ImageImage

Do you want the team's current funk to end?

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Poll ended at Sun May 2, 2021 9:46 pm

Yes. Try to get a ~6 seed and avoid the play-in. Hope the team gets hot in the playoffs.
36%
No. Retain a lottery pick in a deep draft. Let Stotts get fired, ideally Olshey, and maybe a CJ trade..?
55%
Completely indifferent/tuned out at this point.
9%

Total votes: 11

JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,872

Post#1 » by JasonStern » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:46 pm

Honestly curious what everyone's thoughts are.

This team, on paper, is talented enough to be a top 4 seed in the west. Certainly better than 29th in defense.

1 point losses against the Celtics, Clippers, and Nuggets are understandable but disappointing if you're expecting any post-season magic. Losing to weaker teams not so much.

For extended stretches, the play has been unwatchable and honestly embarrassing. I hate to be a fair weather fan, but that 44 point quarter against a depleted Hornet's team was *painful* to watch.

You can't blame CJ/Nurkić/Powell, but the team was at least competitive before their return/acquisition. Something is wrong.

We've been on the treadmill for years, and the treadmill is only going to solidify as Dame and CJ continue to take up more of the cap.

So what are you rooting for? This team to figure it out, or the team to fail bad enough that ownership has to force some change to occur.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Re: Do you want the team's current funk to end? 

Post#2 » by d-train » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:31 pm

No, I would like to see Blazers continue their recent improvement. The wins will come.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,872

Post#3 » by JasonStern » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:34 pm

d-train wrote:No, I would like to see Blazers continue their recent improvement. The wins will come.

I'll bite. What improvement? Team went from playing at a .600 pace to playing at a .200 pace.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#4 » by Case2012 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:53 pm

RETAIN LILLARD AND BLOW THIS MOFO UP. I want Chris Mcgowen, Olshey, And Stotts GONE. BUH BYE
Instagram: @casetwelve
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#5 » by d-train » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:56 pm

JasonStern wrote:
d-train wrote:No, I would like to see Blazers continue their recent improvement. The wins will come.

I'll bite. What improvement? Team went from playing at a .600 pace to playing at a .200 pace.

The team defense is better. We are attacking the rim with more players and improving our shot quality. Our execution is better. We are playing a better brand of basketball that so far hasn't translated into wins. I am happy about the change and believe wins will eventually come.

Edit: I am watching the games and am less worried about the scores. I would like to get wins. I thought many of our wins this year came while we did not play well. The objective should be to get this team prepared to win a series against a good team. That will never happen the way we played many of the games that we won this season.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,326

Post#6 » by Wizenheimer » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:08 am

Case2012 wrote:RETAIN LILLARD AND BLOW THIS MOFO UP. I want Chris Mcgowen, Olshey, And Stotts GONE. BUH BYE

not sure what Mcgowen has to do with it but both Olshey and Stotts need to be unemployed asap. And CJ needs to be traded if Portland can re-sign Powell (even if they can't), although I don't know why Powell would have any interest in returning to this clusterfk
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,842

Post#7 » by Norm2953 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:29 am

I never would pull for a funk for knowing NO, he'd just go after another 6-3 guard.

I would prefer the team right itself and if they make the playoffs, it would be exciting even
now to see the GSW in a play-in round. Just do something to project some optimism for
next season for a collapse is going to lead to a long summer. Most likely, the Vulcans in Seattle
will order NO to fire Stotts which is what happens to NBA coaches who's teams collapse down
the stretch.
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 308

Post#8 » by HoopsFanAZ » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:34 pm

While I hope for the lottery (but a totally healthy team), it's a good enough team to go deep ... not that they will ... nor is that a likely outcome. Towards the end of the playoff pack, missing out on the lottery luck, and without a rising trajectory is the least acceptable result. I don't think the Blazers' trajectory is sinking if/when all players are healthy. Debatable. [Debatable isn't really good enough.]
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,405

Post#9 » by Blazinaway » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:58 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
Case2012 wrote:RETAIN LILLARD AND BLOW THIS MOFO UP. I want Chris Mcgowen, Olshey, And Stotts GONE. BUH BYE

not sure what Mcgowen has to do with it but both Olshey and Stotts need to be unemployed asap. And CJ needs to be traded if Portland can re-sign Powell (even if they can't), although I don't know why Powell would have any interest in returning to this clusterfk

Yep time to jettison Olshey/Stotts and trade CJ at the least, this team has become a cluster ____
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#10 » by GEE » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:02 am

Time to put this doggy down. Next year the Vulcans will likely fire/sacrifice Stotts, as the fingers will really start pointing in the coming few weeks. Olshey will likely be able protect himself for another year.

Weird feeling I get is that Stotts may be doing a great job in the eyes of the bean counters, and doing exactly what he is being told to do. Showcase Dame... MVP talk even at the cost of losing some games, sure if it helps the bottom line during this tough time(Covid). Coaches in general, in every sport, also appear to be getting their hands tied a little tighter each year, as Statistics are driving decisions more and more.

Ultimately, I feel like I've seen this movie before, but with different actors.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers