Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

BNM
Analyst
And1: 4,198

Re: Game 3: Portland vs LA Lakers 7:00pm SNW/NBATV 

Post#101 » by BNM » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:10 am

monopoman wrote:
BNM wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:Kanter is the unsung hero. He has been excellent so far and man did I miss him. I take his game over Hassan 10/10 times. While neither put up good APG numbers, it just seems like Kanter is such a better team player. Really happy to have him back and I think we can take credit for willing that TPE move into existence lol

I agree 100% on Kanter. Because of his defensive limitations, he's not starting center material, but he's a damn fine back up. Unlike Hassan, he understands his limitations and plays his role and gets the most out of his strengths. You will never see Enes Kanter pout over a lack of touches or coming off the bench. You will also never see him coast or take plays off. He plays hard, even when hurt.

Whiteside is the master of grabbing uncontested rebounds, Kanter is the opposite. He is the master of contested rebounds. It seems like whenever you see 5 or 6 players fighting for a rebound, Enes is the one who always seems to come out the the scrum with the ball. He is one of the best offensive rebounders in the history of the game, which he has a knack for converting to 2nd chance points.

For all the talk about how the Lakers "won the offseason", last night POR's bench outscored LAL's bench 45-23 and outrebounded them 18-10, and they did it in 65 cumulative minutes to LAL's 75. Kanter owned Harrell, putting up 12/14 in 22 minutes to Harrell's 9/6 in 27 minutes.

Typical LA stuff they overhype everything there, remember how we used to hear that Lonzo was going to be a superstar level player. They also love Kuzma and think he is a borderline all-star or something like that which is a complete joke. This stuff gets more play also because of the echo chamber of their large fan base.

Kanter > Harrell
Trent >> Kuzma

Kuzma is the worst kind of tweener. He lacks the size, strength and bulk to guard bigs and lacks the lateral quickness to guard wings. Plus he pretty much doesn't even try to guard anyone. With all the open looks he gets paying with LeBron and AD, he only shot .316 from 3-point range last season, which was actually an improvement on the .303 he shot the year before. He's a terrible rebounder for his size and position and a non-existent passer. He has shown zero improvement since his rookie season.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers