Blazers20
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Blazers trade their 2020 picks idea 

Post#1 » by Blazers20 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 9:45 pm

BRK: Simons-2020 2nd round pick
CHI: Collins-Little-2020 1st round pick
POR: Allen-Markannen

Nets make the move because they have plenty of bigs in Claxton, Jordan and KD. They receive a combo guard they can develop and also get a 2nd rounder on a non guaranteed contract.

Bulls don’t want to pay Lauri so they trade him for 2 young prospects and a 1st rounder.

Blazers get an upgrade at the 4 and an upgrade at the backup 5: Allen is a good rim protector and a good young asset.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Re: Blazers trade their 2020 picks idea 

Post#2 » by Soulyss » Wed Oct 7, 2020 9:53 pm

I really like the idea of Markannen if you can get a defensive minded backup center. Unfortunately BRK will value Allen WAAAAY more than Simons and a 2nd. I also don't think Chicago will move on from Markannen with the new front office and coach, they will give them a year to figure him out.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,876

Post#3 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:14 pm

Ya, Chicago with new management and coach isnt selling low on Lauri. I would move a ton to get him, but its just not in the cards.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#4 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:37 pm

This deal seems too good for Portland.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,524

Post#5 » by zzaj » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:01 am

I don't understand the fascination with Lauri...scratch that, yes I understand why somebody would be interested in his "type" of player. But I've watched a lot of him and did a ton of my own scouting for that draft. I've always come away with the feeling that he doesn't have that "it" factor that could help him become a dominant NBA player. He looks shook half the time he's on the court. The last couple games I've watched in person, last year and at the beginning of this year he looked like a completely broken player.

All that being said, I'd consider it. I don't really value any of those "assets" in the trade very strongly. I do believe that Collins will be a better NBA player than he has shown so far.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#6 » by GEE » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:43 am

Trying to grab a Kelly Oubre Jr. or a Kyle Kuzma type seems like a good option if possible. There are a few other young-ish, long and athletic SFs that are stashed around the league. Maybe Olshey can find the right one using the pick and TPE. Maybe adding a player would be needed, but a rookie won't likely help us much.

Wouldn't be the big sexy move, but might be the right one.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,876

Post#7 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Trying to grab a Kelly Oubre Jr. or a Kyle Kuzma type seems like a good option if possible. There are a few other young-ish, long and athletic SFs that are stashed around the league. Maybe Olshey can find the right one using the pick and TPE. Maybe adding a player would be needed, but a rookie won't likely help us much.

They are both up for new contracts next summer, if we do make a move for one or the other it needs to have ZC or GTJ going out as they are also up for paydays. We cant afford to resign all three, possibly even 2/3.

We sorta need to keep our FRP since it gives us a guy locked in cheap for 4 years, unless we can find a guy locked up for at the absolute minimum 2 years.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#8 » by JasonStern » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:13 pm

I like Lauri Markkanen. I think he'd be a great addition. Not perfect in a Giannis Antetokounmpo sense. But far more realistic as a potential addition.

I agree that the Bulls aren't as likely to sell low with Marc Eversley taking over. But I don't think that makes Markkanen as untouchable as people think. Just depends on the direction they want to go. The big problem is, at 23, he's young enough that you could still keep around if the goal is a rebuild. Trading our scraps isn't likely to get a deal done. But I could see something like Trent+#16 happening if the Bulls believe that Trent's bubble run wasn't a fluke and new management either has someone they like at #16 or wants to try to move into the top 3 and needs an asset.

Kuzma would be a solid addition, but trading him makes little sense from L.A.'s standpoint. The Lakers are in full win-now mode. Trading Kuzma for a draft pick does not help them capitalize on LeBron's prime.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups

Return to Portland Trail Blazers