ImageImage

If Portland blows it up...

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Re: If Portland blows it up... 

Post#221 » by Norm2953 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:41 pm

The dark horse team to get Dame should be the Pelicans who have tons of draft picks and have a solid
player (Brandon Ingram) who likely is a poor fit alongside of Zion. The Pelicans are afraid Zion will not
sign a long term deal with the Pelicans unless they do for him what the Bucks did for Giannis, which is
to get that second star player. It'd be interesting what Portland would want from the Pelicans to get a
deal done.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#222 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:42 pm

Norm2953 wrote:The dark horse team to get Dame should be the Pelicans who have tons of draft picks and have a solid
player (Brandon Ingram) who likely is a poor fit alongside of Zion. The Pelicans are afraid Zion will not
sign a long term deal with the Pelicans unless they do for him what the Bucks did for Giannis, which is
to get that second star player. It'd be interesting what Portland would want from the Pelicans to get a
deal done.

I would agree with this. If the Blazers were willing to ignore Dame's list of teams he wants to goto (which again, I think is unlikely to happen out of respect to Dame for his time with the franchise), the Pels are a good option. The Blazers could probably get nearly all the assets the Pels got from the AD trade.

But even if they did get Ingram, Lonzo and a truck full of picks, the Blazers would solidly be a lottery team for a few years to come after that deal.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#223 » by Norm2953 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:01 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:The dark horse team to get Dame should be the Pelicans who have tons of draft picks and have a solid
deal done.

I would agree with this. If the Blazers were willing to ignore Dame's list of teams he wants to goto (which again, I think is unlikely to happen out of respect to Dame for his time with the franchise), the Pels are a good option. The Blazers could probably get nearly all the assets the Pels got from the AD trade.

But even if they did get Ingram, Lonzo and a truck full of picks, the Blazers would solidly be a lottery team for a few years to come after that deal.

I'm actually okay with dropping into the lottery for the 2022/23 draft look to be exceptional with the French big
who is easy #1 pick in the 2023 draft likely the next great player who will enter the league.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#224 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:06 pm

Norm2953 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
deal done.

I'm actually okay with dropping into the lottery for the 2022/23 draft look to be exceptional with the French big
who is easy #1 pick in the 2023 draft likely the next great player who will enter the league.

Agreed. I'm hoping if the Blazers decide to go that route of just blowing it up, they don't half-ass it. I want the team to be just pure trash for a couple seasons.

I also want a new GM making those lottery picks.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#225 » by Norm2953 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:43 pm

This of course would suck for Billips :lol:

Return to Portland Trail Blazers