ImageImage

Game 43: Portland vs Orlando 4:00pm Root+, NBAtv

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Re: Game 43: Portland vs Orlando 4:00pm Root+, NBAtv 

Post#21 » by Norm2953 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:12 am

Billips being a former player must have reminded both Nurk and Roco to play hard for they are in the last
year of their deals and CJ knows the trade deadline is coming up. Players can do amazing things in the
last year of their deals when are most motivated. Beware of those guys who get paid and suddenly stop
playing hard
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#22 » by PDXKnight » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:47 am

Goldbum wrote:I am now leaning towards trading both Dame and CJ before or at the deadline. I'm convinced DSJ/McLemore are just fine as our backup PG/SG for a couple years, especially if we can retain them at their current cost. CJ got up 2 more shots than Ant in less minutes.

If we trade dame and cj i highly doubt we will care about backup guards haha. Cj really has to go though yes, i’m at the point where even if his value isn’t great a blazers divorce just seems necessary
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#23 » by monopoman » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:57 am

Oh man the Tank is clearly in danger, this team is 4-1 over their last 5 games and their sole loss was when Simons didn't play.

This kid reminds me a lot of Lillard, it also helps that Nurkic is playing some of his best basketball all season long right now.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#24 » by Blazinaway » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:57 pm

monopoman wrote:Oh man the Tank is clearly in danger, this team is 4-1 over their last 5 games and their sole loss was when Simons didn't play.

This kid reminds me a lot of Lillard, it also helps that Nurkic is playing some of his best basketball all season long right now.

nice to see ANT with 7 assists even though his offensive game was subpar
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#25 » by monopoman » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:07 pm

Blazinaway wrote:
monopoman wrote:Oh man the Tank is clearly in danger, this team is 4-1 over their last 5 games and their sole loss was when Simons didn't play.

nice to see ANT with 7 assists even though his offensive game was subpar

He seems to be a very streaky shooter, he is either making it look like he can't miss, or he can't buy a bucket.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#26 » by GEE » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:03 am

ANT was still very effective in the game, even though his 3 wasn't falling. I personally think he's smarter than Dame. MAC had a hot 3rd, after bricking all first half. Nurkic is again, The BEAST. Little struggled a bit, but was still solid, same could be said for ROCO.

It was CJ's first game back after a long layoff, jeez... I thought he did fine considering. I also disagree with the notion that we must trade CJ. Like many have said for years now, it's the pairing of Dame and CJ that has hurt this team's chances since CJ became the starting 2, and not our 6-Man. It doesn't mean CJ is bad, but I do agree that one of, if not both, should be moved. Considering CJ's value might be half of what Dame's is, with a market that is a fraction of what Dame's is, I'd want to start with Dame ONLY (and do it yesterday) for Simmons +++, and look at CJ in the Summer, if needed.

I just feel like Dame will be happier getting a real chance at a ring, vs staying here for 3-4 more years of similar outcomes to years' past. I'm also fairly certain that Simmons is a near perfect fit here in Portland, as he adds to (along w/ Drummond) exactly what this team lacks. I'm also quite certain that Simmons would love playing here with Chauncey's style of play, and clear respect for his players.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers