From Now to the All-Star Break

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Re: From Now to the All-Star Break 

Post#41 » by d-train » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Norm2953 wrote:
GEE wrote:I agree with you on this one Epicurus. I too am not in the "We have to move those assets" camp. I think the smart move now, is to look at next years opening day roster. Try to convince Whiteside to re-sign with us on a fair deal, and let Baze pretty much walk. Save some money, and build on Nurk, Whiteside, Collins, Skal, Hood, CJ, Simons and Dame.

With that said, I would like Olshey to find us another diamond in the rough SF, consider trading CJ if it brings back two more Rodney Hoods, and be looking hard around the league for upgrades in the coaching staff.

As for the rest of this year... Just play the pups. I want to see a heavy dose of Simons, Little, Hoard AND MOSES. Trent, not so much.

Whiteside is going to get paid in a mediocre free agent market. Coming off a bad 2019-20 season and a very likely
possibility of playing behind Nurk, he's going to get more than MLE money elsewhere from a team he thinks has a
better chance to win.

Portland's task for the rest of the season is to fully evaluate Little, Hoard and Brown to see if they fit in their plans for
next season. Even with Nurkic and Collins coming back, they need at least two more quallity front court bodies up
front for Hood is going to be out for some time with his torn Achillies. Hopefully they can find a decent player either
via trade or using their cap space for their best move would likely be to add a solid veteran player on a decent contract
and groom one of the young players they have now or the guy they will get with their late lottery pick.

There isn't really cap room beyond standard exceptions unless you like the cap space we have to resign Whiteside and Bazemore.

Marcus Morris is a potential player to chase in the trade market around the deadline. He's not going to be waived like Kanter was, but Knicks will trade him if you are willing to give up a future asset.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Re: From Now to the All-Star Break 

Post#42 » by Goldbum » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:49 am

I don’t think we can get him, but the guy I would love to get a hold of is T. Craig...
I imagine it would require a 3 team deal, I just don’t know what kinda of package it would take and how to make it happen.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed

Return to Portland Trail Blazers