ImageImage

Could we get Iggy??

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Could we get Iggy?? 

Post#1 » by Effigy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:07 am

Memphis just acquired Andre Iguadala. Yes, he’s 35, but next year is the last year of his deal, and were sitting on a bunch of expiring contracts. Mo or Myers straight up doesn’t work, but Memphis is sitting on several serviceable vets. Mo AND Myers for Iggy and Korver saves them $2 million. I assume we’d still have to throw in some sweetener, but what would that be? Would you add Little? A future protected first? The west is wide open and those guys could really help us.
ebott
Head Coach
And1: 135

Re: Could we get Iggy?? 

Post#2 » by ebott » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:38 am

We are more likely to get him if he gets bought out and waived like is do common with these sorts of trades. But even in that scenario I think he would rather sign with the Lakers.
Green Apple wrote:Portland fans are and have been some of the great citizens of basketball, they are a sea of basketball knowledge and passion.
Effigy
RealGM

Post#3 » by Effigy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:39 pm

ebott wrote:We are more likely to get him if he gets bought out and waived like is do common with these sorts of trades. But even in that scenario I think he would rather sign with the Lakers.

I disagree, the only way to get him is to trade for him. If Memphis is going to just buy him out, it makes sense to trade him Mo and salary filler instead and let them buy Mo out. It saves them money. Maybe throw in a second round pick for their trouble. Iggy would be a nice fit here.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#4 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:57 pm

I'd be up for that
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Effigy
RealGM

Post#5 » by Effigy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:56 pm

Well with the Whiteside trade, the only way we'd get Iggy is by trading Bazemore which would cost Memphis more money. Not sure they go for that. However, if we combine Bazermore and Skal Labissiere we could send them to Memphis for Iggy and Korver which would save Memphis $4 million and just works under the cap.
ebott
Head Coach

Post#6 » by ebott » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:19 am

I am pleased with what i accomplished here.

Iggy gone

Read on Twitter
Green Apple wrote:Portland fans are and have been some of the great citizens of basketball, they are a sea of basketball knowledge and passion.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#7 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:23 am

ebott wrote:I am pleased with what i accomplished here.

Iggy gone

Read on Twitter

No surprise here. Any over the hill star player with something left in the tank will be going to LAL.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#8 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:24 am

Boo
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Effigy
RealGM

Post#9 » by Effigy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:22 am

DusterBuster wrote:

Iggy gone

Read on Twitter

No surprise here. Any over the hill star player with something left in the tank will be going to LAL.

Still think Olshey should step in and make an offer. Getting something for him and saving $4 million has to be better than cutting him for nothing.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#10 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:25 am

Effigy wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Iggy gone

Read on Twitter

Still think Olshey should step in and make an offer. Getting something for him and saving $4 million has to be better than cutting him for nothing.

Portland would have to trade for him to get him and I think he would have to be OK staying in Portland. Personally, I think he probably just wants to be in LA, so I doubt he'd be happy to be in Portland - I also don't know how Portland trades for him at this point.
ebott
Head Coach

Post#11 » by ebott » Thu Jul 4, 2019 11:50 am

According to the wire tap, they are now looking to trade him. Maybe we could have gotten him for Mo and change. Do we have any tradeable players left that make sense to try and trade for Iggy?
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#12 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:24 pm

ebott wrote:According to the wire tap, they are now looking to trade him. Maybe we could have gotten him for Mo and change. Do we have any tradeable players left that make sense to try and trade for Iggy?

Yep, that buyout talk was premature it seems. At this point though, there's really no players left to trade for him and at his age.... I'm not really sure I want him. He basically got to sit for the entire regular season for the past couple seasons and then only really play during the playoffs. I'm not sure how his body/game would hold up on a roster where he's actually supposed to go back to playing a normal NBA schedule.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#13 » by Soulyss » Fri Jul 5, 2019 2:08 pm

Iggy is at like 17M per year... I don't view Iggy as an upgrade for anyone on the Blazers roster that would have to go out at that price point.

as a Vet min after a buyout... SURE! but not via trade.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers