ImageImage

Blow it Up Trade Ideas

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 544

Re: Blow it Up Trade Ideas 

Post#61 » by Goldbum » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:00 am

Simmons as a point forward/center and Simons as a young scoring guard with Powell works for me, or send him with Dame in a 3 team deal so it's Powell and Maxey.
PG Simons or Maxey
SG Powell
SF Nas
PF Holmgren
C Simmons
Looks really nice for a rebuilding team. Heck I move CJ/Nance/RoCo/Nurk for whatever young assets and picks I can get. I really like the idea of CJ for Love and Okoro. RoCo for Bagley, Nance to a contender, Nurk to one of those younger teams needing a playmaker at the center spot. Stock that cupboard with picks and see if Billups and that young roster can grow together.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#62 » by wjun15 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:46 am

please no chet homlgren. not to be racist or anything (I'm white) but since when has there been a big white guy in the lotto (not from europe) that turned out to be a superstar let alone a great star player? last one was Kevin love and he was an huge anomaly.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,947

Post#63 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:35 am

wjun15 wrote:please no chet homlgren. not to be racist or anything (I'm white) but since when has there been a big white guy in the lotto (not from europe) that turned out to be a superstar let alone a great star player? last one was Kevin love and he was an huge anomaly.

Who was the last white big known as a defensive savant like Chet? It’s not the stereotype of a non athletic, bad defensive big with a good offensive game.

He is not just another hyped white American fundamentals guy, he is an athletic freak.

None of this should matter tho. It’s like avoiding drafting a big because of Bowie and Oden. You can’t scratch players off for past precedent IMO.
Goldbum
Analyst

Post#64 » by Goldbum » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:09 pm

My draft preferences are as follows:
1a Holgren
1b Jabari Smith
1c Banchero
4 Daimion Collins
5 Nikola Jovic
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#65 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 7:12 pm

You guys can low key be in a really good spot next season if the organization pivots to a rebuild. You have a chance to have a ton of picks from another team plus all of your own.

I know it sucks losing a franchise guy and playoffs but if you get a top 10 pick this year with dame (or better )and then trade him for a bunch of future picks and or another top pick and you combine that with your own picks in a post dame& Cj rebuild you guys will really be able to accelerate things.

The hard part is parting with that franchise guy but you could really be in a good spot with a bright future if the organization decides to pivot.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,299

Post#66 » by wco81 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 8:27 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:
wjun15 wrote:please no chet homlgren. not to be racist or anything (I'm white) but since when has there been a big white guy in the lotto (not from europe) that turned out to be a superstar let alone a great star player? last one was Kevin love and he was an huge anomaly.

Who was the last white big known as a defensive savant like Chet? It’s not the stereotype of a non athletic, bad defensive big with a good offensive game.

He is not just another hyped white American fundamentals guy, he is an athletic freak.

None of this should matter tho. It’s like avoiding drafting a big because of Bowie and Oden. You can’t scratch players off for past precedent IMO.

I don't follow the draft that closely but remember that Bamba and Bol Bol were also suppose to be great shot blockers, with range as well.

Bol Bol really fell but Bamba was the #6 pick in his draft class. He's an okay player now, on the final year of his rookie deal but he's probably not going to get a huge RFA contract.

Not saying Holmgren will be like that. Mobley's impact will make people think Holmgren can also be great as well.

He might or might not.

But let's say he turns into Rudi Gobert, perennial all-defense, wins DPOY a couple of times at least.

Does that really turn the Blazers into contenders? Well Jazz are contenders but Rudi has been around awhile, in a max contract now. Still unclear if a big shot blocker with limited offense can win it all in the NBA.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,005

Post#67 » by Village Idiot » Mon Jan 3, 2022 9:17 am

I have Holmgren a ways down my draft board. His complete lack of core strength and narrow shoulders and hips are yellow flags for me. He doesn't have much jumping ability either. Chet does seem to have a good feel for the game. He will undoubtedly develop physically and we are seeing an even more anemic guy in Giddey excelling so you never know

Jabari Smith and Paolo Banchero both look really solid to me and I'd take either over Holmgren. Smith though seems like a perfect two-way guy to build around
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#68 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jan 3, 2022 6:43 pm

Village Idiot wrote:I have Holmgren a ways down my draft board. His complete lack of core strength and narrow shoulders and hips are yellow flags for me. He doesn't have much jumping ability either. Chet does seem to have a good feel for the game. He will undoubtedly develop physically and we are seeing an even more anemic guy in Giddey excelling so you never know

Jabari Smith and Paolo Banchero both look really solid to me and I'd take either over Holmgren. Smith though seems like a perfect two-way guy to build around

Giddey is 6'08 and 205lbs, I dont think he really is skinny at all. In fact, he seems pretty bulky for a 19 year old coming from a league that likely has little in the way of strenght training.

I can see taking Jabari over Chet, but Paolo? A pure PF that isnt a great 3PT threat, isnt a great defender and seems to work best posting is just not a guy I value much in todays league. I easily swing big on Chet over him. I see Chet as a better NBA player than NCAA, with a bigger court and faster style of play. Paolo just reminds me a ton of Blake Griffin, Zach Randolph, Beasley, etc.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,172

Post#69 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Jan 3, 2022 7:16 pm

wco81 wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

I don't follow the draft that closely but remember that Bamba and Bol Bol were also suppose to be great shot blockers, with range as well.

Bol Bol really fell but Bamba was the #6 pick in his draft class. He's an okay player now, on the final year of his rookie deal but he's probably not going to get a huge RFA contract.

Not saying Holmgren will be like that. Mobley's impact will make people think Holmgren can also be great as well.

He might or might not.

But let's say he turns into Rudi Gobert, perennial all-defense, wins DPOY a couple of times at least.

Does that really turn the Blazers into contenders? Well Jazz are contenders but Rudi has been around awhile, in a max contract now. Still unclear if a big shot blocker with limited offense can win it all in the NBA.

Is Holmgren limited on offense? I thought the read on him was that he had a ton of offensive potential, very few players his size and skill level. I worry about his ability to handle the physicality of the NBA but I don't see much reason to be concerned over his skill level.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#70 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Jan 3, 2022 7:17 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I can see taking Jabari over Chet, but Paolo? A pure PF that isnt a great 3PT threat, isnt a great defender and seems to work best posting is just not a guy I value much in todays league. I easily swing big on Chet over him. I see Chet as a better NBA player than NCAA, with a bigger court and faster style of play. Paolo just reminds me a ton of Blake Griffin, Zach Randolph, Beasley, etc.

Me too. I got Paolo behind Smith, Chet and Ivey at the moment.
wco81
RealGM

Post#71 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 7:26 pm

Suppose to be a good shooter but not shooting high percentage at Gonzaga so far?

Dang, more discussion of top lotto picks now.

Is Lillard going to get surgery? Though that might disrupt any potential trades then.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#72 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jan 3, 2022 8:01 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I can see taking Jabari over Chet, but Paolo? A pure PF that isnt a great 3PT threat, isnt a great defender and seems to work best posting is just not a guy I value much in todays league. I easily swing big on Chet over him. I see Chet as a better NBA player than NCAA, with a bigger court and faster style of play. Paolo just reminds me a ton of Blake Griffin, Zach Randolph, Beasley, etc.

Ivey is a guy that we havent talked about much but on paper his fit next to Dame is pretty nice. A guy that is a good defender, athletic and fiesty. Some are giving him the Donovan Mitchell treatment, that would be an ideal pairing IMO. Someone with some juice to their game rather than a skinny 3PT shooter (Simons) or a finess ball stopper (CJ).

But, ya, I have the same board basically.

1. Jabari Smith Jr
2. Chet Holmgren
3. Jaden Ivey
4. Kendall Brown
5. Nikola Jovic

I take all those guys before Paolo. (Jovic in particular has become underrated IMO).
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#73 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Jan 3, 2022 8:23 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
DeBlazerRiddem wrote:

Ivey is a guy that we havent talked about much but on paper his fit next to Dame is pretty nice. A guy that is a good defender, athletic and fiesty. Some are giving him the Donovan Mitchell treatment, that would be an ideal pairing IMO. Someone with some juice to their game rather than a skinny 3PT shooter (Simons) or a finess ball stopper (CJ).

But, ya, I have the same board basically.

1. Jabari Smith Jr
2. Chet Holmgren
3. Jaden Ivey
4. Kendall Brown
5. Nikola Jovic

I take all those guys before Paolo. (Jovic in particular has become underrated IMO).

*Quick qualifier that I have only started looking at the draft from a surface level perspective so my feelings are bound to change.*

If we are drafting in the lottery this year then fit next to Dame is a very temporary concern. But yeah, I like Ivey very much, has that "it" factor, I remember feeling similar about Jamal Murray where I just think he's going to be a player someday.

Agreed that Jovic looks pretty solid, another in a long line of well rounded Serbian bigs. Brown seems to be a high efficiency, low volume player, seems like he may be the type to disappear or not assert himself well enough - still looks like a safe pick but the upside is questionable (people said similar things about Devin Booker however, college stats can have a lot to do with situation rather than talent). Add to this list I got Mathurin and Murray as looking decently well rounded players. These are my "just go for the single, maybe get a double" options mid-to-late lottery, other players I have some bigger questions about.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#74 » by GEE » Tue Jan 4, 2022 2:05 am

wco81 wrote:Suppose to be a good shooter but not shooting high percentage at Gonzaga so far?

Dang, more discussion of top lotto picks now.

Is Lillard going to get surgery? Though that might disrupt any potential trades then.

Surely Dame wouldn't use his ABD condition to thwart a potential trade. I think Dame at one time(Summer) may have threatened his bosses with thoughts of greener pastures elsewhere, if changes weren't made to the roster, but may now realize just how difficult a transition to new team and new city would actually be for him. Dame will never have it better than he has it here in Portland, and I think he knows this... man.

SOMEONE PLEASE... START THE DRAFT THREAD NOW! :lol:
Goldbum
Analyst

Post#75 » by Goldbum » Wed Jan 5, 2022 1:13 am

Here's a CJ idea that I sort of like:
CJ
Okongwu, Reddish
Wright(Waived)Dieng (Probably Waived)?

Move Powell to SG, start OO at PF and let Little/Reddish split SF duties. Thoughts?
wco81
RealGM

Post#76 » by wco81 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:40 am

Goldbum wrote:Here's a CJ idea that I sort of like:
CJ
Okongwu, Reddish

Move Powell to SG, start OO at PF and let Little/Reddish split SF duties. Thoughts?

Great for Blazers but Atlanta needs defense, not more scoring in the back court.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#77 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Jan 5, 2022 4:03 am

wco81 wrote:
CJ
Okongwu, Reddish

Great for Blazers but Atlanta needs defense, not more scoring in the back court.

Only makes sense if we rebuild, expecting disappointing young players trapped on Atlanta's bench to start for us and help us win anything significant is too optimistic.

Also agree, from Atlanta's perspective I imagine this offer would be for Powell rather than CJ.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#78 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:14 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
wco81 wrote:
CJ
Okongwu, Reddish

Only makes sense if we rebuild, expecting disappointing young players trapped on Atlanta's bench to start for us and help us win anything significant is too optimistic.

Also agree, from Atlanta's perspective I imagine this offer would be for Powell rather than CJ.

Cam and OO is a crazy return for CJ. If we expect better we better prepare for a letdown.

Also, makes no sense for Atlanta.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,200

Post#79 » by JMAC3 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:48 pm

If you do blow it up, just curious.

Would Barton, Jamychal Green and Bones Hyland be enough for CJ?
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#80 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jan 6, 2022 4:29 pm

JMAC3 wrote:If you do blow it up, just curious.

Would Barton, Jamychal Green and Bones Hyland be enough for CJ?

Keep Bones and give me a FRP and I do that even if we are retooling and not blowing it up.

But DEN would be insane to pay the money Murray and CJ are owed to be a giant defensive liability in the backcourt.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers