ImageImage

Game 19: Portland vs OKC 7:00pm SNW

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Re: Game 19: Portland vs OKC 7:00pm SNW 

Post#21 » by Brandon-Clyde » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:44 am

monopoman wrote:Trash tier reffing in this **** game refs are 100% **** blind.

Starting to remind me of the Brooklyn game last March
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#22 » by Brandon-Clyde » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:53 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#23 » by monopoman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:54 am

Tremendous 3rd quarter by the Blazers despite the refs being very difficult they still score 41 and don't get deterred.

This team is really starting to gel as a unit and the offense is finally showing up.,
monopoman
RealGM

Post#24 » by monopoman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:58 am

Carmelo is just showing so much for this team holy ****. I am getting flash backs to dealing with him back in Denver when facing off against the Blazers.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#25 » by DusterBuster » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:18 am

monopoman wrote:Carmelo is just showing so much for this team holy ****. I am getting flash backs to dealing with him back in Denver when facing off against the Blazers.

Remember when the General Board said Melo was washed and would be as bad or worse than Herzonja and Tolliver....

Riiiigggghhhhhtttt.....
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
monopoman
RealGM

Post#26 » by monopoman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:18 am

DusterBuster wrote:
monopoman wrote:Carmelo is just showing so much for this team holy ****. I am getting flash backs to dealing with him back in Denver when facing off against the Blazers.

Remember when the General Board said Melo was washed and would be as bad or worse than Herzonja and Tolliver....

Riiiigggghhhhhtttt.....

Melo might end up being one of the best contracts in value per $ spent in the NBA this year.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#27 » by d-train » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:20 am

Tolliver's ability to stay in front of his man on defense is something I didn't know about.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#28 » by DusterBuster » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:20 am

monopoman wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Riiiigggghhhhhtttt.....

Melo might end up being one of the best contracts in value per $ spent in the NBA this year.

No doubt. Aside from maybe some guys on rookie deals who are blowing up, it'll probably be Melo by a landslide.

Here's hoping he stays in Portland next season, I would love to see Melo with this team with a 100% Nurkic. A starting 5 of Dame/CJ/Hood/Melo/Nurkic would be a lot of fun.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#29 » by DusterBuster » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:21 am

d-train wrote:Tolliver's ability to stay in front of his man on defense is something I didn't know about.

Being able to stay in front of one of OKC's 3rd stringers is not something to be impressed by d-train.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#30 » by Moonbeam » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:22 am

So nice to get back-to-back easy wins.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#31 » by d-train » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:22 am

DusterBuster wrote:

Riiiigggghhhhhtttt.....

The signing of Melo was definitely bad news for Mario. Mario needs to keep his confidence up and he will get another chance this year.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#32 » by DusterBuster » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:23 am

d-train wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Riiiigggghhhhhtttt.....

The signing of Melo was definitely bad news for Mario. Mario needs to keep his confidence up and he will get another chance this year.

I'm sorry, but Mario simply isn't an NBA quality player. He'd honestly be better served playing Euro ball.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,978

Post#33 » by Capn'O » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:34 am

Melo looking quicker than his last few years in NY. He really wants this.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
monopoman
RealGM

Post#34 » by monopoman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:38 am

In tonight's game Melo had his most efficient night over his entire NBA career with shooting at least 10 shots.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#35 » by DusterBuster » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:39 am

Capn'O wrote:Melo looking quicker than his last few years in NY. He really wants this.

I was just talking about this on the GB a bit, but I really do feel like Melo will find his love for the game here again in Portland. Seems like the fanbase as a whole has really embraced him, the team store sold out of Melo jersey's before the game even started tonight. Plus, from the stories from inside the lockerroom, the team as a whole has his back in a way that he probably hasn't had since his days in NY. This really was just an amazing fit for him at this specific time and he's absolutely making the Blazers a better team this season.

Here's hoping the story continues like it has been so far! If nothing else, it's just a feel good story for a Blazers season that was quickly looking like it was going to be massively forgettable.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#36 » by PDXKnight » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:47 am

I’ll be honest yes I’m happy with melo’s production but I also don’t expect him to shoot like this indefinitely & think we are all due a reality check here
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,978

Post#37 » by Capn'O » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:48 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Melo looking quicker than his last few years in NY. He really wants this.

I was just talking about this on the GB a bit, but I really do feel like Melo will find his love for the game here again in Portland. Seems like the fanbase as a whole has really embraced him, the team store sold out of Melo jersey's before the game even started tonight. Plus, from the stories from inside the lockerroom, the team as a whole has his back in a way that he probably hasn't had since his days in NY. This really was just an amazing fit for him at this specific time and he's absolutely making the Blazers a better team this season.

Here's hoping the story continues like it has been so far! If nothing else, it's just a feel good story for a Blazers season that was quickly looking like it was going to be massively forgettable.

He's definitely in better shape than he has been in awhile but the other factor is that he's not holding the ball. Quick decisions. Boom boom - his motion starts as soon as he gets the ball and if he can't find an opening he keeps it moving. Exactly what Phil Jackson asked of him and he's finally doing it. Even if he doesn't stay hot, it's winning basketball.

And he trusts Lillard. Those yahoos on the GB don't know what Lillard is to this team and City. Olshey may not even feel inclined to move him at gunpoint.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#38 » by Case2012 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:49 am

Is Melo the Blazers best FA signing in 20 years? I REALLY hope he stays next year. Dame, CJ, Hood, Melo and Nurk plus whatever we get for Baze and Hassan at the deadline could be special (Love, Iggy???).
Instagram: @casetwelve
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#39 » by PDXKnight » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:50 am

Case2012 wrote:Is Melo the Blazers best FA signing in 20 years? I REALLY hope he stays next year. Dame, CJ, Hood, Melo and Nurk plus whatever we get for Baze and Hassan at the deadline could be special (Love, Iggy???).

Wait till the end of the season. Too easy to call him the best signing in 20 years
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#40 » by DusterBuster » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:51 am

Oden2 wrote:I’ll be honest yes I’m happy with melo’s production but I also don’t expect him to shoot like this indefinitely & think we are all due a reality check here

He's gonna have bad games. All players do. He had a stinker in Cleveland for sure. I think just keeping expectations fairly low has really made me pretty happy with what we're seeing. I fully expect him to have some awful shooting nights, but he'll also have these types of games too.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers