Blazer Rumors Roundup 2022

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

BNM
Analyst
And1: 4,198

Re: Windhorst (on 1080 The Fan): Blazers Interested in Myles Turner 

Post#21 » by BNM » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:35 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
BNM wrote:I wonder if IND is looking to dump salary. POR has a LOT of expiring contracts, at all positions, of sizes from vet min to RocCo at almost $13 million and Nurk at $12 million. Maybe one or two expiring contracts + Nassir Little for Turner gives IND some cap relief this summer and an emerging cheap young player they can evaluate this season and next to see if they want to keep him long term.

I suppose it all depends on what other teams are offering. We have the expiring contracts to also take back another significant contract if IND is serious about cutting salary.

Turner is exactly the type of big that would play well next to Simmons. Turner attempts 4.4 3FG/G, so can help provide some of the spacing you lose with Simmons. The upgrade on defense with Turner at the 5 and Simmons at the 4 would be huge, and would give POR one of the best defensive frontcourts in the league.

Again, I think there’s no world where portland can get Turner while keeping Simons. Hope I’m wrong, but if I’m KP, that would be my demands.

KP just recently did an interview saying how important it is they find a new star to build with, Simons fits that bill as a potential budding star with “it” potential. Simons fits that bill, Little doesn’t and CJ did but that time has passed.

I love Ant and am really enjoying seeing him breakout, but I don't consider him untouchable. I'm thinking beyond just a possible trade with IND for Turner. Our defense has been so gawdawful terrible during most of Dame's career, I'm thinking what would it take to land both Turner and Ben Simmons.

The goal is to keep Dame and finally surround him with some all defense level defenders.

I see our potential trade assets as several expiring contracts (RoCo and Nurk being the biggest), CJ and young talent (Ant, Nas and a high draft pick). I don't see either Ant or Nas being star players, but I see them both developing into above average NBA starters.

To get both Turrner and Simmons, I'd be willing to give up 2 of the 3 young assets, but not all three (unless we are also bringing back another starter level player in return).

If we end up moving all of Nurk, RoCo, CJ and Simons to get Turner and Simmons, I'd be fine with that.

We'd end up with a starting line up of:

Dame
Norm
Nas
Simmons
Turner

I like that, think it's much more balanced, and better than any starting line up we've had since Aldridge left, maybe better. Turner and Simmons are great defensively and comment each other well on both ends. I think Nas has the potential to be a very solid 3 and D wing starter, and I think Norm is much better defensively playing his natural position.

I'd look to bring back McLemore and Smith on cheap contracts. And perhaps we work out a way to get another guard from IND (LaVert) or PHI (Thybulle).
BNM
Analyst

Post#22 » by BNM » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:40 pm

Village Idiot wrote:If we do trade for Turner I really hope we have something lined up to off-load Nurk cause you just know he's going to get pouty.

Who cares? If Nurk pouts, he only hurts himself. He's going to be a UFA this summer. Any drama he brings negatively impacts the value of his next contract.

And if he starts playing poorly in POR, you bench him, tell him to stay home, or let him drive the tank to get a higher draft pick.

But yeah, if we get Turner, it makes logical sense to trade Nurk for whatever we could get in return.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#23 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:12 pm

BNM wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
BNM wrote:I wonder if IND is looking to dump salary. POR has a LOT of expiring contracts, at all positions, of sizes from vet min to RocCo at almost $13 million and Nurk at $12 million. Maybe one or two expiring contracts + Nassir Little for Turner gives IND some cap relief this summer and an emerging cheap young player they can evaluate this season and next to see if they want to keep him long term.

I suppose it all depends on what other teams are offering. We have the expiring contracts to also take back another significant contract if IND is serious about cutting salary.

Turner is exactly the type of big that would play well next to Simmons. Turner attempts 4.4 3FG/G, so can help provide some of the spacing you lose with Simmons. The upgrade on defense with Turner at the 5 and Simmons at the 4 would be huge, and would give POR one of the best defensive frontcourts in the league.

Again, I think there’s no world where portland can get Turner while keeping Simons. Hope I’m wrong, but if I’m KP, that would be my demands.

KP just recently did an interview saying how important it is they find a new star to build with, Simons fits that bill as a potential budding star with “it” potential. Simons fits that bill, Little doesn’t and CJ did but that time has passed.

I love Ant and am really enjoying seeing him breakout, but I don't consider him untouchable. I'm thinking beyond just a possible trade with IND for Turner. Our defense has been so gawdawful terrible during most of Dame's career, I'm thinking what would it take to land both Turner and Ben Simmons.

The goal is to keep Dame and finally surround him with some all defense level defenders.

I see our potential trade assets as several expiring contracts (RoCo and Nurk being the biggest), CJ and young talent (Ant, Nas and a high draft pick). I don't see either Ant or Nas being star players, but I see them both developing into above average NBA starters.

To get both Turrner and Simmons, I'd be willing to give up 2 of the 3 young assets, but not all three (unless we are also bringing back another starter level player in return).

If we end up moving all of Nurk, RoCo, CJ and Simons to get Turner and Simmons, I'd be fine with that.

Dame
Norm
Nas
Simmons
Turner

I like that, think it's much more balanced, and better than any starting line up we've had since Aldridge left, maybe better. Turner and Simmons are great defensively and comment each other well on both ends. I think Nas has the potential to be a very solid 3 and D wing starter, and I think Norm is much better defensively playing his natural position.

I'd look to bring back McLemore and Smith on cheap contracts. And perhaps we work out a way to get another guard from IND (LaVert) or PHI (Thybulle).

To be clear, please don't get the impression I think Simons is untouchable. I most certainly do not and am fine moving him in the right trade.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Jsun947
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#24 » by Jsun947 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:32 pm

Indy isn't a totally blow it up franchise. They have never been interested in being a totally crap team to get draft picks like Houston or OKC.

To me this makes sense for everyone from the context of how their teams are approaching things.

Portland Out
Nurkic
Covington
McCollum
Little
Zeller

Portland In
Turner
Warren
Lamb
Oubre
Plumlee

Hornets Out
Oubre
Plumlee

Hornets In
Nurkic
Covington

Indiana Out
Turner
Warren
Lamb

Indiana In
McCollum
Little
Zeller
Jsun947
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#25 » by Jsun947 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:35 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
BNM wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Dame
Norm
Nas
Simmons
Turner

To be clear, please don't get the impression I think Simons is untouchable. I most certainly do not and am fine moving him in the right trade.

The problem here is Philly has no need for Simons, Nurkic, or CJ so I don't know how you plan on making this deal work
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,470

Post#26 » by Pattycakes » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:49 pm

I honestly used to love Nurk, but it doesn’t feel like he’s really ever developed leadership skills over the course of a season, let alone even a month straight. If we’re selling, bye buddy
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#27 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:51 pm

Jsun947 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
BNM wrote:

Dame
Norm
Nas
Simmons
Turner

The problem here is Philly has no need for Simons, Nurkic, or CJ so I don't know how you plan on making this deal work

I should have highlighted the part I was specifically responding to, which was just the initial sentence. I didn't even bother getting into the trade idea cause I think the Simmons ship as more than sailed at this point.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#28 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:52 pm

Pattycakes wrote:I honestly used to love Nurk, but it doesn’t feel like he’s really ever developed leadership skills over the course of a season, let alone even a month straight. If we’re selling, bye buddy

Leadership skills? If you expected Nurk to develop that, that's more of a situation of unrealistic expectations on your part than anything wrong with Nurk.
BNM
Analyst

Post#29 » by BNM » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:53 pm

Jsun947 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
BNM wrote:

Dame
Norm
Nas
Simmons
Turner

I didn't specifically mention trading any of those players to PHI. CJ would be needed to match salaries. He's overpaid, but wouldn't be a bad fit in PHI. Or, involve a 3rd team.

For Simons, I was including him to a trade with IND for Turner (in place of Nas in my previous trade).

Nurk doesn't have to fit anywhere, he's an expiring contract. But again, maybe a 3 team deal for someone who needs a big for a playoff run. Basically, a half season rental.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#30 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:54 pm

Jsun947 wrote:Indy isn't a totally blow it up franchise. They have never been interested in being a totally crap team to get draft picks like Houston or OKC.

Reports are they might be. They don't have any star player and are stuck in a non-mans land of the NBA, so they're a pretty prime team to firesell everything and restart since they have a bunch of good vets but no star player to anchor them to.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Re: Blazer Rumors Roundup 2022 

Post#31 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:06 am

Someone from the GB posted rumors from a Bleacher Report Insider... here are the Blazer bits...

* Dame: If Lillard were to be ruled out for the remainder of the year, rival executives are hoping it would force Daryl Morey and the Philadelphia 76ers to lower their asking price on Ben Simmons.

And without Lillard, the Blazers' lottery-protected first-round pick likely won't convey to the top-seeded Bulls, dampening that asset for Chicago should it look to trade the pick and further push into Eastern Conference contention. Lottery-protected through 2028, that pick has one of the more curious valuations of any draft asset on the board considering Lillard's uncertain future.

* Ben Simmons: Philadelphia's market for Simmons remains static. And for those teams hopeful Lillard's surgery will impact the Sixers' trade strategy, Philadelphia officials maintain their major stakeholders—from ownership and Morey's front office to Doc Rivers and Joel Embiid—are aligned in waiting for someone on par with Lillard, James Harden, Bradley Beal or Jaylen Brown to become available either before this deadline or later this summer.

* Trail Blazers: Portland and Indiana seemed to be natural trade partners. The Blazers had been frequently mentioned as a strong Myles Turner destination, while Detroit's Jerami Grant also emerged as a potential Portland target. But if Lillard is indefinitely sidelined, that would seem to further increase the likelihood of Jusuf Nurkic and Robert Covington heading elsewhere.

Anfernee Simons' recent explosion also has league executives chattering about the future of CJ McCollum in Portland, and to a lesser extent that of Norman Powell. Simons is headed for a lucrative restricted free agency this summer, and Portland is already trying to evade paying the luxury tax.

Assessing the interest for McCollum is somewhat difficult given his recent collapsed lung and a decline in production at the age of 30. But former GM Neil Olshey's regime valued McCollum quite highly, and there's a sense among some rival executives that McCollum would have a sizable market at a lower evaluation than Olshey may have held.

* Norman Powell: Roughly a dozen teams pursued Powell ahead of last season's deadline, when Portland acquired him from Toronto. The 28-year-old's five-year, $90 million contract is considered relatively valuable among several league personnel polled by B/R.

There's some belief that Powell would be open to a new destination. Negotiations over his five-year deal to re-sign in Portland this summer hit several snags and Powell certainly eyed other destinations, such as New Orleans. The Pelicans do happen to be searching for significant upgrades in their quest to rebound into the play-in tournament although McCollum would seem to make more sense as a target for New Orleans.

* Pacers: Myles Turner appears the likeliest Indiana player to be traded before the deadline, with a list of suitors that includes Dallas, Minnesota, New York, Sacramento, Charlotte and Portland. Toronto was also mentioned by several league personnel as a team to keep an eye on for Turner's services. The Pacers' asking price is said to include multiple first-round picks.

Caris LeVert has known suitors in Cleveland and New York, but so far Indiana has requested multiple first-round picks for the 27-year-old guard as well. The Pacers have also placed calls assessing the value of Justin Holiday, Jeremy Lamb and Torrey Craig.

* Lakers: Rob Pelinka's front office has only Talen Horton-Tucker and Kendrick Nunn as non-minimum players with tangible trade value, and that combination won't be nearly enough to land Grant or Turner. But the Lakers have called rival teams to assess the trade value of DeAndre Jordan, Dwight Howard and Kent Bazemore. (OK, this ones not Blazer related, just LOL @ the last sentence)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952421-latest-nba-trade-intel-how-will-dame-lillard-surgery-impact-ben-simmons-market

The TL:DR;

*Lillard injury could have impact on a Simmons trade.
(I'm skeptical on this one since it seemed clear from weeks/months ago that was going nowhere and Morey would have to be delusional to have still thought otherwise by now)
*There could be a decent market for CJ at a lower pricepoint than what Olshey had set.
(Duh)
*Powell contract is fairly valuable and he wouldn't be upset at a trade. Almost signed with the Pelicans, but they could be a fit for CJ as well.
(The CJ bit seemed like a bit of editorializing by the writer, less backed by rumors/sources)
*Pacers and Turner seem to be a strong fit for a trade with the Blazers in some fashion, but they want multiple 1sts for Turner.
(If they want multiple 1sts for Turner, that could be a hindrance to any deal with the Blazers... guess we'll have to wait and see)

As for the Pelicans, I'm not seeing much on their roster I would trade CJ or Powell for tbh. It's a spectacularly mediocre roster past Zion and Ingram. Valanciunas is having a good year, but don't know how many more of those he'll have in the tank... plus they will want to just give up spare parts so they can get better for a play-in / playoffs run, not just swap players or cut salary. Don't see any deal between those two teams.

Seems Pacers and Blazers have most definitely had multiple conversations - probably moreso after Olshey got fired and KP's buddy Joe took over. Seems like a safe bet they've talked a good amount, even just as friends and colleagues, but with some trade talk sprinkled in. So doesn't take a leap of faith to believe there's some truth to those discussions.

One note that wasn't entirely Blazer-related...

* Ricky Rubio: The Cavaliers don't project to be very aggressive in the coming weeks, but they will explore avenues to move Ricky Rubio and a protected first-rounder in an effort to net backcourt reinforcements, such as Eric Gordon.

Gordon was mentioned here, but could this be a CJ fit? It's his home-town team... would a deal of something like...

CJ
RoCo

for

Rubio
Love
1st Rounder

make sense for both clubs? I haven't followed the Cavs closely this year, I know they're doing well, so don't know who they consider important or not right now... Maybe Love is playing a bigger role for them than I think (his PER is great this season for whatever that's worth). Otherwise, just CJ for Rubio, Osman, and a 1st would work under the checker too. Blazers would shave off 18mil of CJ's deal.
Pattycakes
General Manager

Post#32 » by Pattycakes » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:49 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:I'd be really surprised if you had to give Simons to get Myles Turner, his value's not that high. Nurkic, Nas Little and a protected 1st..
I actually have Little, Nurk and a 1st as being worth more than Simons and Roco but a lot of that is based on the assumption that Lillard is staying. Note also that Nassir Little is really highly regarded. He's really starting to put it together and Portland could really use a quality, young, cost-controlled 3 and D wing. The Portland staff have done a fantastic job developing both Simons and Little.

Same here, I didn’t realize Ant had been to an all star game already. I’ll take my Nurk/Nas & 1st 7 days a week. We are sellers but we don’t have to be desperate either.
Pattycakes
General Manager

Post#33 » by Pattycakes » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:50 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Someone from the GB posted rumors from a Bleacher Report Insider... here are the Blazer bits...

* Dame: If Lillard were to be ruled out for the remainder of the year, rival executives are hoping it would force Daryl Morey and the Philadelphia 76ers to lower their asking price on Ben Simmons.

And without Lillard, the Blazers' lottery-protected first-round pick likely won't convey to the top-seeded Bulls, dampening that asset for Chicago should it look to trade the pick and further push into Eastern Conference contention. Lottery-protected through 2028, that pick has one of the more curious valuations of any draft asset on the board considering Lillard's uncertain future.

* Ben Simmons: Philadelphia's market for Simmons remains static. And for those teams hopeful Lillard's surgery will impact the Sixers' trade strategy, Philadelphia officials maintain their major stakeholders—from ownership and Morey's front office to Doc Rivers and Joel Embiid—are aligned in waiting for someone on par with Lillard, James Harden, Bradley Beal or Jaylen Brown to become available either before this deadline or later this summer.

* Trail Blazers: Portland and Indiana seemed to be natural trade partners. The Blazers had been frequently mentioned as a strong Myles Turner destination, while Detroit's Jerami Grant also emerged as a potential Portland target. But if Lillard is indefinitely sidelined, that would seem to further increase the likelihood of Jusuf Nurkic and Robert Covington heading elsewhere.

Anfernee Simons' recent explosion also has league executives chattering about the future of CJ McCollum in Portland, and to a lesser extent that of Norman Powell. Simons is headed for a lucrative restricted free agency this summer, and Portland is already trying to evade paying the luxury tax.

Assessing the interest for McCollum is somewhat difficult given his recent collapsed lung and a decline in production at the age of 30. But former GM Neil Olshey's regime valued McCollum quite highly, and there's a sense among some rival executives that McCollum would have a sizable market at a lower evaluation than Olshey may have held.

* Norman Powell: Roughly a dozen teams pursued Powell ahead of last season's deadline, when Portland acquired him from Toronto. The 28-year-old's five-year, $90 million contract is considered relatively valuable among several league personnel polled by B/R.

There's some belief that Powell would be open to a new destination. Negotiations over his five-year deal to re-sign in Portland this summer hit several snags and Powell certainly eyed other destinations, such as New Orleans. The Pelicans do happen to be searching for significant upgrades in their quest to rebound into the play-in tournament although McCollum would seem to make more sense as a target for New Orleans.

* Pacers: Myles Turner appears the likeliest Indiana player to be traded before the deadline, with a list of suitors that includes Dallas, Minnesota, New York, Sacramento, Charlotte and Portland. Toronto was also mentioned by several league personnel as a team to keep an eye on for Turner's services. The Pacers' asking price is said to include multiple first-round picks.

Caris LeVert has known suitors in Cleveland and New York, but so far Indiana has requested multiple first-round picks for the 27-year-old guard as well. The Pacers have also placed calls assessing the value of Justin Holiday, Jeremy Lamb and Torrey Craig.

* Lakers: Rob Pelinka's front office has only Talen Horton-Tucker and Kendrick Nunn as non-minimum players with tangible trade value, and that combination won't be nearly enough to land Grant or Turner. But the Lakers have called rival teams to assess the trade value of DeAndre Jordan, Dwight Howard and Kent Bazemore. (OK, this ones not Blazer related, just LOL @ the last sentence)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952421-latest-nba-trade-intel-how-will-dame-lillard-surgery-impact-ben-simmons-market

(I'm skeptical on this one since it seemed clear from weeks/months ago that was going nowhere and Morey would have to be delusional to have still thought otherwise by now)
*There could be a decent market for CJ at a lower pricepoint than what Olshey had set.
(Duh)
*Powell contract is fairly valuable and he wouldn't be upset at a trade. Almost signed with the Pelicans, but they could be a fit for CJ as well.
(The CJ bit seemed like a bit of editorializing by the writer, less backed by rumors/sources)
*Pacers and Turner seem to be a strong fit for a trade with the Blazers in some fashion, but they want multiple 1sts for Turner.
(If they want multiple 1sts for Turner, that could be a hindrance to any deal with the Blazers... guess we'll have to wait and see)

As for the Pelicans, I'm not seeing much on their roster I would trade CJ or Powell for tbh. It's a spectacularly mediocre roster past Zion and Ingram. Valanciunas is having a good year, but don't know how many more of those he'll have in the tank... plus they will want to just give up spare parts so they can get better for a play-in / playoffs run, not just swap players or cut salary. Don't see any deal between those two teams.

Seems Pacers and Blazers have most definitely had multiple conversations - probably moreso after Olshey got fired and KP's buddy Joe took over. Seems like a safe bet they've talked a good amount, even just as friends and colleagues, but with some trade talk sprinkled in. So doesn't take a leap of faith to believe there's some truth to those discussions.

* Ricky Rubio: The Cavaliers don't project to be very aggressive in the coming weeks, but they will explore avenues to move Ricky Rubio and a protected first-rounder in an effort to net backcourt reinforcements, such as Eric Gordon.

Gordon was mentioned here, but could this be a CJ fit? It's his home-town team... would a deal of something like...

CJ
RoCo

for

Rubio
Love
1st Rounder

make sense for both clubs? I haven't followed the Cavs closely this year, I know they're doing well, so don't know who they consider important or not right now... Maybe Love is playing a bigger role for them than I think (his PER is great this season for whatever that's worth). Otherwise, just CJ for Rubio, Osman, and a 1st would work under the checker too. Blazers would shave off 18mil of CJ's deal.

Is that literally just to dump CJ? God awful if that’s not the intention
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,897

Post#34 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:42 pm

Pattycakes wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Someone from the GB posted rumors from a Bleacher Report Insider... here are the Blazer bits...

(Duh)

CJ
RoCo

for

Rubio
Love
1st Rounder

Is that literally just to dump CJ? God awful if that’s not the intention

A contract a year shorter attached to a productive player and a FRP is a great return for CJ. IDK what people expect, but the guy isnt going to return much.

Love has played tremendously well so far this season too. If healthy he is as talented, if not more talented, than CJ. And most importantly he balances the roster and removes the 'your turn, my turn' style we have seen for about a million years.

Love is posting:

21.5mpg, 14.3ppg, 7.4rpg, 2.1apg, 2.6-6.2 3PG at 41%, .56 EFG with advanced metrics that are simply insane

I would probably consider CJ for Love straight up at this point. The key to Love being effective might simply be to keep his minutes low. But he is scoring well and if anyone has watched CLE, he scores in the groove of the offense. Always moving the ball, taking what the defense gives him, passing well, etc.

Love is still a really, really good player. And he might be amenable to shutting down for the year to get even healthier, helping the tank.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#35 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:16 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:A contract a year shorter attached to a productive player and a FRP is a great return for CJ. IDK what people expect, but the guy isnt going to return much.

Love has played tremendously well so far this season too. If healthy he is as talented, if not more talented, than CJ. And most importantly he balances the roster and removes the 'your turn, my turn' style we have seen for about a million years.

Love is posting:

21.5mpg, 14.3ppg, 7.4rpg, 2.1apg, 2.6-6.2 3PG at 41%, .56 EFG with advanced metrics that are simply insane

I would probably consider CJ for Love straight up at this point. The key to Love being effective might simply be to keep his minutes low. But he is scoring well and if anyone has watched CLE, he scores in the groove of the offense. Always moving the ball, taking what the defense gives him, passing well, etc.

Love is still a really, really good player. And he might be amenable to shutting down for the year to get even healthier, helping the tank.

Yep. Love is still productive when he's motivated and healthy like he is this year. The biggest problem for him is really being mentally checked out, where if he's in a situation where he's not happy or the teams not winning, he checks out and doesn't really try.

However, that issue is mitigated in Portland because 1) who cares, the blazers are tanking anyway this season. 2) his contract is shorter than CJ's by a year so he's expiring next season. 3) he should be pretty motivated playing for his hometown team and with Lillard next season at least (plus it's a contract year).

So yeah, that's not a bad deal overall for the Blazers if they can swing it.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#36 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:39 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:A contract a year shorter attached to a productive player and a FRP is a great return for CJ. IDK what people expect, but the guy isnt going to return much.

Love is posting:

Yep. Love is still productive when he's motivated and healthy like he is this year. The biggest problem for him is really being mentally checked out, where if he's in a situation where he's not happy or the teams not winning, he checks out and doesn't really try.

However, that issue is mitigated in Portland because 1) who cares, the blazers are tanking anyway this season. 2) his contract is shorter than CJ's by a year so he's expiring next season. 3) he should be pretty motivated playing for his hometown team and with Lillard next season at least (plus it's a contract year).

So yeah, that's not a bad deal overall for the Blazers if they can swing it.

Agreed. And if we plan to resign Rubio (Which IMO we should, but I am a Ricky stan), it opens Simons to a Turner trade. Something like"

PDX OUT - Nurkic, Simons, CLE FRP
PDX IN - Turner, Filler Player

CHA OUT - Plumlee, CHA Future FRP
CHA IN - Nurkic

IND OUT - Turner, Filler Player
IND IN - Plumlee, Simons, CLE FPR, CHA Future FRP

Ricky and Dame are out, Love would be willing to shut down IMO. Resign Rubio to something reasonable to be the backup PG/SG, pray for Jabari, run with:

G - Damian Lillard (34) / Ricky Rubio (14) / Dennis Smith Jr
G - Norm Powell (32) / Ricky Rubio (16) / Vet Min
F - Nassir Little (28) / Ben McLemore (20) / Vet Min
F - Jabari Smith Jr (30) / Larry Nance Jr (18) / Greg Brown
C - Myles Turner (30) / Kevin Love (18) / 2022 SRP

That is a transformed team with only 2 trades. Numerous plus defenders (Little, Turner, LNJ, Ricky), a few neutral (Lillard, Powell, likely Jabari) and two scoring bench guys that are not good defenders (Love, Ben).
Pattycakes
General Manager

Post#37 » by Pattycakes » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:30 pm

Kevin Love and a post season ending injury Rubio is our saving grace? Christ I’m done with this board
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#38 » by Goldbum » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:02 pm

Turner +Lamb
CJ + Snell
I like it for both teams.

Or
CJ + Snell
Love + Okoro

Seems like a great deal for both teams.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#39 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:13 pm

Pattycakes wrote:Kevin Love and a post season ending injury Rubio is our saving grace? Christ I’m done with this board

It would be a trade to setup next season.

Who do you think CJ can return?

Turner +Lamb
CJ + Snell
I like it for both teams.

I dont think IND moves Turner unless they go for a rebuild. And even if they are not, I dont think CJ is equal to Turner, guys like Myles are much harder to find.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#40 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:49 pm

Pattycakes wrote:Kevin Love and a post season ending injury Rubio is our saving grace? Christ I’m done with this board

:clown: :clown: :clown:

Definitely something worthwhile to get this upset over lol

Return to Portland Trail Blazers