ImageImage

Game 63: Portland vs Charlotte 10:00am SNW

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Re: Game 63: Portland vs Charlotte 10:00am SNW 

Post#21 » by GreenRiddler » Sun Mar 3, 2019 10:45 pm

Officially have the 3rd seed. Nice to see Hood getting some mojo back.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#22 » by DusterBuster » Sun Mar 3, 2019 11:18 pm

Heard Twitter mentioning a Nurk injury from the game, guessing if there was anything, it was minor. Anyone know what that was all about?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#23 » by monopoman » Sun Mar 3, 2019 11:42 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Heard Twitter mentioning a Nurk injury from the game, guessing if there was anything, it was minor. Anyone know what that was all about?

He was limping a bit in the last minutes of the game, it's likely a sprain or something he was feeling good enough to throw water on Hood during his interview. If he was really hurt there is no way he would be clowning around like that.
Drewskickinit
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#24 » by Drewskickinit » Sun Mar 3, 2019 11:48 pm

Dang another early morning game I didn't get to watch. Blazer win ill take it but its better when I can watch
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#25 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Mar 4, 2019 12:30 am

Ya, this one snuck up on me. Glad to see Hood finally have a good game with us, its fun having a ball-handler with some size as our guards and centers draw so much attention.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#26 » by Shem » Mon Mar 4, 2019 12:56 am

Drewskickinit wrote:Dang another early morning game I didn't get to watch. Blazer win ill take it but its better when I can watch

You can watch it on demand with the NBC Sports app.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#27 » by Masterfully » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:06 am

First time this season the Blazers leading scorer was someone other than Lillard, CJ or Nurk.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#28 » by DusterBuster » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:38 am

monopoman wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Heard Twitter mentioning a Nurk injury from the game, guessing if there was anything, it was minor. Anyone know what that was all about?

He was limping a bit in the last minutes of the game, it's likely a sprain or something he was feeling good enough to throw water on Hood during his interview. If he was really hurt there is no way he would be clowning around like that.

Yeah, that was my thought too. Also would have expected Freeman, Quick or one of other beat guys to Tweet something about it.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#29 » by monopoman » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:39 am

Masterfully wrote:First time this season the Blazers leading scorer was someone other than Lillard, CJ or Nurk.

Hood sure can pour it on when he is feeling it and he picked a hell of a game to do it in, because CJ was having trouble hitting anything. If he can give us games like this even one in every 5 or 6 games he will be super valuable to this team.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#30 » by DusterBuster » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:59 am

monopoman wrote:
Masterfully wrote:First time this season the Blazers leading scorer was someone other than Lillard, CJ or Nurk.

Hood sure can pour it on when he is feeling it and he picked a hell of a game to do it in, because CJ was having trouble hitting anything. If he can give us games like this even one in every 5 or 6 games he will be super valuable to this team.

It's so nice for the Blazers to finally have someone else on the roster who at least has the potential to really open up a game like that. It would be awesome if he could have a bit more consistency, but even still, just knowing there's that potential makes teams have to respect him on the defensive end and opens up the floor. I think that more than anything is what's helped the Blazers vs previous seasons. They finally have legit scoring threats in both units. Before when they Blazers went to their bench, it was kinda an s-show. Their best and most consistent scoring threat off the bench last year was who.... Napier? Now between Jake, Hood and Kanter, that's 3 guys who can go for 20 on any night.
Drewskickinit
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#31 » by Drewskickinit » Mon Mar 4, 2019 5:04 am

Shem wrote:
Drewskickinit wrote:Dang another early morning game I didn't get to watch. Blazer win ill take it but its better when I can watch

You can watch it on demand with the NBC Sports app.

If I had cable but I stream the games off Reddit most of the time
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#32 » by Wizenheimer » Mon Mar 4, 2019 6:19 am

GreenRiddler wrote:Officially have the 3rd seed. Nice to see Hood getting some mojo back.

not yet. Portland is tied with OKC and the Thunder own the tiebreaker.

monopoman wrote:Hood sure can pour it on when he is feeling it and he picked a hell of a game to do it in, because CJ was having trouble hitting anything. If he can give us games like this even one in every 5 or 6 games he will be super valuable to this team.

Stauskas had a game like that, and a few other good ones as well, but it was only 5 or 6 games out of 50+ games. Hood has only played 10 games for Portland, and while Hood's 'nuclear' type game might not be much better than Stauskas going crazy, an average game for him is much better than an average one for Stauskas....or Connaughton. He has the ability to be solid and consistent for a series where those other two didn't

DusterBuster wrote: Their best and most consistent scoring threat off the bench last year was who.... Napier? Now between Jake, Hood and Kanter, that's 3 guys who can go for 20 on any night.

you might even be able to add Curry to that list, although he's more likely to go for 10 than 20...but he can hit some timely three's

the main thing is, with those three players the chances of just one of them going off in a game is much higher than what the Blazers have had since Dame beat the Rockets 6 years ago. That might be the difference in a close game, and one game can turn a series

Return to Portland Trail Blazers