Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Re: Plaoffs Game 1 Rd 1 Portland vs LA 6:00pm TNT 

Post#141 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:Chris Webber is a horrible announcer. That guy was talking about something and then did a 180 without even taking a breath. I don't recall what he was saying now though.

saying he's horrible may be too kind. Any time any announcer makes you think "Reggie Miller would be better" you've entered the 8th circle of hell

True, I actually dont listen to Reggie Miller because I cannot stand his voice so I couldn't tell you whether he knows what he's talking about. I would guess he doesn't, but I'll never know. Webber is just a clown. He'll start off on one side of the fence and before he finishes talking, he's switch to the other side of the fence. That 5th foul on Nurkic, he's talking about Howard fouling Nurkic, even on the replay he's saying that's a foul on Howard until Nurkic hits his hand away. Suddenly, he's saying you cant do that. That's a good call. Wait, what happened to the foul on Howard before Nurkic hits his hand away? And when did howard become a great center? I dont think he's been a great center for like 8+ years. Loved the no call when LeBron shoved Whiteside 10 feet so someone else could get the rebound, then goes down and draws the touch foul on the other end of the court.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#142 » by monopoman » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:21 am

DaVoiceMaster wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:Chris Webber is a horrible announcer. That guy was talking about something and then did a 180 without even taking a breath. I don't recall what he was saying now though.

saying he's horrible may be too kind. Any time any announcer makes you think "Reggie Miller would be better" you've entered the 8th circle of hell

True, I actually dont listen to Reggie Miller because I cannot stand his voice so I couldn't tell you whether he knows what he's talking about. I would guess he doesn't, but I'll never know. Webber is just a clown. He'll start off on one side of the fence and before he finishes talking, he's switch to the other side of the fence. That 5th foul on Nurkic, he's talking about Howard fouling Nurkic, even on the replay he's saying that's a foul on Howard until Nurkic hits his hand away. Suddenly, he's saying you cant do that. That's a good call. Wait, what happened to the foul on Howard before Nurkic hits his hand away? And when did howard become a great center? I dont think he's been a great center for like 8+ years. Loved the no call when LeBron shoved Whiteside 10 feet so someone else could get the rebound, then goes down and draws the touch foul on the other end of the court.

Chris Webber still living in the past, Howard is at best a meh backup C he is nowhere near what he was back in the late 00's.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#143 » by d-train » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:59 pm

The score bailed the announcers out this game. The Blazers were ahead most of the game. I guarantee you, had Blazers trailed in the score as the Lakers did most of the game, we would have heard nothing from announcers other than how bad Blazers ball movement is.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers