ImageImage

Marquese Chriss??

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

realboredcactus
Ballboy
And1: 3

Marquese Chriss?? 

Post#1 » by realboredcactus » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:15 pm

With the lack of big men depth and the fact that Chriss was just waived, should Portland try to snag him on a 10-day?

I know he has had a shaky start to his NBA career, but he is big, has some talent and played well for the Warriors this year.

I think when Skal is back he would still be able to fit in short minutes, but the 10-day gets Portland a good look at him.

Stats: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/chrisma01.html
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Re: Marquese Chriss?? 

Post#2 » by Goldbum » Tue Jan 7, 2020 10:17 pm

Yes. I would take Chriss... anybody heard anything else about Skal?
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#3 » by Soulyss » Tue Jan 7, 2020 11:45 pm

Goldbum wrote:Yes. I would take Chriss... anybody heard anything else about Skal?

If Chriss is the answer, you probably are asking the wrong question.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,355

Post#4 » by JRoy » Wed Jan 8, 2020 1:45 am

At this point almost anything that keeps Tolliver and Hezonja off the floor.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#5 » by d-train » Wed Jan 8, 2020 10:25 am

I like Tolliver and Hezonja. I don't want Chriss.
Goldbum
Analyst

Post#6 » by Goldbum » Wed Jan 8, 2020 12:59 pm

d-train wrote:I like Tolliver and Hezonja. I don't want Chriss.

Herzonja has been playing okay, but Tolliver? People here have talked about bringing in G-League players. I take Chriss over any of them. He’s still got potential, size, and athleticism that we lack.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#7 » by Dame Lizard » Wed Jan 8, 2020 1:56 pm

I don't want us to go anywhere near Chriss. He's such a punk.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#8 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jan 8, 2020 3:39 pm

Chriss is basically a half wit version of Skal. Dude isn't worth the potential baggage he carries.

He just got cut by the worst team in the league, a team that kept a dime-a-dozen swing guy over him when they have a dozen dime-a-dozen swing guys already. That's telling.
d-train
RealGM

Post#9 » by d-train » Wed Jan 8, 2020 3:47 pm

Goldbum wrote:

Herzonja has been playing okay, but Tolliver? People here have talked about bringing in G-League players. I take Chriss over any of them. He’s still got potential, size, and athleticism that we lack.

Tolliver knows how to play. I'll take that over a guy with more talent who can't play dead.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,461

Post#10 » by Pattycakes » Thu Jan 9, 2020 12:43 am

Absolute knucklehead in the purest sense. Even a 20/10 season he isn’t worth it. Then you realize he’s more like 10/6 kinda ceiling and it’s pretty easy.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#11 » by DaVoiceMaster » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:11 pm

d-train wrote:
Goldbum wrote:

Tolliver knows how to play. I'll take that over a guy with more talent who can't play dead.

Knowing how to play and actually doing it are two very different things. Tolliver is not the special player you make him out to be. He's been a journeyman, playing for something like 12 teams so he's done enough to hang around, but he's at the end of his career and if the team has a need for a roster spot, don't be surprised to see him waived. He doesn't cost much so that's good, but there is no bandwagon for Tolliver.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
d-train
RealGM

Post#12 » by d-train » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:26 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:
d-train wrote:
Goldbum wrote:Herzonja has been playing okay, but Tolliver? People here have talked about bringing in G-League players. I take Chriss over any of them. He’s still got potential, size, and athleticism that we lack.

Knowing how to play and actually doing it are two very different things. Tolliver is not the special player you make him out to be. He's been a journeyman, playing for something like 12 teams so he's done enough to hang around, but he's at the end of his career and if the team has a need for a roster spot, don't be surprised to see him waived. He doesn't cost much so that's good, but there is no bandwagon for Tolliver.

He hasn't shot well and you could be right about his age. His shooting woes could be the result of his old legs. Overall, I think Tolliver has been great. He wasn't expected to be a regular player. He was supposed to be a spot player and a coach on the floor. He has been terrific leading our team defense in spots. He's not Bill Russell or Bill Walton. He plays terrific positional defence and he is an example to his teammates on how to work and communicate.
Goldbum
Analyst

Post#13 » by Goldbum » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:31 am

I always liked Ivan Rabb. He was just cut and if I remember right he has a relationship with Dame. If we could move Bazemore and Tolliver for a minor piece and a player we could cut without major salary issues I would probably look into taking a flier on the young guy.
d-train
RealGM

Post#14 » by d-train » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:16 am

Goldbum wrote:I always liked Ivan Rabb. He was just cut and if I remember right he has a relationship with Dame. If we could move Bazemore and Tolliver for a minor piece and a player we could cut without major salary issues I would probably look into taking a flier on the young guy.

We wouldn't need to do anything except add him to the roster. The only impediment is we don't want him.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers