Game 68: Portland vs San Antonio 5:30pm SNW

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Re: Game 68: Portland vs San Antonio 5:30pm SNW 

Post#41 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Sinobas wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:We really were on such a nice track. This injury if even minor blows our chances of making home court.

HCA in the nba playoffs is the most over-rated thing. I know stats will show you the home team wins more often, but the better teams get more home games because of the way the system is set up. Any series I've watched between two roughly equal teams, it doesn't matter. Heck, I've seen the Blazers play a lot better on the road than home in the playoffs so many times.

It's either in the cards for you or not. HCA won't swing it one way or another. That's why the nba regular season is so stupid, playing 82 games for something that doesn't matter.

I agree that HCA is overrated. How did Portland do with HCA last year? For a team like Portland, with their recent history of playoff failure, having HCA is also having to withstand huge pressure. Losing one of the first two game flips everything, and can psychologically put a team into a place they can't recover from.

as for the regular season being pointless....Dame would tell you that his 30M a year contract doesn't seem pointless to him
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#42 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:08 pm

monopoman wrote:At this point CJ has no clue how bad it is though, he is merely speculating. The MRI will have more conclusive evidence on exactly how bad the injury is..

that's not only possible, it could be likely. It could also be that he was overreacting when he said those things. I've had a minor ankle sprain several times and for damn sure, a couple of hours after the incident, my ankle didn't feel "normal", which is the term CJ used

that it's his knee is a concern though....a lot of different things could be the source of the pain, and only a few are minor. At best, he'll probably miss two or three games. Fortunately, the next 4 are at home
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#43 » by Sinobas » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:19 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
Sinobas wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:We really were on such a nice track. This injury if even minor blows our chances of making home court.

HCA in the nba playoffs is the most over-rated thing. I know stats will show you the home team wins more often, but the better teams get more home games because of the way the system is set up. Any series I've watched between two roughly equal teams, it doesn't matter. Heck, I've seen the Blazers play a lot better on the road than home in the playoffs so many times.

It's either in the cards for you or not. HCA won't swing it one way or another. That's why the nba regular season is so stupid, playing 82 games for something that doesn't matter.

I agree that HCA is overrated. How did Portland do with HCA last year? For a team like Portland, with their recent history of playoff failure, having HCA is also having to withstand huge pressure. Losing one of the first two game flips everything, and can psychologically put a team into a place they can't recover from.

as for the regular season being pointless....Dame would tell you that his 30M a year contract doesn't seem pointless to him

It's not pointless from an entertainment standpoint, because fans still tune in to watch and attend games. But from a competition standpoint, it's a lot of games to play to only eliminate half the teams. And seeding/hca doesn't count for ****. Because if you're a top seeded team with aspirations to win a championship, it doesn't matter if you knock off your prime rival in round 1 2 or 3.

Contrast it to the NFL, where home field means a lot more due to crowd noise, only 12 teams make the playoffs, and the top 4 teams get first round byes.
Matt800
Rookie
And1: 317

Post#44 » by Matt800 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
monopoman wrote:At this point CJ has no clue how bad it is though, he is merely speculating. The MRI will have more conclusive evidence on exactly how bad the injury is..

that's not only possible, it could be likely. It could also be that he was overreacting when he said those things. I've had a minor ankle sprain several times and for damn sure, a couple of hours after the incident, my ankle didn't feel "normal", which is the term CJ used

that it's his knee is a concern though....a lot of different things could be the source of the pain, and only a few are minor. At best, he'll probably miss two or three games. Fortunately, the next 4 are at home

obviously we dont know the injury but I'd be surprised if he's healthy before 2 weeks. If it's a grade 2 mcl sprain their timetable is around 2-4 weeks.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers