Preseason game 1 Portland vs Sacramento 7:30pm ESPN/SNW

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Re: Preseason game 1 Portland vs Sacramento 7:30pm ESPN/SNW 

Post#41 » by Blazinaway » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:03 pm

monopoman wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:Let's wait to see if Giles can stay healthy for going back to his HS days when he was at one time considered the
best HS player in the country, nobody ever doubted his talent but he's never been able to stay healthy. The
kings who know him well, felt his injury risk was too great to pick up his option.

Just watching him on the court he has the tools to be an incredible NBA player, you can clearly see this in what he was showing tonight on both ends.

and for those who said he lost his athleticism due to injuries I can't imagine how athletic he must have been before those injuries! the guy has talent and can ball - can he stay healthy?
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#42 » by Goldbum » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:10 pm

CJ2 looked brutal om offense. His size D and activity was encouraging. If he can reconstruct his shot and handle he could be another 2nd round steal.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Post#43 » by MarxyLebronist » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:03 pm

That was very exciting to watch- sure it was the lowly Kings, always running in place, but the Blazers will perhaps be the highest scoring team in the league AND have some really excellent new defenders added to the mix. Seeing Giles III tear it up and let Luke Walton and them know what they're missing was awesome. It's so good to see guys with passion and heart out there having fun, working together. I'm really excited about the Blazers this year.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#44 » by JasonStern » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:20 pm

My wife caught me bashing Hezonja on here last night and jealously asked who I was texting. Rather than even trying to explain, I just said "a girl".
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#45 » by d-train » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:19 pm

I thought Kings were more bad than Blazers were good.

The key to Giles getting consistent PT is him working hard and playing great help defense. That's what the players ahead of him will do and that is what Stotts wants.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#46 » by monopoman » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:58 pm

d-train wrote:I thought Kings were more bad than Blazers were good.

The key to Giles getting consistent PT is him working hard and playing great help defense. That's what the players ahead of him will do and that is what Stotts wants.

The Kings defense was not impressive but if this team truly has a bunch of weapons offensively on the court it's going to make guarding the Blazers very difficult.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers