Game 47: Portland vs Minnesota 7:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:49 am

vs

Time: 7:00pm
Place: Moda Center
TV: Root, Root+

GLB of the game Jasmine Tookes
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Re: Game 47: Portland vs Minnesota 7:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#2 » by ducler » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:03 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,843

Post#4 » by Norm2953 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:23 am

It sure looks like Portland is going to be eaten alive on both the offensive and defensive boards. First game
back after a long road trip is oftentimes like another road game and the Wolves are have a lot of size on
their team.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:42 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#6 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:18 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#7 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:53 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#8 » by GEE » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:06 am

Where's Dame? Couldn't make it to the game? Barf.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,827

Post#9 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:13 am

GEE wrote:Where's Dame? Couldn't make it to the game? Barf.

Why are you wanting a father of young children, all under vaccination age, who just recently had surgery to attend the game during an outbreak of this variant?
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#10 » by Dame Lizard » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:28 am

RoCo's finishing at the rim has been woeful on a few occasions tonight.

Good for the tank though.
GEE
Starter

Post#11 » by GEE » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:31 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:

Why are you wanting a father of young children, all under vaccination age, who just recently had surgery to attend the game during an outbreak of this variant?

:rofl: What? I don't even know how to respond to that. Unwarranted baseless attack? Pretty nasty for a moderator. Guess it's quantity of posts, and not quality.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,843

Post#12 » by Norm2953 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:37 am

There is no need for Dame to attend the games but who's to say he's not in the locker room?
The Sebastian Express

Post#13 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:50 am

GEE wrote:

:rofl: What? I don't even know how to respond to that. Unwarranted baseless attack? Pretty nasty for a moderator. Guess it's quantity of posts, and not quality.

It's not an attack. You're questioning why Dame isn't at the game and making a big deal that he isn't, I'm asking you why you want him, with the consideration for the current events of the world, his physical health and his children - who cannot get vaccinated -, at a game he cannot play in anyways. That's called engagement and questioning a thought you put out into the world.
The Sebastian Express

Post#14 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:55 am

Also this is a great loss. Competitive, great work from the young guys, my belief for a dip to Jabari Smith still alive!
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,164

Post#15 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:39 am

Lemme see if I got this right, coach put Little in for Nurkic but kept CJ and Simons out there when we needed to get a stop. Hm.
LillardTime
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#16 » by LillardTime » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:56 am

GEE wrote:

I’d say that is a pretty reasonable question to ask. You’ve been mentioning a dame trade for a while now so I guess getting called out doesn’t suit your agenda. Can’t see where the attack is but I guess deflecting when you get called out is the best option.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#17 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:41 pm

LillardTime wrote:
GEE wrote:

I’d say that is a pretty reasonable question to ask. You’ve been mentioning a dame trade for a while now so I guess getting called out doesn’t suit your agenda. Can’t see where the attack is but I guess deflecting when you get called out is the best option.

He calls out Dame for not sitting courtside while wanting to trade him for a healthy guy who wont even attend a practice.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,326

Post#18 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:29 pm

Portland didn't win many games when Dame & CJ combined for more shots than points. They'll win even fewer when CJ & Simons combine for more shots than points, like last night. Blazers have been playing well but there's little margin for error. Speaking of error, in the last 2 games Simons has 12 assists and 12 turnovers. He needs a refresher in ball security because opposing teams are building scouting reports on him

Blazers dodged a bullet when Little hurt is shoulder. That was a 'we-can't-have-nice-things' moment. Nas sure gets dinged up a lot. The 2nd coming of Crash?

and yeah, Dame isn't above criticism but going after him for not being visible on the bench in last night's game is pretty strange. I didn't notice...were Nance and Zeller there? By the way, reporting is Zeller is having knee surgery and will be re-evaluated in 8-10 weeks
GEE
Starter

Post#19 » by GEE » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:59 pm

GEE wrote:

It's not an attack. You're questioning why Dame isn't at the game and making a big deal that he isn't, I'm asking you why you want him, with the consideration for the current events of the world, his physical health and his children - who cannot get vaccinated -, at a game he cannot play in anyways. That's called engagement and questioning a thought you put out into the world.

Engagement and questioning... whatever. I simply asked the question of why he isn't there. That's all. YOU decided to spin that, and attach a load of stank onto me. Good job.

There is plenty of reason to ask the question, especially if you are an individual that may be paying out hard earned money to see the Blazers' product, and the face of the franchise, and the famed leader of it, isn't there to support his team, or the fanbase. Just asked the question, and that actually raised more questions as evidenced in the less than innocent response, that only provided possible reasons why he was excused from being there. Just don't see the need for the obvious insinuation. You could have posted without doing so. Do you know your statement about his absence to be true? Do you know this to be the case? Because there are alot of other players in the league that also have young children, that may also be hurt, but most still show up to support their teammates... like Nance.

As for Nance and Zeller, in context, I posted at the end of the 3rd qtr. while watching, and the announcers had mentioned Zeller needing surgery. Also, Nance was in attendance. But these guys are not the face of this franchise, and people don't really pay to see them, or if you are a youngster at the game, maybe be so lucky as to get an autograph from one of them. See what I'm sayin'? I never once recall either Blazer announcer mentioning Dame at all, and that is really why I posted the question. My wanting to at least CONSIDER moving on from Dame has nothing to with this, or at least it shouldn't.
The Sebastian Express

Post#20 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:18 pm

GEE wrote:
GEE wrote:

Engagement and questioning... whatever. I simply asked the question of why he isn't there. That's all. YOU decided to spin that, and attach a load of stank onto me. Good job.

There is plenty of reason to ask the question, especially if you are an individual that may be paying out hard earned money to see the Blazers' product, and the face of the franchise, and the famed leader of it, isn't there to support his team, or the fanbase. Just asked the question, and that actually raised more questions as evidenced in the less than innocent response, that only provided possible reasons why he was excused from being there. Just don't see the need for the obvious insinuation. You could have posted without doing so. Do you know your statement about his absence to be true? Do you know this to be the case? Because there are alot of other players in the league that also have young children, that may also be hurt, but most still show up to support their teammates... like Nance.

As for Nance and Zeller, in context, I posted at the end of the 3rd qtr. while watching, and the announcers had mentioned Zeller needing surgery. Also, Nance was in attendance. But these guys are not the face of this franchise, and people don't really pay to see them, or if you are a youngster at the game, maybe be so lucky as to get an autograph from one of them. See what I'm sayin'? I never once recall either Blazer announcer mentioning Dame at all, and that is really why I posted the question. My wanting to at least CONSIDER moving on from Dame has nothing to with this, or at least it shouldn't.

Obvious insinuation? You are the one who added an inflammatory 'barf' at the end, Gee. I didn't write that for you, I didn't edit your post to add it, I didn't make you write either. No one made you make your post, you choose to make your position, you made the insinuations yourself as to how you felt about his absence. Even now you're trying to insinuate that Dame isn't there to support his teammates by saying that Nance and Zeller would be there to support their teammates, suggesting not being there is to not support.

Also, I can't really say I've ever known anyone to pay a ticket to go and watch the bench to see an injured player there.

You're using all these examples as if we are in a normal time. We aren't in a normal time. Life hasn't been normal for the past two years. Dame had surgery. Dame isn't at the game. Dame has young kids at home. We're in the middle of a surge of a variant in a pandemic. I don't know if that is why he isn't at the game, but you don't know the reasons either. Have some empathy for the players. They're humans too, I'm not upset a dad to young kids who had surgery a bit ago isn't at a game or two or a few weeks. I'd rather he be safe and cautious and take care of him and his family, like I imagine we all want each other to do as well.

You're the one that added barf at the end of your post, I'm not sure why you weren't expecting some valid pushback on your question and why you decided you were being attacked.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers