ImageImage

Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
Posts: 20,634
And1: 4,280
Joined: May 29, 2008
     

Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Nov 9, 2021 1:40 am

Image

vs

Image

Image


Time: 7:00pm
Place: Los Angeles
TV: TNT

GLB of the game Joanna Krupa
Spoiler:
Image
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 13,804
And1: 8,549
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#2 » by ducler » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:11 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
Posts: 20,634
And1: 4,280
Joined: May 29, 2008
     

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:06 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Image
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
Posts: 20,634
And1: 4,280
Joined: May 29, 2008
     

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#4 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:26 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Image
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
Posts: 20,634
And1: 4,280
Joined: May 29, 2008
     

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:12 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Image
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
User avatar
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
Posts: 9,136
And1: 3,741
Joined: Feb 21, 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
     

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#6 » by Moonbeam » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:33 am

The reffing is pretty rough here in the 3rd. Choppy quarter.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
Posts: 20,634
And1: 4,280
Joined: May 29, 2008
     

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#7 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:40 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Image
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
Posts: 20,634
And1: 4,280
Joined: May 29, 2008
     

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#8 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:00 am

The comeback special GLB pic
Spoiler:
Image
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
User avatar
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
Posts: 9,136
And1: 3,741
Joined: Feb 21, 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
     

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#9 » by Moonbeam » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:06 am

Did not like that grimace after the layup for Dame. Not one bit. :(
Case2012
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,214
And1: 1,070
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
 

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#10 » by Case2012 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:57 am

Sit Dame, wait for a new GM to get hired, make some moves at the deadline and tank for a lottery pick to help restructure the roster next season. An injured Dame and a .500 team isn't doing anything for anyone. Just get Dame healthy, pray for a competent general manager and make moves at the deadline/draft.
Image
Instagram: @casetwelve
User avatar
monopoman
RealGM
Posts: 10,350
And1: 4,523
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
     

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#11 » by monopoman » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:04 am

So far through 5 games on the road the Blazers have an average loss differential of 12.6 points. At home they have an average win differential of 14 points I have never seen such a Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde team in my life.

They are cruising to big wins at home but for some **** reason can't capture even 1/3rd of that magic on the road.

I can't recall the last time a Blazer team started with a 5-1 record at home and an 0-5 record on the road through 11 games. I remember a super young Blazer team from like 12 years ago or something had a horrible road record and amazing home record to start but that didn't hold at all.
BlazersBroncos
Head Coach
Posts: 6,431
And1: 5,003
Joined: Oct 27, 2016

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#12 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Case2012 wrote:Sit Dame, wait for a new GM to get hired, make some moves at the deadline and tank for a lottery pick to help restructure the roster next season. An injured Dame and a .500 team isn't doing anything for anyone. Just get Dame healthy, pray for a competent general manager and make moves at the deadline/draft.


A middling lotto pick isnt pulling this team out of treading water. It might be the time to realize the ingredients just dont work and throw the whole dish out, IE full rebuild.

We played hard last night, we got decent bench production, we were not overly relying on ISO. And we still lost. Its a talent issue and an ingrained defensive issue. Its not going to change with a lotto pick.

I just dont know where we go from here. We are struggling to establish ourselves as a playoff team, not a contender or even a deep playoff team, but a low seed playoff team.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
Posts: 34,720
And1: 6,554
Joined: May 28, 2007

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#13 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:56 pm

monopoman wrote:So far through 5 games on the road the Blazers have an average loss differential of 12.6 points. At home they have an average win differential of 14 points I have never seen such a Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde team in my life.

They are cruising to big wins at home but for some **** reason can't capture even 1/3rd of that magic on the road.

I can't recall the last time a Blazer team started with a 5-1 record at home and an 0-5 record on the road through 11 games. I remember a super young Blazer team from like 12 years ago or something had a horrible road record and amazing home record to start but that didn't hold at all.


three of those home wins had point margins that were much more a function of opponent dysfunction and injuries than anything the Blazers did. Phoenix, LAC, and LAL all had things going on that were seriously messing their Mojo. To me the only impressive home wins were against LAC & Memphis. Game before that Blazers barely beat Indiana when they played without Brogdon and Lamb

it's still way to early to see real trends. And citing ratings and point margins is wading into sample size swamps. For instance, before last night's game, Portland ranked 16th in defensive rating. After the game they ranked 22nd while being 1.3 points worse on defense than 3 hours earlier. That's kind of crazy movement for one game. The other sides of that is the Blazers ranked 24th in defense before the last 2 game homestand; afterward they ranked 16th. We need to see where they are after this 4 game road trip

***************************************************************************************************

the only real positive from all this is that Portland has had a pretty hard strength of schedule. BBREF says it's 5th (they don't account for home/road split); PowerRanking says it's 7th (warriors with by far the easiest); TeamRankings says it's 13th. Of course, the irony with that is that Portland's 6 losses make their opponents look stronger which in turn elevates the 'difficulty' of Portland's schedule

*****************************************************************************************************

the other major factor is if Dame gets on track. Portland will be a lot better if he does. But a couple of things aren't going to change: one is that the NBA won't be going back to Spalding basketballs this season. The other is that they won't be changing the foul rules. Personally, I think the new rules have thrown Dame out of stride as much as any player in the league, and his game wasn't even the target of the rules

Dame is actually averaging 4 less points from the FT line this year. That is a huge difference and there's no way that can be justified. He never played like Harden or Trae Young. Yet, he's absorbing more contact this year than ever. And, not only is that 4 fewer points for Dame, that's 4 fewer points for Portland. It's not going to be easy finding those 4 points elsewhere
Case2012
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,214
And1: 1,070
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
 

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#14 » by Case2012 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:26 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
Case2012 wrote:Sit Dame, wait for a new GM to get hired, make some moves at the deadline and tank for a lottery pick to help restructure the roster next season. An injured Dame and a .500 team isn't doing anything for anyone. Just get Dame healthy, pray for a competent general manager and make moves at the deadline/draft.


A middling lotto pick isnt pulling this team out of treading water. It might be the time to realize the ingredients just dont work and throw the whole dish out, IE full rebuild.

We played hard last night, we got decent bench production, we were not overly relying on ISO. And we still lost. Its a talent issue and an ingrained defensive issue. Its not going to change with a lotto pick.

I just dont know where we go from here. We are struggling to establish ourselves as a playoff team, not a contender or even a deep playoff team, but a low seed playoff team.


You don’t have to use the pick. I would probably try and package the pick with some combination of young players and/or CJ to make a real splashy trade to compete NEXT season. Golden state is looking real good after taking a similar approach and Curry is 3 years older than Dame.
Image
Instagram: @casetwelve
User avatar
mighty_duck
Junior
Posts: 284
And1: 66
Joined: Jun 05, 2007

Re: Game 11: Portland vs LA Clippers 7:00pm TNT 

Post#15 » by mighty_duck » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:33 pm

Good to see Dame looking more Dame-like.
Not crazy about that bench unit with the Nance/Snell front line. Unless the plan is to make Hartenstein look like prime Shaq.
We're allowing too many open threes. Still, without the clips and our old friend Nicola shooting unreasonably well from deep, we could have won it.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers