Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Re: Pickup Jabari and Boogie? 

Post#21 » by d-train » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:10 pm

JasonStern wrote:
Read on Twitter

When your team sucks you don't have to worry about getting worse.
Showdown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,102

Post#22 » by Showdown » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:39 am

d-train wrote:
Showdown wrote:Little should play PF (Aminu role) and Trent should get some minutes at backup sf and sg. Hezonja will mostly play at sf and the rest of his minutes will be on pf.

I think Little's best move for awhile is going to be twiddling his thumbs at the end of the bench. It's a bonus if we get more than that.

1) He is good at defense and has athleticism so he can contribute in that role from the start. He is also good at rebounding so i could se him getting minutes on both forward positions. He need to work on his offensive game beside transition dunks and spot up shooting but that isn't urgent for this season.

2) After we lost both defenders and big bodies on the wing he is the only player on the roster that fit in that role.

3) When we drafted him comments from the Blazers fans and sentiment around the league was that this move make Aminu expendable and after that Blazers let him walk and didn't tried to keep him by offering him some deal which means that FO share that sentiment and agree with the fans and the media.

I see him getting 15 minutes at the beginning of the season where he would play 11 minutes on SF and 4 minutes on PF and if he improve during the season he could get more minutes, somewhere between 20-25 minutes depending on matchup and how his competition on our team performed in a certain game.
Renegade
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#23 » by Renegade » Tue Jul 9, 2019 10:03 am

Showdown wrote:I see him getting 15 minutes at the beginning of the season where he would play 11 minutes on SF and 4 minutes on PF and if he improve during the season he could get more minutes, somewhere between 20-25 minutes depending on matchup and how his competition on our team performed in a certain game.

If Stotts stays true to form with how he plays rookies that isn't going to happen.
Showdown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,102

Post#24 » by Showdown » Tue Jul 9, 2019 10:56 am

Renegade wrote:
Showdown wrote:I see him getting 15 minutes at the beginning of the season where he would play 11 minutes on SF and 4 minutes on PF and if he improve during the season he could get more minutes, somewhere between 20-25 minutes depending on matchup and how his competition on our team performed in a certain game.

If Stotts stays true to form with how he plays rookies that isn't going to happen.

If Layman and one of the Aminu/Harkless were stil on the roster maybe but now he is the only player that can fill what team desperately need, it's different situation than it was with Simmons/Trent, Blazers had CJ who is star player and play over 30 minutes on that position plus lot of guards and wings, Turner, Layman, Curry, Stauskas that was replaced by Hood, Aminu and Harkless so Little's situation in rookie year is much more similar to Collins's situation in his rookie year where both were seen as good prospects before the start, both are athletic and good at defense and both are type of the player that was lacking in the roster so there is nothing to lose by giving them minutes but there is huge upside if they are good.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,896

Post#25 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:03 pm

I would be floored if, barring injury, Little came close to sniffing 15mpg.

He is light years away on offense. Like, unplayable offensively right now.
Renegade
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#26 » by Renegade » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:03 pm

Showdown wrote:
Renegade wrote:

If Layman and one of the Aminu/Harkless were stil on the roster maybe but now he is the only player that can fill what team desperately need, it's different situation than it was with Simmons/Trent, Blazers had CJ who is star player and play over 30 minutes on that position plus lot of guards and wings, Turner, Layman, Curry, Stauskas that was replaced by Hood, Aminu and Harkless so Little's situation in rookie year is much more similar to Collins's situation in his rookie year where both were seen as good prospects before the start, both are athletic and good at defense and both are type of the player that was lacking in the roster so there is nothing to lose by giving them minutes but there is huge upside if they are good.

BTW it’s Simons.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers