ImageImage

Blow it Up Trade Ideas

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Re: Blow it Up Trade Ideas 

Post#221 » by GEE » Sun Feb 6, 2022 1:08 am

I simply can't stand Porzingus. As for LA, he was a #2 pick, not a #10 pick. He also played PF and was very open about not wanting to play the C, which is exactly what the "go small" coaching staff tried to do to Collins. Tried to bulk him up to bang down low at C for long stints, instead of playing him as the prototypical quick and bouncy stretch 4 that he was, and now he will be with the Spurs.
GEE
Starter

Post#222 » by GEE » Sun Feb 6, 2022 7:57 am

Wonder how desperate Orlando is for talent. Not sure they would have any interest at all, but this works in the checker. Here's a daydream series of trades to really complete a "Blow up". Not even sure I like it:

(1) Blazers trade Dame/Zeller to Philly for Simmons/Drummond and 2 FRPs

(2) Blazers trade Nance to the Kings for Bagley

(3) Blazers trade CJ/Nurkic to the Magic for Harris(exp)/MCW(exp)/Carter Jr./FRP

Next year's roster with 3 FRPs in 2022 :

ANT / KJ / MCW
Little / MAC
Winslow
Simmons / Bagley / Brown
Carter Jr. / Drummond / Watford

Actually, I don't like it... I LOVE IT! :pray:
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#223 » by DusterBuster » Sun Feb 6, 2022 5:01 pm

If Blazers want to go full tilt tank, they could move Nance and Nurk to Toronto for Dragic’s expiring and the Raptors FRP. I would want fairly minimal protection on that pick tho. Maybe see if the Blazers could get a pick swap option in 2023 too…

Knowing Cronin tho, he’d probably just ask for 2037 3rd round pick.

Of they could do Nurk and Nance to Toronto, Dragic and Tor 2022 FRP to Indy and Turner to Portland.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
GEE
Starter

Post#224 » by GEE » Sun Feb 6, 2022 9:30 pm

I'm holding off on Cronin's Report Card (for the most part) for 5 more days. If he does little or nothing else, I will be as pissed as anyone. Not holding my breath, or shorts, but until then... I'll just dream. I'm just trying to remain optimistic about the chance of getting off the "Stuck on Stupid Treadmill" that we've been riding for too many years now. Cronin IS change, and so far he's acted kinda like KP, saying very little but firing off early. I again, just hope we aren't finished and end up moving either or both of CJ and Dame.

Side note to that (3) part trade... There are several smaller versions that work, if one wants to keep Nurkic and Carter Jr. out of it, a version with CJ for Terrence Ross /Harris... or even one that keeps CJ while moving Nurkic is doable, on the trade checker at least.

Bottom line for me is, This team COULD look entirely different next year, which is something I can get excited about finally. NO MORE TREADMILL :party: ...hopefully.
GEE
Starter

Post#225 » by GEE » Sun Feb 6, 2022 10:20 pm

DusterBuster wrote:If Blazers want to go full tilt tank, they could move Nance and Nurk to Toronto for Dragic’s expiring and the Raptors FRP. I would want fairly minimal protection on that pick tho. Maybe see if the Blazers could get a pick swap option in 2023 too…

Of they could do Nurk and Nance to Toronto, Dragic and Tor 2022 FRP to Indy and Turner to Portland.

How about this little gem DB? Think the Raps would bite on this:
CJ/Nurkic to the Raptors for Dragic(exp)/Boucher/and give us GTJ back.

Not a fan of Turner, but would absolutely love Sabonis(not likely happening). A Nance for Bagley would also be nice, giving us Boucher and Bagley for next season. If all my stars aligned I'd roll with this:

ANT / KJ
GTJ / MAC
Little / Winslow
Simmons / Bagley
Drummond / Boucher

cj / Brown / Watford / Multiple FRPs
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,671

Post#226 » by PDXKnight » Sun Feb 6, 2022 10:59 pm

GEE wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:If Blazers want to go full tilt tank, they could move Nance and Nurk to Toronto for Dragic’s expiring and the Raptors FRP. I would want fairly minimal protection on that pick tho. Maybe see if the Blazers could get a pick swap option in 2023 too…

Not a fan of Turner, but would absolutely love Sabonis(not likely happening). A Nance for Bagley would also be nice, giving us Boucher and Bagley for next season. If all my stars aligned I'd roll with this:

ANT / KJ
GTJ / MAC
Little / Winslow
Simmons / Bagley
Drummond / Boucher

Why would toronto do this? Toronto isn’t trading trent the all star they stole from us back for any package that doesn’t include dame i’m sure. Maybe they trade trent for simons if they really like anfernee but definitely not cj and nurk
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#227 » by DusterBuster » Sun Feb 6, 2022 11:12 pm

Oden2 wrote:
GEE wrote:

ANT / KJ
GTJ / MAC
Little / Winslow
Simmons / Bagley
Drummond / Boucher

Why would toronto do this? Toronto isn’t trading trent the all star they stole from us back for any package that doesn’t include dame i’m sure. Maybe they trade trent for simons if they really like anfernee but definitely not cj and nurk

Yeah, Blazers aren’t getting Trent back.

I’d also just go ahead and start purging the Dame for Simmons pipe dream from you noggin too GEE. That ain’t happening.
GEE
Starter

Post#228 » by GEE » Sun Feb 6, 2022 11:31 pm

Oden2 wrote:
GEE wrote:

ANT / KJ
GTJ / MAC
Little / Winslow
Simmons / Bagley
Drummond / Boucher

GTJ's an All-Star? That is news to me. Anyway, and only because you asked... I did look at there starting 5 as a result of this trade and it ain't too shabby IMO. Of course the Raptors would need to see it as an improvement, and I'm not sure they would. Plus, I'm pretty sure GTJ would be all kinds of pissed-off, so I will point out that I was being Super-Hypothetical there. Feasibly, I'm currently :pray: for this:

ANT(35) / KJ(4)
CJ(35) / MAC(18) / Little(4)
Little(28) / Winslow(20)
Simmons(35) / Bagley(13)
Nurkic(30) / Drummond(18)

cj / Brown / Watford / '22lotto / Philly's '22FRP / plus maybe more from Philly(FFRP?) and SAC('22SRP?)

This is what I would do, if possible. If we can do better(Jaylen Brown), than I'm all for that too. But I would be as excited as I've been in many years if the above was the team for next season.

RIP CITY! (mic drop)
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#229 » by PDXKnight » Sun Feb 6, 2022 11:40 pm

GEE wrote:
Oden2 wrote:
GEE wrote:

ANT / KJ
GTJ / MAC
Little / Winslow
Simmons / Bagley
Drummond / Boucher

GTJ's an All-Star? That is news to me. Anyway, and only because you asked... I did look at there starting 5 as a result of this trade and it ain't too shabby IMO. Of course the Raptors would need to see it as an improvement, and I'm not sure they would. Plus, I'm pretty sure GTJ would be all kinds of pissed-off, so I will point out that I was being Super-Hypothetical there. Feasibly, I'm currently :pray: for this:

ANT / KJ
CJ / MAC
Little / Winslow
Simmons / Bagley
Nurkic / Drummond

cj / Brown / Watford / '22lotto / Philly's '22FRP / plus maybe more from Philly(FFRP?) and SAC('22SRP?)

This is what I would do, if possible. If we can do better(Jaylen Brown), than I'm all for that too. But I would be as excited as I've been in many years if the above was the team for next season.

RIP CITY! (mic drop)

Trent is close enough to an all star, i mean van fleet made it and trent is quickly becoming respected as a legit 2 way player

And no way would i deal dame for simmons that’s underselling dame given simmons recent value loss
GEE
Starter

Post#230 » by GEE » Mon Feb 7, 2022 12:07 am

Oden2 wrote:
GEE wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

ANT / KJ
CJ / MAC
Little / Winslow
Simmons / Bagley
Nurkic / Drummond

RIP CITY! (mic drop)

Trent is close enough to an all star, i mean van fleet made it and trent is quickly becoming respected as a legit 2 way player

And no way would i deal dame for simmons that’s trash given simmons recent value loss

I strongly disagree because as I said weeks ago, with Dame's inability to play defense, I don't think Dame and Chauncey are seeing quite eye to eye. Chauncey's style of play does not mesh well with Dame and with what has been done in the past, which catered oh so well to Dame. Ben Simmons on the other hand, I believe, is a Chauncey type of guy... 100%. Match made in heaven type isht.

And there is ANT and Chauncey, well... we all see it... The legend and the star pupil. It's beautiful.

One last thing... Dame Embiid & Harris would likely make them odds on favorites to win the ECFs, which I really do want for Dame, as I think it's important to him. Like many of our other past Blazer greats, he can always come back to Portland after a few years and continue to be a god to this franchise. Only Love.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,826

Post#231 » by Norm2953 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 12:24 am

Portland's front office might now do Dame + FRP for Simmons.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#232 » by PDXKnight » Mon Feb 7, 2022 2:25 am

GEE wrote:
Oden2 wrote:
GEE wrote:

ANT / KJ
CJ / MAC
Little / Winslow
Simmons / Bagley
Nurkic / Drummond

RIP CITY! (mic drop)

And no way would i deal dame for simmons that’s trash given simmons recent value loss

I strongly disagree because as I said weeks ago, with Dame's inability to play defense, I don't think Dame and Chauncey are seeing quite eye to eye. Chauncey's style of play does not mesh well with Dame and with what has been done in the past, which catered oh so well to Dame. Ben Simmons on the other hand, I believe, is a Chauncey type of guy... 100%. Match made in heaven type isht.

And there is ANT and Chauncey, well... we all see it... The legend and the star pupil. It's beautiful.

One last thing... Dame Embiid & Harris would likely make them odds on favorites to win the ECFs, which I really do want for Dame, as I think it's important to him. Like many of our other past Blazer greats, he can always come back to Portland after a few years and continue to be a god to this franchise. Only Love.

Why are we doing everything to fit chauncey who has kinda been meh so far?
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#233 » by DusterBuster » Mon Feb 7, 2022 2:31 am

Oden2 wrote:
GEE wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

Why are we doing everything to fit chauncey who has kinda been meh so far?

For what it’s worth, it does matter that a coach has players who fit his style he’s trying to play.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#234 » by DusterBuster » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:08 pm

GEE wrote:

ANT / KJ
GTJ / MAC
Little / Winslow
Simmons / Bagley
Drummond / Boucher

To follow up on this, apparently Trent hated his time in Portland, so yeah... he would not be excited about coming back.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,843

Post#235 » by JasonStern » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:21 pm

wco81 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, most of the people on this board seemed to support the GTR-Norm trade at the time?

And supported extending Powell?

There was this false hope that acquiring Powell meant that a second trade of CJ McCollum was going to happen. Tobias Harris, Kevin Love, whoever - pick your poison there. And a lot of fans were onboard with acquiring Powell in that situation.

Had it been known the team was going to try to play Powell out of position at the 3 forever, I, and I suspect a lot of other Blazers fans, were really hoping for some sort of Trent for Aaron Gordon trade would have occurred - even if the Blazers had to overpay a bit.

The Powell extension was a no-brainer as it gave Portland fans the false hope they would move CJ. Or failing that, the ability to move Powell for something of value instead of losing Trent in free agency for nothing.

As it is, the team is totally rudderless. They aren't building around Dame. They aren't rebuilding around Simons/Little/Trent/Collins. They seem to just be trying to play .500 ball and profit as much as they can off of Dame. Sad times as a fan.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,843

Post#236 » by JasonStern » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:22 pm

DusterBuster wrote:If Blazers want to go full tilt tank, they could move Nance and Nurk to Toronto for Dragic’s expiring and the Raptors FRP.

You know damn well Cronin wouldn't ask for a 1st in that trade.

DusterBuster wrote:To follow up on this, apparently Trent hated his time in Portland, so yeah... he would not be excited about coming back.

Source on this? First time I've heard.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#237 » by DusterBuster » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:24 pm

JasonStern wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:If Blazers want to go full tilt tank, they could move Nance and Nurk to Toronto for Dragic’s expiring and the Raptors FRP.

You know damn well Cronin wouldn't ask for a 1st in that trade.

DusterBuster wrote:To follow up on this, apparently Trent hated his time in Portland, so yeah... he would not be excited about coming back.

Source on this? First time I've heard.

I have a hard time letting my brain come up with deals that unfair as he's willing to do.

This is also the first I've heard about it, but it's blowing up online and here on the GB.

Read on Twitter
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#238 » by wco81 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:11 pm

Blazers have said they're not blowing it up but they're currently #10, ahead of the Spurs and Pelicans by 1.5 games.

As it stands now, their own pick would be #9 and the Pelicans pick would be #7 (it conveys if it's between 5-14).

They're getting a good look at some young players -- Simons, even someone like Hart.

Really haven't gotten a good look at Simons this season until last night and in some clips. Putting up very good numbers but seems to need the ball to create shots, so similar to Lillard and CJ? Younger, better athlete, a little longer than either Dame or CJ though.

Good player to retain but what would it take? Would there be a number as high as what it would have taken to keep Trent for instance?

Also there's the question of whether the fit with Dame and Simons would be any better than Dame and CJ. Simons might cost less for the next contract though. But if they can find another, more defensive guard to pair with Dame, is there a chance Simons could come off the bench?

Blazers have had some good wins, such as at Memphis and at Utah recently. Would Lillard come back if they're still in the play-in game(s)?

Or would it not be worth it to try to improve the draft position? With 23 games left, they could easily fall below Spurs, Pelicans and even Sacto, which is #6 in the draft lottery standings and 3.5 games behind.

Blazers would have to tank hard to fall below #4 OKC or #5 Indy, which are 6.5 and 5 games away.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,807

Post#239 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:45 pm

Really haven't gotten a good look at Simons this season until last night and in some clips. Putting up very good numbers but seems to need the ball to create shots, so similar to Lillard and CJ? Younger, better athlete, a little longer than either Dame or CJ though.

I mean, given his supporting cast did you expect him to not be creating on ball last night?

Simons was an off ball shooter his entire career until about 25 games ago. Its not the same pairing as Dame / CJ (Albeit I would like to see Ant make more cuts to the hoop when not on ball, but who knows if the offense calls or even allows that).
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#240 » by wco81 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:01 am

Players who can create their own shots with high efficiency and for others will command higher salaries.

But open shots off screens or movement tend to be more efficient than pull ups, especially beyond the arc. And maybe more consistent.

Great to be able to do both. Someone like Harden worked off ball more in his early years but now is exclusively on ball. Luka supposedly played off ball more in Europe than he has in the NBA.

Will be interesting to see him play more with Lillard, now that CJ is gone. Does he take over the on-ball touches CJ used to have or try to diversify his game more?

Return to Portland Trail Blazers