WCF Game 3 Portland vs Golden State 6:00pm Saturday ESPN

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Re: WCF Game 3 Portland vs Golden State 6:00pm Saturday ESPN 

Post#281 » by Klinky » Sun May 19, 2019 4:03 pm

floppymoose wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:Probably changed my attitude about Draymond's attitude entirely. That's very respectful. I didn't expect it.

He's one of the most misunderstood players in the league. He has flaws that would ordinarily be associated with other personality types, so it's easy to reach a wrong conclusion about him.

I appreciate what he says, but he seems to be toeing the "good sportsmanship" line with his answer. I don't think we've misunderstood some of his dirty plays in the past, and his targeting of certain body parts.
Circus Americano!
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#282 » by Wizenheimer » Sun May 19, 2019 5:03 pm

wjun15 wrote:The ribs announcement after his poor performance is a good strategic move by the lillard camp. It provides a shield for criticism he would face after these poor showings.

The guy is not hurt.

I wish I could downvote you about 700 million times. You're calling people including Dame liars because it goes directly against all the crap you've thrown at Lillard and undercuts the slimy foundation you've tried to build. You've done nothing but bash him repeatedly in the game threads. But you were nowhere to be found during the OKC series. I wonder why that is. You're spewing bile

and of course, as I said, you're explicitly saying he isn't hurt. You don't know a damn thing about it; you don't have a friggin clue if he's hurt or not. You're just squirming around the edges of this story trying to find a way to get back to scapegoating Dame for the Warriors being the better team. I have no respect for a take like that

Blazinaway wrote:I've had a rib separation and it hurt like hell, there is pain just breathing and moving and man don't cough or sneeze! This explains a lot to me as Dame just did not look or act like himself. Yeah he could have made better decisions many times and be more careful with the ball but when you are in pain like that it effects the mental as well as the physical. Kanter with the shoulder is not nearly the same player either and top that off with the fasting and its basically a man down. Its a bummer as I think we could have been a good bit more competitive with a healthy Dame and Enes, oh well these guys have over achieved as it is, a really good season.

and that's how it's done. Good, fair take Blazingaway. And yes, I've had separated ribs myself and it's agony at times. I can't imagine playing basketball with that injury

Instead of calling the reporting lies, you look at what you know about Lillard after 7 years of watching him, and see if it fits with how he's played and what's happening in the series...which it does, almost perfectly

or you could tack another direction and since the report of separated ribs cuts the legs out of all the trash you've been talking about Lillard, you just double down and say that on top of everything else, Lillard is a liar and he's really not hurt. classless reaction
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#283 » by monopoman » Sun May 19, 2019 6:18 pm

It's funny that Lillard is one of the toughest players in the NBA and gets flack for that, he literally has to be told he can't play to sit on the bench. He is the type that would play through excruciating pain to help his team. If Lillard was really deadset on looking good he would sit on the bench when dealing with any notable injury.

I can think of countless other players that care far more for how good they look in the stat sheet beyond Lillard.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#284 » by floppymoose » Sun May 19, 2019 6:53 pm

Klinky wrote:
floppymoose wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:Probably changed my attitude about Draymond's attitude entirely. That's very respectful. I didn't expect it.

He's one of the most misunderstood players in the league. He has flaws that would ordinarily be associated with other personality types, so it's easy to reach a wrong conclusion about him.

I appreciate what he says, but he seems to be toeing the "good sportsmanship" line with his answer. I don't think we've misunderstood some of his dirty plays in the past, and his targeting of certain body parts.

You immediately went right to the main myth. He had a series where he kneed Adams in the groin twice. Therefor everyone sees him as a dirty player. It was a dirty play. It was also out of character. It was years ago and yet its what people name. They never point to something more recent. Theres a reason for that.
Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Post#285 » by Klinky » Sun May 19, 2019 7:56 pm

floppymoose wrote:
Klinky wrote:
floppymoose wrote:He's one of the most misunderstood players in the league. He has flaws that would ordinarily be associated with other personality types, so it's easy to reach a wrong conclusion about him.

You immediately went right to the main myth. He had a series where he kneed Adams in the groin twice. Therefor everyone sees him as a dirty player. It was a dirty play. It was also out of character. It was years ago and yet its what people name. They never point to something more recent. Theres a reason for that.

It's not a myth if it really happened. His past begets his reputation of present. A few lines in a post-game presser isn't going to absolve him of his past abilities to rack up technical fouls, kick players and hit people in the nuts. Perhaps he is better as of late, let's see if that continues.

There are players who can get through an entire NBA career without ever kicking other players on purpose. Shocking.
Circus Americano!
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#286 » by floppymoose » Sun May 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Klinky wrote:Perhaps he is better as of late, let's see if that continues.

But that's the thing. We already did see. Both before and after. We have years of data. But people want to believe. We see this over and over in sports and politics, both. People want to believe the worst about whoever they don't like.
bigdavid
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#287 » by bigdavid » Sun May 19, 2019 10:13 pm

The thing that makes no sense is why Dame keeps bring the ball up. Hurt or not it takes too long he dibbles a little to much and doesn't have time to make a decision. I will probably get booed for this but why not let Turner who is an excellent ball handler bring the ball up and allow Lillard free to roam. No team is going to double team Turner.

In desperation we brought Leonard in at center and it seems to have worked. Based on the fact no team has come back from 3 down
this would give Lillard less pressure and Turner will be OK at pg. Lillard and CJ roaming together will upset the GSW plans. How many guys can they double team?

Stotts broke his stubernes slightly but sit Aminu. and start Turner.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#288 » by Epicurus » Sun May 19, 2019 10:43 pm

Turner does bring the ball up, maybe not as often as you' prefer.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#289 » by PDXKnight » Sun May 19, 2019 10:55 pm

We aren’t winnng this series and gs is clearly better. Duh

With all that said I’ve never liked the calls gs gets. Steph sticks his leg out and gets 3 fts constantly, Draymond throws the ball up and makes it look like he was thrown to the curb and gets a call every time. And somehow even though the refs get irritated by him they give him calls mj would’ve been lucky to get..

Additionally gs ‘fans’ as few as they were in the arena really tried to be a vocal minority. If we were from the east coast I’m pretty sure somebody would’ve done more than just be passive aggressive towards them. It's crazy how a select few people can act and make a bad name for an entire fan base.

All I know is even if we get swept in 4 the real fans are still here (I think we win game 4). The bandwagonners don't know the pain of a 21 and 27 win season, they didn't even take the time to check the box scores at that point.. But you can bet they'll be on our bandwagon when we finally get ours and as unfortunate as that is at least we will have winning to look forward to. This season gives me great hope, the fact that we can make the wcf in a season where most had us losing to OKC shows to me that we can win a title again at some point. It won't be this year but there is hope ahead especially if we can somehow pull a magic trick and keep some of these bench guys around.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,532

Post#290 » by zzaj » Sun May 19, 2019 11:15 pm

Oden2 wrote:We aren’t winnng this series and gs is clearly better.

With all that said I’ve never liked the calls gs gets. Steph sticks his leg out and gets 3 fts constantly, Draymond throws the ball up and makes it look like he was thrown to the curb and gets a call every time. And somehow even though the refs get irritated by him they give him calls mj would’ve been lucky to get..

Additionally gs ‘fans’ as few as they were really tried to be a vocal minority. If we were from the east coast I’m pretty sure somebody would’ve done more than just be passive aggressive towards them

I had a guy wearing a Warriors jersey fixing a laptop of mine here in Portland comment rudely about the Trail Blazers sticker on my computer...of course after telling me what a long-time Warriors fan he was. I replied, "Oh yeah? You're a long-time warriors fan? What was the name of the starting point guard for the Warriors before Curry was drafted?"

Dude mumbled something, but obviously didn't know the answer. I just said, "Huh. Long-time fan I guess..."

Not sure if it's a cultural thing or what, but Golden State seems to BREED bandwagon fans.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#291 » by monopoman » Sun May 19, 2019 11:23 pm

zzaj wrote:

Additionally gs ‘fans’ as few as they were really tried to be a vocal minority. If we were from the east coast I’m pretty sure somebody would’ve done more than just be passive aggressive towards them

I had a guy wearing a Warriors jersey fixing a laptop of mine here in Portland comment rudely about the Trail Blazers sticker on my computer...of course after telling me what a long-time Warriors fan he was. I replied, "Oh yeah? You're a long-time warriors fan? What was the name of the starting point guard for the Warriors before Curry was drafted?"

Dude mumbled something, but obviously didn't know the answer. I just said, "Huh. Long-time fan I guess..."

Not sure if it's a cultural thing or what, but Golden State seems to BREED bandwagon fans.

Yep, the true hardcore GS fans are few in number now. Those that actually watched the team compete year in year out are probably like 10-20% of the fanbase at most.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#292 » by PDXKnight » Sun May 19, 2019 11:24 pm

zzaj wrote:

It comes with winning. I saw many 'fans' of this nature when the ducks were in our glory days of football and while I can't say with 100 percent certainty I'd guess many of these bandwagon fans were the ones acting like entitled individuals when we'd play in opposing stadiums. Why would I say that? The long time fans tended to remember the bad times and just enjoyed the winning. They knew we'd been the loser before and so they understood it was a weak move to knock a team for losing.

It's odd how people can treat other fan bases when all we are all doing is rooting for our team. Somebody gets behind a winner and suddenly its some semblance of the little brother talk or people thinking they're superior to you because of what the athletes they're rooting for are accomplishing. Some version of "One day you guys could be as good as us" :roll:
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#293 » by Norm2953 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:42 pm

Those guys will have to adjust when Steph begins to lose a step for all teams come down to earth when their top 5 player is no longer that player.
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#294 » by wjun15 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:18 am

Wizenheimer wrote:
wjun15 wrote:The ribs announcement after his poor performance is a good strategic move by the lillard camp. It provides a shield for criticism he would face after these poor showings.

The guy is not hurt.

I wish I could downvote you about 700 million times. You're calling people including Dame liars because it goes directly against all the crap you've thrown at Lillard and undercuts the slimy foundation you've tried to build. You've done nothing but bash him repeatedly in the game threads. But you were nowhere to be found during the OKC series. I wonder why that is. You're spewing bile

and of course, as I said, you're explicitly saying he isn't hurt. You don't know a damn thing about it; you don't have a friggin clue if he's hurt or not. You're just squirming around the edges of this story trying to find a way to get back to scapegoating Dame for the Warriors being the better team. I have no respect for a take like that

Blazinaway wrote:I've had a rib separation and it hurt like hell, there is pain just breathing and moving and man don't cough or sneeze! This explains a lot to me as Dame just did not look or act like himself. Yeah he could have made better decisions many times and be more careful with the ball but when you are in pain like that it effects the mental as well as the physical. Kanter with the shoulder is not nearly the same player either and top that off with the fasting and its basically a man down. Its a bummer as I think we could have been a good bit more competitive with a healthy Dame and Enes, oh well these guys have over achieved as it is, a really good season.

and that's how it's done. Good, fair take Blazingaway. And yes, I've had separated ribs myself and it's agony at times. I can't imagine playing basketball with that injury

Instead of calling the reporting lies, you look at what you know about Lillard after 7 years of watching him, and see if it fits with how he's played and what's happening in the series...which it does, almost perfectly

or you could tack another direction and since the report of separated ribs cuts the legs out of all the trash you've been talking about Lillard, you just double down and say that on top of everything else, Lillard is a liar and he's really not hurt. classless reaction

I'm an unbiased fan. I've said good things about Dame when he does well. I've praised his defense which is worlds better than in the past. Trust me, I want the media and the whole world to talk great things about Dame and every time he has a killer game I'm on Youtube for hours loving all the great things said about how good he is, how hes a first team all nba'er, etc... but when he puts on a performance like he has its disappointing. I knew the hate posts would come from the media after this and I felt he let us down. For how much attention and praise Dame gets on our team, he does deserves the most criticism when he doesn't do what he's supposed to do. Im not saying Dame is Lebron but hes the Lebron of our city. Hes the closest thing our city will have to a Lebron. Its the same love/hate with Lebron. If your getting that much fame and recognition, your going to get killed if you dont show up.

I get that GSW is an all time great team. But I wish Dame would go out losing the right way, which is trusting his teammates more (we've had the best leads when he wasn't shooting and forcing). Every single time he turned it over it led to something good on the other end. And by the way, when I say hes not hurt, Im talking about hurt to the point it affects his play. Even he said it himself today, he said he doesnt think it impacts his game.

Also, my Dame criticism is nothing different than your constant criticism of CJ. I just cant stand people that defend their favorite player no matter how bad they play. Now if it was Damians brother, or Stotts, or someone close to them, someone that works with them, I understand. When you become a fan for so long of a certain player, you have an attachment to that player, so I try to understand. I criticized CJ when he was trashing too this season. Same with Dame, Aminu, Harkless etc...People should be able to voice their opinions. I'm not flooding this place, trolling, etc...

Dame and CJ are my two favorite players in the NBA. But just because they are my favorite doesn't mean I cant criticize them.
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#295 » by wjun15 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:21 am

bigdavid wrote:The thing that makes no sense is why Dame keeps bring the ball up. Hurt or not it takes too long he dibbles a little to much and doesn't have time to make a decision. I will probably get booed for this but why not let Turner who is an excellent ball handler bring the ball up and allow Lillard free to roam. No team is going to double team Turner.

In desperation we brought Leonard in at center and it seems to have worked. Based on the fact no team has come back from 3 down
this would give Lillard less pressure and Turner will be OK at pg. Lillard and CJ roaming together will upset the GSW plans. How many guys can they double team?

Stotts broke his stubernes slightly but sit Aminu. and start Turner.

Yes it is mind boggling how we just continue the same play after same play. The one time Dame gets off a great shot hes coming off a screen off the ball. And when I say screen, Im not talking about screen hand offs. Those hand-offs are the worst.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,167

Post#296 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon May 20, 2019 12:23 am

Oden2 wrote:The long time fans tended to remember the bad times and just enjoyed the winning. They knew we'd been the loser before and so they understood it was a weak move to knock a team for losing.

I want to emphasize this because it holds meaning far beyond just the world of sports.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers