Any Rumors

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 309

Re: Any Rumors 

Post#21 » by HoopsFanAZ » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:07 pm

OKC begins the tank.
Free Steven Adams to a good team in the East. At least he only has a year left of his $$$ contract.
CP3 should be next out the door. They need more losses.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#22 » by GEE » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:33 pm

HoopsFanAZ wrote:OKC begins the tank.
Free Steven Adams to a good team in the East. At least he only has a year left of his $$$ contract.
CP3 should be next out the door. They need more losses.

What if CP3 wanted to go to Philly? We could help with that.

Thunder trade: CP3
Blazers trade: CJ & TPE
Sixers trade: Harris & Scott

Thunder get: CJ & TPE
Blazers get: Harris & Scott
Sixers get: CP3

Picks and/or filler could be added.
GEE
Starter

Post#23 » by GEE » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:46 pm

Or swap CJ (preferably) with: Simons / Little / Ariza(or)Mario / TPE / PICK/S
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#24 » by d-train » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:22 pm

CJ for Harris, no way. I would rather have CP3 than Harris. Not saying I would trade CJ for 35 year old CP3, but at least the trade would add capabilities with CP3's playmaking and game management skills.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#25 » by Norm2953 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:28 pm

Should be a wild few days prior to the draft followed with NBA free agency.

It does make one wonder if James Harden finds a way to end up in Brooklyn and Westbrook will
indeed break up that team for one can really see NO going into overdrive to get Covington. Not
an original thought but with Harden talking openly of wanting to go to Brooklyn to be with
Durant and Irving (do they have enough basketballs?) makes it seem likely Portland will have to
be active if Dame decides its time for him to go elsewhere, perhaps next summer.
GEE
Starter

Post#26 » by GEE » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:43 am

I hope we could help as a third team in a Westbrick or Harden trade. Could be our best chance at getting a difference maker at SF, without giving up much. Same with the CP3 situation.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#27 » by monopoman » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:28 am

I think we will see most teams looking to save money this season, now one or two might be willing to take on salary, but with Covid I can bet we will see a good number of teams looking to reduce salary.

This might be a good time for the Blazers to look at especially cheap owners and try to make a trade that might only be made under the Covid circumstance.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#28 » by JasonStern » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:07 pm

Pretty quiet on the Blazers rumor front, but one anonymous sauce has confirmed that the Blazers are pretty happy with the roster they have. Look, the team was top three in games missed by key players. And yet we managed to make the 8th seed in a very difficult Western Conference. This is a team that, just a year ago, played in the Western Conference Finals. And now we got Nurkić back. Collins should hopefully be ready to go. Hood looks promising. This isn't the type of roster you need to make sweeping changes to. If a deal presents itself, then obviously we'll listen. But we're not going to make a move just to make a move. Most people don't know this, but we have one of the youngest rosters in the league. So to be this competitive at this stage is really impressive.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
d-train
RealGM

Post#29 » by d-train » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:20 pm

JasonStern wrote:Pretty quiet on the Blazers rumor front, but one anonymous sauce has confirmed that the Blazers are pretty happy with the roster they have. Look, the team was top three in games missed by key players. And yet we managed to make the 8th seed in a very difficult Western Conference. This is a team that, just a year ago, played in the Western Conference Finals. And now we got Nurkić back. Collins should hopefully be ready to go. Hood looks promising. This isn't the type of roster you need to make sweeping changes to. If a deal presents itself, then obviously we'll listen. But we're not going to make a move just to make a move. Most people don't know this, but we have one of the youngest rosters in the league. So to be this competitive at this stage is really impressive.

Is anounomous sauce the new secret sauce?
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#30 » by JasonStern » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:24 pm

d-train wrote:
JasonStern wrote:Pretty quiet on the Blazers rumor front, but one anonymous sauce has confirmed that the Blazers are pretty happy with the roster they have. Look, the team was top three in games missed by key players. And yet we managed to make the 8th seed in a very difficult Western Conference. This is a team that, just a year ago, played in the Western Conference Finals. And now we got Nurkić back. Collins should hopefully be ready to go. Hood looks promising. This isn't the type of roster you need to make sweeping changes to. If a deal presents itself, then obviously we'll listen. But we're not going to make a move just to make a move. Most people don't know this, but we have one of the youngest rosters in the league. So to be this competitive at this stage is really impressive.

Is anounomous sauce the new secret sauce?

Seems pretty definitive to ESPN.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#31 » by Case2012 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:33 pm

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Instagram: @casetwelve
d-train
RealGM

Post#32 » by d-train » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:33 pm

You need 15 sauces to confirm each other or you have no spaghetti
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#33 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:57 pm

Linked to Millsap... He's so old but he might still be the best player available to us for the MLE. Although he is trending more toward being a backup center in his old age and we really need more help at SF. Yikes an Ariza/Millsap forward combo is soooooo old.

One other thought, if we are sniffing around Millsap it would hint that Carmelo may not be returning.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#34 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:59 am

Just playing around...

Plan A

Ariza, Simon's, Little, & Hezonja to Houston for Covington, Tucker, & McLemore. Houston gets young talent in Simon's & Little.

S&T Whiteside for 1 year, $12 million (I think you can ungaurantee the remaining 2 years... correct me if that is wrong) for S&T Gallinari, 3 year $45 million with a team option 4th year. There needs to be additional compensation, but I dont think you can trade anyone/anything with the player in a S&T. I would also send the max amount of cash, $5.6 million or so to help cover Whitesides salary. To encourage OKC to do the deal, I would swap Trent Jr with a player of their choice or draft pick, etc.

CJ, Hood, #16, 2022 pick for Holiday & Miller.

Resign Melo and Gabriel.

Lillard
Holiday / McLemore
Covington / Anthony
Gallinari / Tucker / Gabriel
Nurkic / Collins

Portland still has the Bazemore trade exception and the MLE to add a backup SF and PG, as well as a few extra players. Could the Blazers use the Layman trade exception to sign Napier? The Blazers need to add another big man just in case Nurkic or Collins goes down again. I dont know who that would be though.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#35 » by donkeylips » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:29 am

DaVoiceMaster wrote:Just playing around...

Ariza, Simon's, Lillard, & Hezonja to Houston for Covington, Tucker, & McLemore. Houston gets young talent in Simon's & Little.

scared me there for a bit then i realized you meant little
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 309

Post#36 » by HoopsFanAZ » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:30 am

#FreeStevenAdams
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:22 am

donkeylips wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:Just playing around...

Ariza, Simon's, Lillard, & Hezonja to Houston for Covington, Tucker, & McLemore. Houston gets young talent in Simon's & Little.

scared me there for a bit then i realized you meant little

Dang, scared myself when I read your post. Yikes! Thanks for pointing that out. Dunno how it happened, but I fixed it.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:24 am

:)
HoopsFanAZ wrote:#FreeStevenAdams

Hahaha, I considered adding him to the mix with a really big Whiteside S&T, but I dont think he would be happy coming off the bench and that's just too much money for a backup.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#39 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:39 am

DaVoiceMaster wrote::)
HoopsFanAZ wrote:#FreeStevenAdams

Hahaha, I considered adding him to the mix with a really big Whiteside S&T, but I dont think he would be happy coming off the bench and that's just too much money for a backup.

There isn’t a starter in the league that would be more chill about coming off the bench. Adams is the ultimate team player. Still his contract is absurd.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:00 am

Plan B

Houston sends Harden to Brooklyn and part of the return package gets diverted to Portland. Essentially, Portland trades everyone except Lillard, McCollum, and Nurkic to Houston and receives Covington, Tucker, McLemore, Dinwiddie and a side deal with a S&T Whiteside for Lavert. Toss in this years pick and a future pickn then sign Favors for the MLE. Resign Melo and Gabriel.

Lillard / Dinwiddie
McCollum / McLemore
Lavert / Anthony
Covington / Tucker / Gabriel
Nurkic / Favors

Not sure how to turn McCollum into Holiday after all that.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018

Return to Portland Trail Blazers