ImageImage

Game 60 Portland vs Memphis 1:00pm SNW

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Re: Game 60 Portland vs Memphis 1:00pm SNW 

Post#61 » by Epicurus » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:35 am

I think it is easier to perform with no Dame than bad Dame. Those 27 shots he took tonight probably would missed less with his replacements or alternative taking them. But if Lillard is playing he is going to be using possessions. That has often worked better than hurt, but not lately (not just misses, but bad passes). The next remaining games he may just be good Dame and the Blazers, like nearly all teams, will be carried by their best player.
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#62 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:51 am

Epicurus wrote:I keep seeing writers saying Nurk had another fine game. Yes, the numbers are good, but going 5-12 from o-4 ft is awful for a seven foot starting center. He was much better the previous game for close, excepting the choke shot at the end.

a lot of shots were tip ins, like four or five, but i emember two missed easy layups
BlazersRizing
Assistant Coach
And1: 159

Post#63 » by BlazersRizing » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:32 pm

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
Epicurus wrote:I keep seeing writers saying Nurk had another fine game. Yes, the numbers are good, but going 5-12 from o-4 ft is awful for a seven foot starting center. He was much better the previous game for close, excepting the choke shot at the end.

a lot of shots were tip ins, like four or five, but i emember two missed easy layups

Idk what the #s say but just the eye test for me.. Nurk misses a **** ton of close shots. he's a guy I never assume the shot is going in unless hes dunking it
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,887

Post#64 » by JasonStern » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:42 pm

BlazersRizing wrote:
Dzon Dilindzer wrote:

Idk what the #s say but just the eye test for me.. Nurk misses a **** ton of close shots. he's a guy I never assume the shot is going in unless hes dunking it

Every time that Nurkić dunks, I always fear he's going to break his leg on the landing.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#65 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:44 pm

I'm looking forward to this offseason to see what changes the Blazers make. Stotts, I really appreciate your time here, but it's time to go and take the entire coaching staff with you. Olshey, I appreciate you drafting Lillard, but that's about the only bright spot you've had in Portland. Yes, CJ is a good player, but how many PG's does one team need? Trent Jr is looking like a decent player, but the jury is still out just a bit. He's a one trick pony at this point. I have hopes he will do well, but he's in Toronto now so it doesn't really matter. You had a quality team and let it disintegrate in front of your very eyes. CJ, I really like you as a player, but this team cannot survive with you as the #2 option and no defense. Nurkic... learn from Kanter how to score and quit with the stupid shots.

What could the Blazers reasonably get for McCollum and not RealGM value either. I am really tired of watching other teams move on the offensive end and get some easy buckets at the rim while the Blazers play iso ball while the other 4 players stand around and watch. I don't mind 3 point shots, but not the way the Blazers play. I am really ready for a different style from Stotts' offense. I'd give it one more go next season and break the bank to do so. If that doesn't work... fire sale everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am that fed up with what we are seeing this season.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 867

Post#66 » by Epicurus » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:49 am

Around 10% of Blazers offensive possessions are ISOs; 90% are not. That is the top or top 2 in the league for ISOs; but not remotely the only playtype used. Further the Blazers lead the league in points per possession from ISOs. Further still, in ISOs you want the other four to move away from the ball handler with minimal movement, so the ball handler knows where outlets may be if the ISO is thwarted. Even further, there seems no correlation between play style and points per possession for the game. Style depends upon the skills of the players to produce within it and not by being one style or another. I.e, is the style compatible for the available talent (and its differences between players), not is it congruent with fan preference. I understand criticism and blaming concerning the defense, but am continuously puzzled by such leveled at a usual top offense. ( see Nylon Calculus for an excellent break down of offensive styles and offensive efficiency).

Return to Portland Trail Blazers