ImageImage

Game 32: Portland vs Utah 7:30 TNT

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,519

Re: Game 32: Portland vs Utah 7:30 TNT 

Post#41 » by zzaj » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Oden2 wrote:Don’t get me wrong I appreciate the rebounds and points but how does little have zero assists? Ideally he can dish out at least 2-3 a night

Hmm...you must mean Simons?

Little almost certainly isn’t tasked with any kind of facilitation duties with the Blazers.

If you meant Simons, at this stage of his career getting ANYTHING consistent from him should be counted as a bonus. Right now his role is the second PG, which he’s not very good at. Any of us not named Olshey probably could have guessed that. Time will tell if he can expand into more than an “instant points” type player.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#42 » by PDXKnight » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:56 pm

zzaj wrote:
Oden2 wrote:Don’t get me wrong I appreciate the rebounds and points but how does little have zero assists? Ideally he can dish out at least 2-3 a night

Hmm...you must mean Simons?

Little almost certainly isn’t tasked with any kind of facilitation duties with the Blazers.

If you meant Simons, at this stage of his career getting ANYTHING consistent from him should be counted as a bonus. Right now his role is the second PG, which he’s not very good at. Any of us not named Olshey probably could have guessed that. Time will tell if he can expand into more than an “instant points” type player.

Yes simons
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#43 » by d-train » Sun Jan 5, 2020 6:55 pm

Fitz303 wrote:
d-train wrote:
JRoy wrote:CJ doesn’t bring anything else when he isn’t hitting shots.

Only if you don't count his great defense against Jazz best scorer.

You're mistaking Bazemore for McCollum. Go back and watch the 1st quarter again. When Bazemore was on Mitchell and CJ was supposed to be defending Ingles, while Ingles went off from the 3 point line

I rewatched the 1st quarter Friday night. CJ played great defense against Ingles. Every shot Ingles got was off of screens or multiple screens and Blazers decided not to help the screened player. CJ's job after being screened was to go over the screen and limit the time Ingles had to shoot, which he did very well. In some cases, he did it so well it took multiple screen to get Ingles an open shot. Basically, if the screener's man doesn't show, the shooter is almost guaranteed an open shot.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers