jake 1x15pt game

And including the SAC game all 6 guys who played had decent scoring numbers including Meyers.

Plus a lot of guys have shown the ability to make big defensive plays. I think Curry for example has had a few games where his late game defense was a large part of why the team won.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#188 » by Epicurus » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:25 am

The Thunder have yet to deal with Ninja Moe.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#189 » by DaVoiceMaster » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:34 pm

Maybe Nurk can get under Westbrook's skin from the bench!!! With this matchup, we'll see a lot more of Leonard because Collins cannot handle Adams. I guess there's 6 more hard fouls than we're accustomed to seeing.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#190 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:47 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:Maybe Nurk can get under Westbrook's skin from the bench!!! With this matchup, we'll see a lot more of Leonard because Collins cannot handle Adams. I guess there's 6 more hard fouls than we're accustomed to seeing.

zach collins can be an **** too, just ask gsw players, especially klay thompson
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#191 » by PizzaSteve » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:34 pm

Please beat these guys!
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#192 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:08 pm