ImageImage

Joe Harris?

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,594

Joe Harris? 

Post#1 » by NYG » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:35 am

Would Portland have interest in a Joe Harris sign and trade?

I'm a neutral fan, but I'm trying to work on a deal where Brooklyn gets a star, Joe Harris goes to a third team via sign and trade and Brooklyn uses the assets from the sign and trade with Jarrett Allen and filler to a third team for a third guy to go with Kyrie and KD.

Portland seems like a solid fit for Harris, but maybe I'm wrong? Figured you guys would know better.

If so... what would you add to a Trevor Ariza and Rodney Hood for Joe Harris (3 years/$45 Million) sign and trade?
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Re: Joe Harris? 

Post#2 » by d-train » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:02 am

Blazers would take Joe Harris. We wouldn't trade more than Ariza. Maybe we would throw in a 2nd round pick since you would be saving us $1.8M in dead money.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#3 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:11 am

Joe Harris is about to get paid, and he would be awesome for any team really, anyone can find minutes for a shooter like him.

However Portland will probably not be the ones to offer the Nets the best package. With CJ locked in long-term Harris only has a ceiling as a bench player here (I don't think he can defend the kind of starting SFs he needs to in the west) and Portland has Trent Jr developing nicely as a bench SG, while he isn't as good as Harris yet but he is better bang for the buck.

So I would find a team that can use an elite 3 point shooting guard in the starting line up (Philly maybe?) to give the best valued package as Portland is kind of covered on that front and maybe even has too much money/assets invested likewise.

Of course if you have a 4 team deal that sends CJ somewhere for good value (Tobias Harris+?) then Portland could use Harris again, but I'm not sure how complicated and convoluted you want to get. In that scenario I would probably offer #16 and see where that gets us.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#4 » by Village Idiot » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:55 am

If Hood is healthy again I don't really see the need for Harris considering he is a very similar player. Both are great shooters but don't provide much else. Positionally we also have Gary Trent Jr. who is a similar size to Harris but is a more tenacious defender. It remains to be seen if Trent will be a consistently good shooter but his form looks great and we all know how hard he works on his game. If Hood isn't healthy then I would certainly look at Harris.

I have to wonder how eager the Nets are to retain him and how welcome he feels there considering Kyrie omitted him from his core player comments last season. I believe the Nets will be well above a probably luxury tax limit of $120-130 million even without Harris so signing and trading him would both hard-cap them and put them deep into the luxury tax. That means the Nets options are either to sign Harris and keep him (knowing that a $10 million salary probably incurs another $15 million in tax) Is Harris worth $25 million to them? Probably not. I think it is much more likely they let him walk.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#5 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:53 pm

Harris would be good to have on the team if the price isn't too steep, but like has been mentioned, we have these other players that may need to be moved, primarily Trent Jr. If he can give you the same scoring/stats as Harris, it's a no brainer to keep Trent Jr. I'd make that deal at the last trade deadline, but I'm not ready to make that deal now. I'm not entirely sold on Trent Jr just yet, but am willing to give him the opportunity to show me. Now, if you have a PF, I would definitely entertain an offer that allows the Blazers to move Zach Collins.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,876

Post#6 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:52 pm

If we had a follow up move that turned GTJ and other assets into a clear, young'ish upgrade at either forward spot I would make a move for Joe.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#7 » by GEE » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:34 am

No Thanks. Sexy move yes, but he's gonna get paid and I don't think Portland can afford him.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers