ImageImage

Game 2 Rd 1 Portland vs OKC 7:30pm Tuesday TNT/SNW

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Re: Game 2 Rd 1 Portland vs OKC 7:30pm Tuesday TNT/SNW 

Post#121 » by DusterBuster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:35 am

Wizenheimer wrote:finally, these two home games have to have been great entertainment for Jody Allen. The atmosphere of The Moda has to have impressed her. I have no clue what she's planning for Portland but tonight, I'd bet she's a big Blazer fan

Underrated point. I still wish we had more clarity on the ownership situation, but I love that Dame and the team is doing their best to show her why Paul was in love with this team.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Oneluckbox
Bench Warmer
And1: 499

Post#122 » by Oneluckbox » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:35 am

Wizenheimer wrote:well, the wife had a night out so I was home alone and I spent quite a bit of time jumping up from edge of my chair in the 3rd and 4th Q yelling out loopy rah rah **** but it felt great. Like an idiot I even think I fist-pumped a couple of times.

might be the best combined game of Dame-CJ in their time together considering the stakes. When CJ has a game like that it makes it harder for OKC to scheme the next game if they are thinking about trying to blanket Dame. And I'm all for life being difficult for the Thunder

Meyers had a good positive impact to go with his usual collection of great and confused facial experessions. I'm worried about Kanter's wrist though

the darkhorse player of the game was Mo. 14 points and 9 rebounds and it was the aggressive Mo on both ends. When the Blazers get that version, they are tough to beat

finally, these two home games have to have been great entertainment for Jody Allen. The atmosphere of The Moda has to have impressed her. I have no clue what she's planning for Portland but tonight, I'd bet she's a big Blazer fan

Read on Twitter
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#123 » by DusterBuster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:36 am

Wizenheimer wrote:Meyers had a good positive impact to go with his usual collection of great and confused facial experessions. I'm worried about Kanter's wrist though

X-rays came back negative, it was just bruised. Says he'll be fine for G3.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#124 » by PDXKnight » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:38 am

What an impressive win!

I feel like okc will likely win game 3 in convincing fashion, game 4 will be a huge one though
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#125 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:40 am

On the financial front this victory also guarantees Portland at least one more home game which would translate into just a very rough guess on my part another$1-2 million in revenue( figure average ticket price of $60-70 , 23,000 fans,tv and radio revenue. Might make the decision makers a little less worried about the payroll
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#126 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:43 am

people talking about how this team held together after CJ then Nurk went down:

I just think it's a testament to Lillard's leadership and character. He's the keystone for this franchise right now and has been since his 2nd season. I can't know exactly how things go in the Blazer locker room, but from all reports the way Dame holds himself accountable and the way he bonds with all of his teammates is what holds everything together
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#127 » by PDXKnight » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:48 am

Wizenheimer wrote:people talking about how this team held together after CJ then Nurk went down:

I just think it's a testament to Lillard's leadership and character. He's the keystone for this franchise right now and has been since his 2nd season. I can't know exactly how things go in the Blazer locker room, but from all reports the way Dame holds himself accountable and the way he bonds with all of his teammates is what holds everything together

There is so much value in a superstar who can lead without letting their ego come into play. Dame is a rare breed
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#128 » by GreenRiddler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:55 am

For a non-allstar McCollum is looking like the 2nd best player in this series.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,527

Post#129 » by zzaj » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:57 am

monopoman wrote:Damn if George+WB are on the bench I'm surprised Stotts isn't pulling CJ+Lillard. Figures they get pulled like 30 seconds after I make that post.

Maybe it's the fear of injury bug that seems to hover around the Blazers, but I almost went ballistic when I saw that Stotts was leaving the starters in against the OKC bench when they were up like 20 points with around 3 minutes to play.

Thank gawd he quickly took them out...
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#130 » by GreenRiddler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:57 am

Gotta give Harkless credit I thought he'd be a liability for our offense. He is playing some excellent defense and finding ways to impact the offense.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#131 » by DusterBuster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:00 am

GreenRiddler wrote:Gotta give Harkless credit I thought he'd be a liability for our offense. He is playing some excellent defense and finding ways to impact the offense.

He's finally healthy too. Him being injured last year was a low-key big deal for the playoffs. Portland still would have gotten destroyed, but having Moe healthy and able to move like he is makes the Blazers such a better defensive team.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#132 » by GreenRiddler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:01 am

Dame is so night and day on defense from 2 years ago. If you had told me him with Kanter and Meyers at center were gonna hold Russ and PG led team to under 100 points in back to back games I'd tell you to reevaluate your life decisions. He played some great D on Russ and even when he switched on PG at times. He gets so slept on even though he led us to back to back top 3 teams in the toughest conference with the injuries and all.

Nerlens noel backed off hood and Curry on back to back possessions that guy doesn't like defending the perimeter.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#133 » by GreenRiddler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:02 am

And please for the love of god keep 1 of Dame or CJ on the court at all times. They can rest in the offseason.
zzaj
General Manager

Post#134 » by zzaj » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:02 am

OKC is getting destroyed by the quickness of Portland's guards in the high PnR. It'll be really interesting to see how Donovan adjusts in the next game. My guess is that they are going to REALLY over-commit on Lillard.

My hope is that Portland will use a little more of the Lillard/CJ/Curry 3 guard lineup. That way they can keep blow-by quickness at 3 positions on the floor.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#135 » by GreenRiddler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:04 am

DusterBuster wrote:So is there any chance this playoff series will quiet the Trade CJ crowd (of which I've dipped my toes from time to time)?

Probably not but it should. He has looked really good granted its only 2 games, but even VS the Pelicans traps he put up great numbers. Glad there is no chance NeO trades him tho :)
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#136 » by DusterBuster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:05 am

zzaj wrote:OKC is getting destroyed by the quickness of Portland's guards in the high PnR. It'll be really interesting to see how Donovan adjusts in the next game. My guess is that they are going to REALLY over-commit on Lillard.

My hope is that Portland will use a little more of the Lillard/CJ/Curry 3 guard lineup. That way they can keep blow-by quickness at 3 positions on the floor.

The next time Donovan makes an adjustment will be his first. That guys a garbage coach. Aside from the Thunders poor shooting, the coaching discrepancy between Stotts and Donovan has been one of the most important factors in the series.
zzaj
General Manager

Post#137 » by zzaj » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:07 am

On the radio today I heard that Stotts had his assistant coaches look at the Game 1 game film with the idea of pretending to be on the Thunder coaching staff, to try and put together what adjustments they might make.

Well, it looked like that strategy worked tonight. Blazers guards looked like they knew EXACTLY how to attack OKC's PnR defense.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#138 » by monopoman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:07 am

zzaj wrote:OKC is getting destroyed by the quickness of Portland's guards in the high PnR. It'll be really interesting to see how Donovan adjusts in the next game. My guess is that they are going to REALLY over-commit on Lillard.

I think they tried to trap Lillard in game 1 and it just wasn't working Lillard is recognizing those traps and knowing what to do to punish the team for doing that. Also other guys on the court are moving better when they try to trap Lillard near the 3 point line leading to open buckets. This is a great video that really goes over what the Pels were able to do to the Blazers last year and how Portland can counter it.

This guy really deserves more views for his videos, he does a very good job breaking down game footage and really has some insightful views on games.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#139 » by DusterBuster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:10 am

This may be my favorite Dame play since 0.8, especially being against Raymond Fatlton...

Read on Twitter
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#140 » by DusterBuster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:12 am

zzaj wrote:On the radio today I heard that Stotts had his assistant coaches look at the Game 1 game film with the idea of pretending to be on the Thunder coaching staff, to try and put together what adjustments they might make.

Well, it looked like that strategy worked tonight. Blazers guards looked like they knew EXACTLY how to attack OKC's PnR defense.

One of the national ESPN guys, Kevin Pelton I think, was talking about that on Twitter. Apparently that's a pretty new idea. If Portland wins this series decidedly, you can bet that catches on. Again... coaching of Portland vs the coaching of the Thunder is like night and day.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers