Game 10: Portland vs Toronto 7:00pm SNW

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,080

Re: Game 10: Portland vs Toronto 7:00pm SNW 

Post#21 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:20 pm

Not too much to be happy about the game, other than the outcome. I really didn't think they'd pull it out given the way they played all game long. CJ continues to try and make us like him and want to keep him. He seems to do it every year, but not typically this early in the season. If he can keep this up for the entire season, then maybe he is a keeper. Melo hit some key shots so he's trying to make us like him, as well. Not sure anyone else tried to make us like them though.

Lillard continues to struggle with his shot, although there was a lot of contact last night and very few whistles. He was clearly frustrated. Nurk being out sucks cuz I think he could have had a huge game against the Raptors. Loving the defense with Covington and DJJ, but hating the offense or lack of. We need more from those two guys if the Blazers want to get past the first round. Trent Jr didn't seem to be hitting last night from deep like he usually does, but I suppose everyone is entitled to a game off now and then. Hood is still trying to find his game. I was really hollering for Stotts to put Giles in the game rather than going so small with Melo at center, but then I was hollering to pull him out cuz he just didn't do squat.

Gotta admit, I had higher hopes for the team this year, but I may need to curb my enthusiasm based on what we've seen so far. I know it's an odd season, they didn't get much of a pre-season to figure out the new defense and work in the new players and they don't get a lot of practice time during the season with the schedule so I'm just not as into things this season. COVID is now affecting my joy for the game. This crap better be gone by next season!!!
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 534

Post#22 » by Goldbum » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Maybe last game was too close but I want to see more Nas and less Hood.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,221

Post#23 » by monopoman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:10 pm

Incredible come back by the Blazers here, in a game where they were missing a lot of shots they find a way to grind out a win. Melo was nearly unstoppable in the 4th quarter and had a few nice defensive plays. If this is the Melo we are getting then I don't have as much of a problem playing him at the end of the game.

Raptors had some good defensive plays but this Blazer team was missing a lot of wide open shots also. I think the Raptors are better then their record indicates, I would be very surprised if they don't make the playoffs in the East even with the slow start.

I also am extremely impressed with CJ's play this year, he is having his best season by a landslide if he can keep this up I can easily see two all-star nods for the Blazers.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers