DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Re: What now for the Blazers 

Post#62 » by GreenRiddler » Wed Apr 3, 2019 8:03 am

I think we can get LMA without CJ. Kawhi was The silver bullet. they tried to tinker with DeMar but the Spurs are a leaking ship.

If Pop retires after their 1st/second round exit I think they do so poorly to start next season they'll be looking at moving LMA for young players/picks. We got some picks, young players and matching expiring deals, LMA has a big contract so it wouldn't be a huge bidding war. Look what Sac got for Boogie. Doesn't hurt LMA said he wants to come back for unfinished business.

He sees how good we're, a year without Nurk with LMA holding down the fort at the 5 would be a nice consolation waiting for the dream lineup when Nurk is healthy again.

Hell crazy things can happen maybe Cousins gets here after some crazy wheeling and dealing. He is talking it up about how good Dame is unprovoked on a podcast the other day. And McCollum was trying to recruit him last summer before the snt with him and Nurk fell through supposedly. After Durant moves out east the west will be wide open. He won't be able to find a better duo to play with than Dame and CJ.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,532

Post#63 » by zzaj » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:32 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:Would you consider CJ for LMA?

No. And not because I don't think LMA is the better player...

The problem is the LMA/Nurkic combo--assuming Nurkic comes back completely healthy for the rest of his career, of course.

As we all know, LMA is at his best when he plays around the rim...something Stotts never could get him to do consistently. Nurkic's skill set (to this point) is also playing strong and using his size around the rim.

Trading CJ for LMA would be swapping one overlapping skillset in Lillard/CJ for another in LMA/Nurkic. And in this case I think it'd be slightly worse because it would be the death knell to any space to operate in the paint for Lillard...which would allow teams to put the clamps on him even more.
dunlop212
Senior
And1: 83

Post#64 » by dunlop212 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 9:46 pm

I would vote yes. LMA played well enough for Stotts so that fans were chanting "MVP". Portland will need depth at that position next year with Nurk and Turk gone and Leonard on his way out. CJ is kind of what Monte Ellis was for Golden State; empty calories. Simons might be an NBA player when he grows up. Maybe they can keep Hood.
dunlop212
Senior
And1: 83

Post#65 » by dunlop212 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 10:34 pm

I am not an expert on NBA finances, but it looks like Aldridge's contract is a $22 Million expiring, while Portland owes CJ $56 Million over the next 2 years.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#66 » by DusterBuster » Sat Apr 6, 2019 3:08 am

dunlop212 wrote:I am not an expert on NBA finances, but it looks like Aldridge's contract is a $22 Million expiring, while Portland owes CJ $56 Million over the next 2 years.

I believe Aldridge has 2 more years left on his deal after this season, not 1.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 875

Post#67 » by red_power » Sat Apr 6, 2019 8:29 am

I'd prefer trading CJ for young players picks and expiring deals. Because this team isn't going anywhere next season, just keep that fact in mind.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 309

Post#68 » by HoopsFanAZ » Sat Apr 6, 2019 5:25 pm

Yes.
Nurk + LMA + Zach.
Done.

Now and for the future.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#69 » by GEE » Sun Apr 7, 2019 6:13 pm

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Does anybody remember how he screwed us over, so he could get his wish of playing closer to momma's house. We were told by him that he wanted to stay, and then he left in a fashion, that didn't allow us to get anything for him. At least that's how I kinda remember it. He made his bed, plus POP isn't likely to fulfill any player desires that don't help his own team, so... not likely happening.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers