ImageImage

Woj: RoCo and Powell traded to Clippers for Bledsoe, Winslow, Johnson and 2nd

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

RTG HD
Rookie
And1: 741

Re: Woj: RoCo and Powell traded to Clippers for Bledsoe, Winslow, Johnson and 2nd 

Post#201 » by RTG HD » Mon Feb 7, 2022 8:38 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:I hear over and over that New Orleans wants McCollum - what is the rumored return?

Given the return we got on Powell my guess is a restricted 3rd round draft pick. :cry:
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: Woj: RoCo and Powell traded to Clippers for Bledsoe, Winslow, Johnson and 2nd 

Post#202 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Feb 7, 2022 8:41 pm

I was wondering about Boston facilitating with Horford (27 million this year instead of 31, only guaranteed for 14 million next year, then off the books) to Portland.. saves you like 60 million if you didn't want JVal or NOP clutter. Lots of permutations beyond that.. Boston has Langford, Pritchard to put in, you could mix and match with Nurk to us for Enes "Freedom", or Nance if you wanted to dump salary.. C's would want Satoransky.. New Orleans has a bunch of rookie scale pieces and could send a pick..
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,872

Post#203 » by JasonStern » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:36 pm

DusterBuster wrote:This honestly reminds me of the ZBo trade to NY as probably the last “wow, that sucks” trade. ZBo had his issues but was super productive and having a career year when portland traded him for what amounted to a bag of stale chips (sorry Channing) to NY.

No. This trade was 10x worse. ZBo was a JailBlazers remnant who clashed with up-and-coming Brandon Roy. Roy told management to get rid of ZBo if you wanted a winning locker room. I do agree that the Blazers should have been able to land David Lee or a 1st instead Frye and... Dan Dickau. But again, that trade made sense as it was part of a long-term rebuilding vision. And while ZBo ended up redeeming himself in Memphis, that wasn't for years later. His Knicks career was unremarkable and filled with reported conflicts with the coaching staff and teammates.

Oden2 wrote:You know it’s bad when even canzano doesn’t try to come up with some lame excuse as to why this trade makes sense

I lol'd.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#204 » by DusterBuster » Mon Feb 7, 2022 11:31 pm

JasonStern wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:This honestly reminds me of the ZBo trade to NY as probably the last “wow, that sucks” trade. ZBo had his issues but was super productive and having a career year when portland traded him for what amounted to a bag of stale chips (sorry Channing) to NY.

No. This trade was 10x worse. ZBo was a JailBlazers remnant who clashed with up-and-coming Brandon Roy. Roy told management to get rid of ZBo if you wanted a winning locker room. I do agree that the Blazers should have been able to land David Lee or a 1st instead Frye and... Dan Dickau. But again, that trade made sense as it was part of a long-term rebuilding vision. And while ZBo ended up redeeming himself in Memphis, that wasn't for years later. His Knicks career was unremarkable and filled with reported conflicts with the coaching staff and teammates.

Oden2 wrote:You know it’s bad when even canzano doesn’t try to come up with some lame excuse as to why this trade makes sense

I lol'd.

I was saying for myself personally. Fine if you don’t agree, but that was the last time I felt like the team accepted pennies on the dollars.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,872

Post#205 » by JasonStern » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:17 pm

"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#206 » by PDXKnight » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:13 am

Best of wishes to norm, he broke his foot and will be out indefinitely. Tough blow for him

Return to Portland Trail Blazers