Jamal Crawford said our pick was cool.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Re: Cj Elleby 

Post#22 » by d-train » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:12 pm

Elleby is from Seattle. He's one of Crawford's boys.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,519

Re: Cj Elleby 

Post#23 » by zzaj » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:08 am

Norm2953 wrote:
zzaj wrote:I’d be lying if I said I watched anything other than a couple of highlight vids.

Let’s hope he turns into Ime Udoka, because those poor shot selection “highlights” looked more like Mario on a bad night than anything that will ever help an NBA team.

I’m convinced Olshey drafted him just so announcers can talk about, “CJ to CJ” unnecessarily for minutes on end.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this might just rival 2000 and 2013 as the worst drafts I’ve ever seen, since I started watching them.

That 2000 draft was indeed the worst draft class but 2013 with the Freak was not a bad draft. Anthony Bennett who went first
was a bust but certainly with Oladipo, Otto Porter, CJ, Stephen Adams, Gobert in addition to the Freak is a good draft and I remember
the draft discussions on this board centered on CJ, Adams and the Freak and I remember a lot of anguish when when Gobert went
towards the end of the first round

Sure, I meant mostly at the top of the draft. Giannis was a long shot and Gobert was mostly written off as a stiff after Summer League.

I wanted Gobert, Adams, CJ, in that order. The Blazers needed a C pretty badly.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers