ImageImage

Rodney Hood opts out

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,960

Re: Rodney Hood opts out 

Post#81 » by DusterBuster » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:30 am

I’m keeping an eye on Jaymichal Green (spelling wrong), Blazers showed previous interest in him. That’s assuming they can’t swing big for Millsap.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#82 » by PDXKnight » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:31 am

DusterBuster wrote:Blazers quietly having a nice offseason. Basically bringing back the WCF squad from 18/19 while replacing Aminu with RoCo is a move I’ll take every day... plus still a MLE to work with. If they can get Millsap, this will be a strong strong squad of everyone stays healthy.

I kinda think we see Covington as a Pf based on our history of using small PF’s. I would suspect crowder would be our top target
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#83 » by d-train » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:38 am

dunlop212 wrote:> Pretty hard to prove that stuff if the only people that have direct knowledge of it are Rodney Hood and Neil Olshey. Very easy to keep something like that a secret, when only two people on earth know it ever happened.

... and Hood's agent. That's three people with a potential axe to grind somewhere down the road, or to mouth off to the wrong person after drinking too much. I suspect that any "promises" were of a very general nature.

Isn't that how TPups got caught and ruined their franchise? Larry Smith fired his agent so the agent ratted Smith and the TPups out.

Edit: It isn't worth it.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,960

Post#84 » by DusterBuster » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:47 am

Oden2 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Blazers quietly having a nice offseason. Basically bringing back the WCF squad from 18/19 while replacing Aminu with RoCo is a move I’ll take every day... plus still a MLE to work with. If they can get Millsap, this will be a strong strong squad of everyone stays healthy.

I kinda think we see Covington as a Pf based on our history of using small PF’s. I would suspect crowder would be our top target

Aminu was the Blazers PF for those teams. I always considered Harkless the 3, but admittedly, they were pretty interchangble. PF's and SF's are basically the same thing in today's NBA.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
d-train
RealGM

Post#85 » by d-train » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:55 am

Aminu played PF here but his floor game is better than Harkless's. They were both PF's in skillset inside a SF body.
d-train
RealGM

Post#86 » by d-train » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:58 am

Melo has one of the best floor games. Melo has SF skillset in a PF body.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#87 » by GEE » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:30 am

A GM having a handshake deal like this one, doesn't seem unheard of to me. Maybe it's never happened, but would it surprise anyone, considering how tight to the vest Olshey has been? It's really no different than a GM making a player a draft promise in that, it's a deal based on trust and honor.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,459

Post#88 » by Pattycakes » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:19 am

d-train wrote:
dunlop212 wrote:> Pretty hard to prove that stuff if the only people that have direct knowledge of it are Rodney Hood and Neil Olshey. Very easy to keep something like that a secret, when only two people on earth know it ever happened.

... and Hood's agent. That's three people with a potential axe to grind somewhere down the road, or to mouth off to the wrong person after drinking too much. I suspect that any "promises" were of a very general nature.

Isn't that how TPups got caught and ruined their franchise? Larry Smith fired his agent so the agent ratted Smith and the TPups out.

I've been more or less mummified on this board the last 4-5 years, there was a Pupgate?!? :cry:
d-train
RealGM

Post#89 » by d-train » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:22 am

Pattycakes wrote:
d-train wrote:

I've been more or less mummified on this board the last 4-5 years, there was a Pupgate?!? :cry:

Many years ago
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,459

Post#90 » by Pattycakes » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:29 am

d-train wrote:
Pattycakes wrote:
d-train wrote:Isn't that how TPups got caught and ruined their franchise? Larry Smith fired his agent so the agent ratted Smith and the TPups out.

Many years ago

OHHH YOU mean the Wolves. Ok. I'm an idiot, I thought you were referring to the guy who always had the inside scoop, our "Woj" if you will. Thought he was TBPup or something really close.
d-train
RealGM

Post#91 » by d-train » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:46 am

Pattycakes wrote:
d-train wrote:
Pattycakes wrote:

Many years ago

OHHH YOU mean the Wolves. Ok. I'm an idiot, I thought you were referring to the guy who always had the inside scoop, our "Woj" if you will. Thought he was TBPup or something really close.

Oh, no. I have always called Wolves the TPups. A lot of people here used to call them that.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers