Game 42: Portland vs Washington 4:00pm Root+,NBAtv 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:16 am

vs

Time: 4:00pm
Place: Washington DC
TV: Root+, NBAtv

GLB of the game Alice Eve
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Re: Game 42: Portland vs Washington 4:00pm Root+,NBAtv 

Post#2 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:04 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:41 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#4 » by Dame Lizard » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:11 am

Anfernee with 26 pts / 7 assists on 9/13 FG at half time.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:19 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,842

Post#6 » by Norm2953 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:26 am

Makes for some interesting decisions for the off season. I'm wondering with CJ returning, how
he and Ant will play together allowing the GM to consider moving Dame for that front court
upgrade this team has needed for years.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#7 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:54 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#8 » by DusterBuster » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:09 am

Norm2953 wrote:Makes for some interesting decisions for the off season. I'm wondering with CJ returning, how
he and Ant will play together allowing the GM to consider moving Dame for that front court
upgrade this team has needed for years.

I almost wonder if Simons blowing up like this changes Dames thinking. I think management is sticking with Dame until Dame says he wants out, but I wonder if Dame would go to management and try to make it an amicable split painting it as best for the franchise that they move him and build around Simons? Simons’ is Dames’ protege of sorts, so I think Dame would take a lot of pride in having groomed Simons to becoming the Blazers star and handing him the keys to the franchise as he moves on to win a title before his time in the league is over. It would be a pretty good PR spin for him to move on without it seeming like a bad divorce.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#9 » by Norm2953 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:44 am

The team might actually fit together with CJ as the back court mate with Simons for he's better than
McLemore who plays well with Simons. Dame is still going to bring back much more value than CJ
even after an injury riddled season.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#10 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:46 am

Victory GLB pic
Spoiler:
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,827

Post#11 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:03 am

Some y'all gotta stop with the idea of trading Dame because of six good games from Simons. I beg of you.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#12 » by PDXKnight » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:11 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:Some y'all gotta stop with the idea of trading Dame because of six good games from Simons. I beg of you.

Ok true small sample size but if Simons finishes the year as well as he’s played these last six games or similar to this we need to hold onto him. And Simons would be a pretty darn good start at a rebuild if we go nuclear. Hindsight on giving up a 22 year old playing this well would not look too kind in the history books
Norm2953
RealGM

Post#13 » by Norm2953 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:18 am

One can only imagine this team if we had kept GTJ and built around Simons/GTJ, a pair of 22 year olds

It's a small sample size but lets see how the season finishes up. Let's see how CJ meshes with Simons and
how Powell fits when he returns. Portland will want to know how the individual pieces fit while Dame is
out Right now, those no name Blazers are competing hard for even guys like the other CJ are contributing
along with McLemore and DSJ. The team (and Dame) might really benefit from a good trade that places
Dame in the best position to compete for a championship while bringing back to Portland some solid pieces
to help the team in 2022-23 compete.
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#14 » by mighty_duck » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:06 am

Blazers keep finding new ways to disappoint me. Now they can't even tank well. :)

That was a very nice showing. They are becoming watchable again.

Simons is proving he is more than a 6th man, but he also can't be paired long-term with Dame or CJ or we run in to the same defensive issues as the original Dame/CJ pairing.
Going to be an interesting trade deadline, or offseason.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#15 » by PDXKnight » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:41 pm

mighty_duck wrote:Blazers keep finding new ways to disappoint me. Now they can't even tank well. :)

That was a very nice showing. They are becoming watchable again.

Simons is proving he is more than a 6th man, but he also can't be paired long-term with Dame or CJ or we run in to the same defensive issues as the original Dame/CJ pairing.
Going to be an interesting trade deadline, or offseason.

I think our best bet is to run simons the rest of the year and see what he can do unless someone gives us an offer we can’t refuse. And in rfa i say match whatever offer he gets, he’s a huge asset and the last thing i want to see is him bail for nothing

If he plays out the season at a high level (i expect a comedown but if it’s like 20 ppg/ 6 apg) then I think it’s hard to justify trading him for anything short of an all star. And indeed i’m not foolish as i know dame is a more talented player but this team’s window with dame looks to be waning so if Simons finishes out strong and looks like a potential number 1 going forward I think the timing of trading dame might be ideal if we can get some nice rebuild pieces around. That’d be if we can’t get someone like paul george for simons but who knows what simons’ value is

All i know for sure is if we let simons go in rfa we will regret it big time. Simons looks like the real deal he’s carrying this team to w’s with almost everyone out that’s not to be understated. And his statistical feats for this month haven’t been met by a young player like this since young durant
valleyman33
Junior
And1: 37

Post#16 » by valleyman33 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:43 pm

by Oden2 » Yesterday 7:11 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:
Some y'all gotta stop with the idea of trading Dame because of six good games from Simons. I beg of you.

Ok true small sample size but if Simons finishes the year as well as he’s played these last six games or similar to this we need to hold onto him. And Simons would be a pretty darn good start at a rebuild if we go nuclear. Hindsight on giving up a 22 year old playing this well would not look too kind in the history books

True dat! I'm sure everyone remembers giving up a promising young 7 foot Center/Power Forward that went on to become an All Star with the Pacers! Do not make that mistake again... :banghead:
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."
Henry Ford

Return to Portland Trail Blazers