ImageImage

Woj: RoCo and Powell traded to Clippers for Bledsoe, Winslow, Johnson and 2nd

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Re: Woj: RoCo and Powell traded to Clippers for Bledsoe, Winslow, Johnson and 2nd 

Post#121 » by DusterBuster » Sat Feb 5, 2022 3:44 am

I also really wonder, both Olshey and Cronin claim they run all trade ideas by Lillard first... I just have to imagine that's BS... isn't it? Would Dame for real sign off on this trash?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM

Re: Woj: RoCo and Powell traded to Clippers for Bledsoe, Winslow, Johnson and 2nd 

Post#122 » by DusterBuster » Sat Feb 5, 2022 3:46 am

Sounds like Billups had a decent amount of say in this move...

Read on Twitter

There are obviously going to be more moves - maybe even this week - but they're gonna have to make some pretty impressive to really prove to me this one was part of some bigger grander plan...
RTG HD
Rookie
And1: 741

Post#123 » by RTG HD » Sat Feb 5, 2022 3:50 am

Nuntius wrote:I don't hate it as much as other posters do but I do value Keon Johnson very highly. I would have drafted him in the lottery this past draft so getting him is essentially getting a 1st round pick to me.

Cool, I am sure he can be had for a top 59 protected second round pick next year when we are trying to cut salary again. Best of luck on your home team being the one to get him. I have no doubt he will be great after he leaves the Blazers.
RTG HD
Rookie
And1: 741

Post#124 » by RTG HD » Sat Feb 5, 2022 3:53 am

Snakebites wrote:So…had this been proposed on these forums how would it have been received?

Very bad because the deal is very bad.
Blazers98
Junior
And1: 96

Post#125 » by Blazers98 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 3:55 am

Reflecting more on this. In a vacuum, this is a terrible trade. Our only hope is that it is the first domino to fall. I don't know about the nuts and bolts of trade regulations but why not just have this as part of a larger deal if one were on the table or being cobbled together?
Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#126 » by DusterBuster » Sat Feb 5, 2022 4:11 am

RTG HD wrote:
Snakebites wrote:So…had this been proposed on these forums how would it have been received?

Very bad because the deal is very bad.

Yep, this rightfully would have been laughed off the board as it’s been laughed off even after it actually happened. Just because a bad deal is offered and inexplicably accepted doesn’t make it not a bad deal.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#127 » by DusterBuster » Sat Feb 5, 2022 4:22 am

Double Helix wrote:Surprising to see some of you suggest that Dame may have wanted a deal like this. My thoughts are the opposite. You don’t normally do a deal like this if you have a star of Lillard’s caliber at his age. Usually those stars want to win now and would prefer having the more productive vets over younger assets. So, my thoughts are the opposite. I’m actually wondering if this is a sign that the Blazers may trade Lillard himself next. Once a tear down begins it’s often dramatic. If that happens I really don’t want him on one of the Eastern playoff teams. The thought of some kind of Ben Simmons for Damian Lillard framework worries me because I think that would be great for Philly. Simmons is a good defender and passer but he is overrated in total winning impact and a baby. You don’t want that guy as your “superstar.”

I haven’t read every post in this thread, but I don’t recall any post I’ve seen ever suggest Dame wanted this.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#128 » by Case2012 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 4:26 am

For what it’s worth, Keon looks like an intriguing prospect but this doesn’t help us now, or for the remainder of Dame’s career for that matter. Still… His athleticism and defensive potential look like a great fit next to Ant and Nas once the Dame era has concluded.
Instagram: @casetwelve
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#129 » by wjun15 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 4:34 am

Double Helix wrote:Surprising to see some of you suggest that Dame may have wanted a deal like this. My thoughts are the opposite. You don’t normally do a deal like this if you have a star of Lillard’s caliber at his age. Usually those stars want to win now and would prefer having the more productive vets over younger assets. So, my thoughts are the opposite. I’m actually wondering if this is a sign that the Blazers may trade Lillard himself next. Once a tear down begins it’s often dramatic. If that happens I really don’t want him on one of the Eastern playoff teams. The thought of some kind of Ben Simmons for Damian Lillard framework worries me because I think that would be great for Philly. Simmons is a good defender and passer but he is overrated in total winning impact and a baby. You don’t want that guy as your “superstar.”

well correct me if I'm wrong but Dame chances of getting that extension goes higher the less money we pay to other players. regardless if Dame wins or not, he gets his money and the loyalty narrative remains intact (and becomes the best blazer in history) if he really wanted to win he'd go to Philly. but look at the latest report he cares more about location than winning. he said he wants to stay west coast which means he would be fine with Sac? lol
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#130 » by DusterBuster » Sat Feb 5, 2022 4:36 am

And here’s Joe Clownins explanation…

Read on Twitter
?s=21
wjun15
Rookie

Post#131 » by wjun15 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 4:49 am

I'm scared he means giving nurk an extension. please trade him so we get a top 5 pick. and we need a consistent center that won't play well just because its their contract season.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#132 » by monopoman » Sat Feb 5, 2022 4:59 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
JasonStern wrote:
I find it hard to believe that no team in the league would give up a 1st round pick for both Powell and Covington. Our interim GM got fleeced. It sucks, but college football season is only... 7 months away. Damn it.

For what is worth, I absolutely count Keon Johnson as a first round pick. He was just picked in this past draft. Had he stayed another year in school, he'd probably be a lottery pick in this summer's draft.

For what it's worth, I agree with this - especially considering how young he is. There's very little you can take away from most picks in the 20's and guys who are under 20yo.

I think most of us were hoping for a 2022 FRP just because it would give the Blazers back some flexibility to move their current first-year pick (they could then trade the lottery part of it that is protected in Chicago's portion).

Anfernee didn't look that special at age 19 and he proved doubters wrong. Anyways my biggest problem is we didn't get a FRP coming back for this trade, I would be more fine with this trade if we got a future first from the Clippers.

This trade makes me think this team is either being blown up soon, or they are desperate to get under the cap which seems odd to me when many teams would probably like to have Covington or Powell.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,788

Post#133 » by RoyceDa59 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 5:02 am

And to think they traded Gary Trent Jr for Powell.

Not even a first for Powell and Rico? Those 2 would shore up any contenders wing positions. Powell is legit 18-4-3 guy with range and defence in his prime. Roco classic 3 & d.

Portland is a mess.
Go Raps!!
RoyceDa59
RealGM

Post#134 » by RoyceDa59 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 5:04 am

Clippers will be nasty next season.
Go Raps!!
monopoman
RealGM

Post#135 » by monopoman » Sat Feb 5, 2022 5:17 am

RoyceDa59 wrote:And to think they traded Gary Trent Jr for Powell.

Not even a first for Powell and Rico? Those 2 would shore up any contenders wing positions. Powell is legit 18-4-3 guy with range and defence in his prime. Roco classic 3 & d.

Portland is a mess.

Not sure why you came in here to kick dirt in our face after a rough day for most of us. Thanks dude! I will be sure to go to the Raptors board when they make a bone headed move and do the same thing.

I swear Raptors have the most aggressive and petty fans on this board, by a **** landslide.

Funny that the Country that is supposed to be far nicer than the USA has pretty much the worst fans on this board, though I assume some Raptor fans don't live in Canada most do.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#136 » by DusterBuster » Sat Feb 5, 2022 5:46 am

Portland is a mess.

We know.

Get **** ****.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#137 » by Case2012 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 6:03 am

I just don't understand why we would choose to deal with a team that doesn't have any first round pics in the first place when we're trying to get assets while also tanking. There's several teams trying to compete that have a pick, an expiring contract, and a young player. Why LA? Why help a rival team? It's insult to injury. I have a feeling billups played a big role in this deal.
Instagram: @casetwelve
RoyceDa59
RealGM

Post#138 » by RoyceDa59 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 6:08 am

monopoman wrote:

Portland is a mess.

Not sure why you came in here to kick dirt in our face after a rough day for most of us. Thanks dude! I will be sure to go to the Raptors board when they make a bone headed move and do the same thing.

I swear Raptors have the most aggressive and petty fans on this board, by a **** landslide.

Funny that the Country that is supposed to be far nicer than the USA has pretty much the worst fans on this board, though I assume some Raptor fans don't live in Canada most do.

It’s the general board, and it’s a bad trade for Portland. Not trying to poop on anyone, just calling it how I see it.

Trent for Norm + RoCo for that package is a bad sequence of trades for Portland.
Go Raps!!
monopoman
RealGM

Post#139 » by monopoman » Sat Feb 5, 2022 6:13 am

RoyceDa59 wrote:
monopoman wrote:

Portland is a mess.

It’s the general board, and it’s a bad trade for Portland. Not trying to poop on anyone, just calling it how I see it.

Trent for Norm + RoCo for that package is a bad sequence of trades for Portland.

Trust me 99% of the Blazer fans here know this is a bad trade, at most we have 1% trying to find the bright spot in a rough trade. We don't need you to come here and let us know, but like I said I will be happy to go to the Raptors board and do the same thing in the future when your team is gutted by a bad trade.

I know you all think Masai is a god and even if he never makes a bone headed deal his time will eventually pass and we all know back in the 90s and early 00's the Raptors were a joke that had a hard time even putting together a playoff team let alone a great team. Blazers despite having some of the worst luck in the NBA actually have been competitive most of the years, we have lost great players to injuries well before their time should have been over and still we are able to field at least a pretty good team.
wjun15
Rookie

Post#140 » by wjun15 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 6:55 am

can someone tell me how this helps us be able to trade at the deadline. Cronin is making it sound like this is for another trade to happen in 5 days

Return to Portland Trail Blazers