All these options are bad
No votes

Total votes: 23

Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 985

Re: Trevor Ariza 

Post#41 » by Village Idiot » Tue Jul 7, 2020 8:00 am

I've been thinking a bit more about Ariza and the specifics of the timing of this.

I haven't been able to find any 1st hand statements from Ariza but here's what we know:

"Portland Trail Blazers forward Trevor Ariza is opting-out of participation in the NBA’s Orlando restart of the season, committing instead to a one-month visitation window with his young son, sources tell ESPN."

And that's it. So he has a one month visitation window with his son. I haven't been able to determine how old that son. I also haven't been able to determine when that one month window is. If he's school age and in LA he is probably back at school in mid-August

JULY
07 - 09 Teams Travel to Orlando
09 - 29Team Training Camps and Scrimmages
30 Season Resumes with Seeding Games

AUGUST
15 - 16Play-In Games
17 Playoffs begin

So depending on when that visitation window is and whether the Blazers make the playoffs, isn't it possible Ariza could join us for the playoffs? It looks like it is entirely possible to join the team at a later date. With Swanigan opting out we also have a roster spot
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Dan G.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 876

Post#42 » by d-train » Tue Jul 7, 2020 9:48 am

My understanding is that his kid is 12 years old. I can't say how good the source of that information is. I don't know how schools in LA work, but most places kids don't have school in August. School starts in September, I believe.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 985

Post#43 » by Village Idiot » Tue Jul 7, 2020 10:21 am

California schools usually begin mid August. If it is any indication LA city public schools are scheduled to begin the school year August 18th
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Dan G.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 6,277

Post#44 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Jul 7, 2020 7:21 pm

d-train wrote:My understanding is that his kid is 12 years old. I can't say how good the source of that information is. I don't know how schools in LA work, but most places kids don't have school in August. School starts in September, I believe.

You are remarkably wrong.

A significant portion of the country starts school in August and gets out in May due to weather, whether that be extremely hot and/or muggy places and areas with worries over winter storms.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers